Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
For the past 3 days (or more?) I've been burning a pretty big piece of "Vietnam wild" by Mesoud, generally on high heat. This morning while cooking breakfast I started it on 14v, it dropped down to high 12s by the time I sat down to eat and it was singing a beautifully sweet scent. I can never think how to describe wood but this is gorgeous. Not sure where the wood is from (it's not the Ha Tinh) - ah wait, I got it - Binh phuoc

-Renton-

True Ouddict
For the past 3 days (or more?) I've been burning a pretty big piece of "Vietnam wild" by Mesoud, generally on high heat. This morning while cooking breakfast I started it on 14v, it dropped down to high 12s by the time I sat down to eat and it was singing a beautifully sweet scent. I can never think how to describe wood but this is gorgeous. Not sure where the wood is from (it's not the Ha Tinh) - ah wait, I got it - Binh phuoc
I had some Tien Phuoc from someone ages ago, think I still have some tiny amount left and omg, it had beautiful kinamic notes.

Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict
I'm on day three now of the Kangiiten White Shin-Kyara powder. This morning I've gone straight to a high temp and Bam! It's pumping out a good strong oud vapour. I'm now also getting very strong vanilla as the main note which a hard edge of mintiness immediately afterwards. You could scent a room with this very nicely.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
I have a very high quality bottle of Omani Sacra (Frankincense) essential oil, I have a diffuser too, but wanted to try the technique out with a wax type candle heater in my living room that I have had for a while, so went to the store and got some better candles for it, and picked up some Rosewood wax melts to see what rosewood really is like without paying too much and just get a sense for it, which I will burn later on tonight or maybe tomorrow. Right now this is some water mixed with a small amount of olive oil and has A LOT of frankincense in it and quite a bit of Pinon oil that @Goodness Nose gave to me, since I do not see me wearing that type of fragrance on my skin, and the pinon gives the frankincense more of a minty, kinda floral, and more of a citrusy vibe that it already has. This is scenting the whole room with amazing fragrance, and the pinon is really showing its minty self as it is developing in the bowl, it is really a nice invigorating scent that is kinda taking over the frankincense but they do play around with each other. Quite fascinating experiment, may I say so myself. I really love the pinon in this way, rather than skin, I will definitely get some more of that to use on its own without frankincense and ofc try and get a good ratio with it if I can get a big amount of @Goodness Nose 's Pinon oil, like 5-10ml. EDIT: I also put a few drops of Sri Lankan Sandalwood in it as well, then the all scent disappeared for some reason, so I added more frankincense E.O and it brought it back to life, but now I can smell the Sri Lankan (Steel distilled) sandalwood, just a subtle hint but there, with the frankincense kind of at the base. This was an interesting thing to do, I may do this with just sandalwood oil without any other additions in the future. EDIT 2: Couple mins later, it made a huge bubbling noise lol, the sandalwood is now quite potent, even though it was like 2 maybe 3-4 drops? But ofc sandal is more viscous than Frankincense oil and pinon, so I think the sandalwood oil is now acting like a base aroma kinda like what you would get in an attar or something, or perfume and all the other oils are evaporated and now the sandal is coming out more.

Update: Added some Sri Lankan Sandalwood (Copper distilled) that I have 6ml of and it is a very nice Sandalwood, I just took the dip stick out and let it pour slowly and it was just a small amount (some would say rather large but hardly anything was taken out of the bottle and I rarely use this sandal on my skin, only rare times and its 6g and quite viscous so plenty of it), and now its turned the room into a frankincense, pinon-ish, sandalwood blended fragrant room haha.

Ahh that was fun. All the frankincense is pretty much evaporated and there may only be a tiny amount of citrus coming out, the pinon may be slightly there though, but the sandalwood has taken over and this particular one that I poured some in, is quite floral. Lovely.

Last edited:

-Renton-

True Ouddict
UPDATE: The oil is also pretty much evaporated (water was gone a while ago) so I put some super small sinensis chips on top of the heater and I was like wait, I have like 3-4 bags of different types of agarwoods that are either splinters or just straight dust (not as fine as powder) and I put that on it as the sandalwood is still there but nearly fading. It is still quite strong though but since putting the woods and wood dusts on the olive oil that the sandal oil was based on, suck all the oil up lol and now it has a strong butteriness scent in the room that is slowly weaning, and a mild to moderate creamy scent with an aloeswood scent to it, as if it is a incense stick with sandal and aloes. This was the first experiment I have done while in this hobby.

The aloeswood scent is all mixed from different woods. Haha.

