1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Zaza Zen By Ensar Review

Discussion in 'General' started by humbll, Sep 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. humbll

humbll Hopelessly Addicted to Oud

Zaza Zen is a very nice oil, especially at the price point its at ($99 per 2.5 grams). Very fruity and resinous, but can't put my finger on any particular fruit. Zero barnyard notes. Projection is good, i am 3.5 hours in and I can still smell the fruity top notes atop the middle notes which are starting to appear. The middle notes are very pleasant, incensy and crisp. All in all this is a very good value for the money, and I think I will pick up another bottle or two before it runs out if the longevity exceeds 6-8 hours.

EDIT TO CLARIFY DURATION/LONGEVITY:
    For $99 it's really a no-brainer once you've worn this beautiful oil. I put this on my beard at 9:41 am, and am still getting whiffs of it, though fainter now, and its 3:03 pm. It will easily be a 6+ hour organic pure oud oil, from a master distiller, that smells very nice for a mere $99!

Available here: https://ensaroud.com/product/zaza-zen/946

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    tk90, Johnny E, Kabir Attars and 3 others like this.
  2. humbll

Whoops, I see now there is a reviews forum where this should have been posted instead of here, my bad.

3. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

That’s tempting, in a way

humbll likes this.
  4. AbuTominaga

AbuTominaga Oud Gangster

Based on your review I ordered one today. I'll report back with my take soon.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

humbll likes this.
  5. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

I bought a Tola of this oil and love it. Has a nice honey note that reminds me of oud extraordinaire

Woody and humbll like this.
  6. Mr.P

If literally anyone else was selling it I’d be on board...

7. humbll

You don't like Ensar? I wouldn't let personal feelings about someone get in the way of a good oil. In my experience Ensar is an honest businessman and his oils are among the best of the best. I ordered a sample pack of oils from him back in 2013, one of the vials had broken in transit, probably due to a flaw in the glass. When I placed this order I reminded him of the broken vial and he replaced it with an unreleased oil sample filled up to almost the halfway mark of the vial! In addition to this on this order he was kind enough to send me samples of 2 additional oils and a sample of one of his parfums, called Monsieur Oud.

8. Mr.P

Yeah, I regret the purchases I made and would not send another dime in that guy’s direction. You all can hate me, but I don’t want to be wearing oud from a guy who’s basically built a career boasting, exaggerating, and trash-talking others. Ill try to move on...

No doubt he is kind to potential customers with deep pockets. Try asking the man himself to take you off his newsletter! See what he calls you...

[mods - maybe this is inappropriate so feel free to delete this if it violates forum policy. I was going to delete it but I didn’t want to be seen to be backpedaling or trying to hide my comments]

Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  9. humbll

No, I don't hate you, sir. Everyone is entitled to their own views. I don't have particularly deep pockets, but do set aside money for some of the finer things, one of which I consider to be agarwood and oud oils. I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with Ensar, personalities clash sometimes.

Tarik likes this.
  10. Mr.P

Thanks. Didn’t mean you - I was speaking of my own experience as a potential customer. As for the hating, sometimes there is a bit of an entourage effect, and it is understandable if folks come to the defense of their favorite vendor!

I don’t have much interpersonal experience, mainly my comment is based on social media activity and advertising campaigns. I have found both to be pretty ugly when you get beyond the “customer recruitment / retention” level, and i personally feel better sending my support to those vendors who are not terrified of competition and are mutually supportive and generally promote agarwood awareness in a kind hearted way. Somehow the agarwood oil seems more enjoyable when it comes from someone like this.

[sort of sorry to dredge this up, mods please delete if inappropriate ]

AbuTominaga, Joe King and Rai Munir like this.
  11. MrEleven1181

MrEleven1181 Oud Fan

I got a 3ml bottle of zaza zen I actually thought it was just one of ensar ouds friends didn’t know it was his oil. I bought mine from zaza haus website. I really like the oil probably going to grab a few more bottles, at that price its a must buy IMO

humbll likes this.
  12. humbll

Yea for $99 it's really a no-brainer once you've worn this beautiful oil. I put this on my beard at 9:41 am, and am still getting whiffs of it, though fainter now, and its 3:03 pm. A 6+ hour organic oil that smells very nice for a mere $99

13. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

I love these intro grade Ensar oils for how out on the town or people friendly they are and how they are priced. They put me in a very up beat mood with less guilt and I honestly think they have the under 200$ oud market pretty well served. Lots of choices
    I don’t follow him on social media or play into any advertising hype. But I do think lots of choices in all price ranges with real value in each level of oil is a great way to sell a lot of oil. If he sticks with that as a sales tactic I will probably keep buying.

Tarik likes this.
  14. Mr.P

No doubt.

15. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

@Mr. P

I totally respect your sentiment concerning
    “not supporting certain vendors”
    The experience of buying oud should include
    feeling okay with the vendor

If I have any qualms, I would steer clear also

:praying:

16. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

They set up another website to sell essential oils I believe but it seems there's a lot of the same products on both the sites, not too sure what happened there.

17. Mr.P

That’s kind oudamberlove.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  18. Woody

Woody Whats this Oud About?

I have some OE, and quite like it. How generally would you say they compare?

Oudamberlove likes this.
  19. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Well it’s not thick like OE, only that one similar note I get of straight honey is very close and nice and then it differs but it is a fine oil at a price that is extraordinary

Oudamberlove likes this.
  20. Woody

Woody Whats this Oud About?

Hmm now this and the Super Hoi An, and the Wanmei are all vying for attention...

Promote Oud!