Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Al salam alekoum brothers and sisters.
Your brother Abu Amir will provide somtimes with info that can benfit you.
Many ask how to get rid of the burning smell from oud oil. Dont treat the oil to remove the burnt smell. Dont BURN it from the begining.
Use oil jacketed still as below this is what they do in alchol industri when they have solids in still like corn potati starsh and more. The oil jacketed prevent scorshing and no burning will occur.
C7C5FDB5-68FF-46D2-B71F-301B5678434E.jpeg

EJayB

True Ouddict
Can this be achieved by heating with electric heat And mechanical Stirring alone? I always feel it’s the fire that Is scorching The batch or lack of proper stirring. I use a double pass reflux column packed with copper when distilling alcohol and never burnt a run yet!
It is fire heated

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Can this be achieved by heating with electric heat And mechanical Stirring alone? I always feel it’s the fire that Is scorching The batch or lack of proper stirring. I use a double pass reflux column packed with copper when distilling alcohol and never burnt a run yet!
It is fire heated
Maybe. But this is what they use in the alchol industri, i found it nice becuse same are here with solid stuff

Mr.P

oud<3er
I've seen people heap praises on oils that have a strong smokey note. I don't remember which oil, something from ensar i think. I've smelled oils like this and I always reject them never would think of buying them because I think the scent is a sign the scent has been tampered with in some artificial way. Either that or not properly distilled. I smell smoky oil I just categorize it as a mukhallat and not as oud

But people love the stuff…

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I've seen people heap praises on oils that have a strong smokey note. I don't remember which oil, something from ensar i think. I've smelled oils like this and I always reject them never would think of buying them because I think the scent is a sign the scent has been tampered with in some artificial way. Either that or not properly distilled. I smell smoky oil I just categorize it as a mukhallat and not as oud

But people love the stuff…
I read somewhere that the smokey scent can be brought out by using a certain distillation method where by some of the pots can have a burning of wood or something else to illicit that scent in the finished process. I admit to not understanding the process enough to know how true this may be.
I have one that has a strong smokey fire top scent and continues in the background for a while....

EJayB

True Ouddict
Al salam alekoum brothers and sisters.
Your brother Abu Amir will provide somtimes with info that can benfit you.
Many ask how to get rid of the burning smell from oud oil. Dont treat the oil to remove the burnt smell. Dont BURN it from the begining.
Use oil jacketed still as below this is what they do in alchol industri when they have solids in still like corn potati starsh and more. The oil jacketed prevent scorshing and no burning will occur.
View attachment 14707
Ok I got my 26 gallon double walled oil filled electric heated stainless steal pot on its way!!
My equipment cost are getting close to my oud habit cost!

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
I read somewhere that the smokey scent can be brought out by using a certain distillation method where by some of the pots can have a burning of wood or something else to illicit that scent in the finished process. I admit to not understanding the process enough to know how true this may be.
I have one that has a strong smokey fire top scent and continues in the background for a while....
To be honest brother those who claim to controll the destillation more than heat and condensor temp are liers hahahaha i want the vendors to prove me wrong

EJayB

True Ouddict
Pot addition of non oud ingredients does not count!! It’s all in your abilities to control heat and stirring and condenser temps !
Proper Equipment Is everything!
The burnt smell from poor stirring and flame heat are real

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Pot addition of non oud ingredients does not count!! It’s all in your abilities to control heat and stirring and condenser temps !
Proper Equipment Is everything!
The burnt smell from poor stirring and flame heat are real
Exactley no more buttons like some talk about have 100% controll of the oil smell from destillation like they are living GCMS but as u said there are not alot of button to push and regulatr than pot temp and condensor temp and most of them in the jungel dont have even thermometer :)