Oud_learner

my picture is so weird man it tells a lot of stories right?

but man oh man your burner tells a lot of stories as well.. :D :O :S :thumbsup:

Most amazing burner would be an burner made of an oud tree.

like a 20 cm high agarwood stump
that wouldbe flyoh boi
with the roots going to the side
maybe when the stumpis big enough, your basket can fit in :D

Here you go! [emoji4]

107a462ad3004c63a7bb462222013e53.jpg

How about a 495gr agarwood block heater for USD19,000? [emoji33]

1b7b8d5706cf80256a6f5d82aea85b5b.jpg

Or this? [emoji16] Not even for sale...

a31f2b51c5e12c548dce0abc3f767f2c.jpg

jalil

Oud bully
What is the metal part on the second one?

it look like its "in" the wood

Santal Claus

True Ouddict
There is nothing that recharges me like a long burning session. Some lovely Walla Patta. Anyone ever get any warm banana notes out of Walla Patta?
Hi! I tried finding the banana in walla patta today. I definitely pick up some sort of fruit in there, but also something like a coolness and clove. As for a burning session in general, how long do yours go? Lots of wood or small amounts and "listening?"

I try to use lower heat for a while on agarwood to enjoy all of the notes. I burn less and for shorter periods nowadays; maybe 3o minutes.

On my burner today was a handful of beyo frankincense mixed with Somali myrrh. On the other burner was Indonesian sandalwood powder.

Santal Claus

True Ouddict
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good incense stick holder?
To be truthful, I saved a lot of holders that came with common Nippon Kodo incense boxes and use them to this day. They are small, square ceramic ones. Their Kayuragi line comes with small, square stone-like holders which are even better. I have goods ones I purchased from a potter as well. But, if you need one and quick, I suggest buying a box of Nippon Kodo Sandalwood incense. I'm sure there is much better out there and our other members can probably help too.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
@Santal Claus i usually use a small fingertip size chip and let it heat on low heat for around 20 minutes. I like experimenting and adding some sandal, frankensense and other things in the mix. Walla patta is one of my favorite woods that fresh green mintyness is lovely. I always find around 10 15 mins after burning the smell in the room is lovely i walk out and come back to take the hit lol

Alkhadra

"Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan
Hi! I tried finding the banana in walla patta today. I definitely pick up some sort of fruit in there, but also something like a coolness and clove. As for a burning session in general, how long do yours go? Lots of wood or small amounts and "listening?"

I try to use lower heat for a while on agarwood to enjoy all of the notes. I burn less and for shorter periods nowadays; maybe 3o minutes.

On my burner today was a handful of beyo frankincense mixed with Somali myrrh. On the other burner was Indonesian sandalwood powder.

Well I do all types of burning depending on my mood. :Whistling: Sometimes enjoying a very small amount around 0.05-0.15gr for an extended period of time, usually 20-30 minutes (kodo style). Other times a nice big piece weighing 0.5-0.8gr, fumigate the hell of my room, this method usually only lasts a couple minutes depending on the thickness of the piece.
Once I burnt a 5 gram piece on hot coal after coming out of the shower (don't ask why) and the scent of Oud smoke was literally embedded into my skin. :Roflmao::Roflmao: I don't plan on doing that again.