Goodness Nose

True Ouddict
I have a very high quality bottle of Omani Sacra (Frankincense) essential oil, I have a diffuser too, but wanted to try the technique out with a wax type candle heater in my living room that I have had for a while, so went to the store and got some better candles for it, and picked up some Rosewood wax melts to see what rosewood really is like without paying too much and just get a sense for it, which I will burn later on tonight or maybe tomorrow. Right now this is some water mixed with a small amount of olive oil and has A LOT of frankincense in it and quite a bit of Pinon oil that @Goodness Nose gave to me, since I do not see me wearing that type of fragrance on my skin, and the pinon gives the frankincense more of a minty, kinda floral, and more of a citrusy vibe that it already has. This is scenting the whole room with amazing fragrance, and the pinon is really showing its minty self as it is developing in the bowl, it is really a nice invigorating scent that is kinda taking over the frankincense but they do play around with each other. Quite fascinating experiment, may I say so myself. I really love the pinon in this way, rather than skin, I will definitely get some more of that to use on its own without frankincense and ofc try and get a good ratio with it if I can get a big amount of @Goodness Nose 's Pinon oil, like 5-10ml. EDIT: I also put a few drops of Sri Lankan Sandalwood in it as well, then the all scent disappeared for some reason, so I added more frankincense E.O and it brought it back to life, but now I can smell the Sri Lankan (Steel distilled) sandalwood, just a subtle hint but there, with the frankincense kind of at the base. This was an interesting thing to do, I may do this with just sandalwood oil without any other additions in the future. EDIT 2: Couple mins later, it made a huge bubbling noise lol, the sandalwood is now quite potent, even though it was like 2 maybe 3-4 drops? But ofc sandal is more viscous than Frankincense oil and pinon, so I think the sandalwood oil is now acting like a base aroma kinda like what you would get in an attar or something, or perfume and all the other oils are evaporated and now the sandal is coming out more.

Update: Added some Sri Lankan Sandalwood (Copper distilled) that I have 6ml of and it is a very nice Sandalwood, I just took the dip stick out and let it pour slowly and it was just a small amount (some would say rather large but hardly anything was taken out of the bottle and I rarely use this sandal on my skin, only rare times and its 6g and quite viscous so plenty of it), and now its turned the room into a frankincense, pinon-ish, sandalwood blended fragrant room haha.

Ahh that was fun. All the frankincense is pretty much evaporated and there may only be a tiny amount of citrus coming out, the pinon may be slightly there though, but the sandalwood has taken over and this particular one that I poured some in, is quite floral. Lovely.

I love dripping piñon oil on my sub 😋

glad you're enjoying it!

-Renton-

True Ouddict
HabzOud's Sri Lankan, Sinking, Walla Patta - Extremely antique style woodiness, with intense jungle notes, bitter, then sweet, then bitter and sweet mostly sweet, fruits and florals, tropical fruits at intense levels in the video of this comment with leather, chocolate, creaminess, super florals at the end, I let the chip burn until the very last piece of oil and resin was squeezed out, well mostly. The jungle notes can be darker and bitter depending on chip, each note can be slightly different but in a massive way, in a sense. Wild wood and sinking. Lovely Gryinops Walla.

Around 3-4 chips burned.

Then I burned some Pinon wood that @Goodness Nose gave me, and that was a weird experience lol, nothing like the essential oil.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Filipino wood from Kangiiten.

Hit and miss with these chips, I am thinking they are actually different species of Filipino wood in the same jar, since they all have extremely different notes, some quite radical, or maybe that is just the way bead scrap wild wood is? Anyway, I am also going to chop them up further as big thick chunky squares that I thought would be okay with some coal and a mica, seems not to burn evenly to the other side etc. So I will cut them as flat as I can, and if it turns some tiny pieces into super tiny pieces, then so be it, I know they wont be as tiny as some of the purple Kynam chips I have from Kangiiten that I've had for ages (they are so small you NEED tweezers, which I have).

Notes overall from all the pieces I burned, nothing specific: Very, very foresty woodiness, medicinal mintiness, super sweet, bitter, bitter sweet, salty, balsamic (like vinegar), dark chocolate notes, soft "clean" woody notes, SUPER herbaceous notes as if you are in a persons garden with fresh cut grass (kinda like vetiver), hedges, summer smell of a garden but no florals, super greenery and minty, creaminess, vanillic etc.

Mostly liked the notes, but they can change so drastically per chip and some were too off putting like super smoky notes.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
This is still going strong!

-Renton-

True Ouddict
*Cut chips attached to this post*

Kangiiten's Filipino wood... I absolutely love this wood now, it was a bit funky when it was in bigger pieces and sizes like big square blocks that were SUPER dense, and the aroma as just very weird, its funny how cutting it into smaller sizes and making them more flat and less dense at weights of 0.1-0.25g and under can make the aroma so much better, and I made this wood as flat as I could, would give out aroma for at least 15-20 mins, and I only used 3 chips and the last chip was singing for around 30 mins then started to fade away, but the notes that came out at the end were really cool.

This is how I set up lol. I sit on my bed with 1 plate underneath another plate (so that the bed doesnt burn because of the coal), it used to be a bowl I would use then a plate, but I think this is way better to get the best aroma (not joking here, sounds weird but it is true, and you get more aroma too).

Notes I got with 3 chips today were, either very woody with a forest, oak moss, camphor medicinal vibe, with some chocolate and sweet, sour and bitter, or gently woody with creamy notes, very sweet, sweet and sour, very earthy, dark chocolate notes, creamy (more milk) chocolate notes, dirty earthy chocolate, when I pushed a chip to its limits (the last one) it started giving me vanillic creamy earthy but milk and dark chocolate mixed, some fruity notes, some fleeting florals (I think anyway), ice cream and woodiness was always kinda in there somewhere during these chips I used, sometimes just very quiet, but when I did push the last one to its limits it would go back to woody, foresty, dark, earthy chocolate again. Very sweet agarwood but can also be bitter, salty and sour.

Overall, I love this wood now. It just needs to be cut properly.

Attachments

• Filipino Chip 3.PNG
    Filipino Chip 3.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Filipino chip 2.PNG
    Filipino chip 2.PNG
    747.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Filipino chip.PNG
    Filipino chip.PNG
    117.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Kangitten Filipino chip.PNG
    Kangitten Filipino chip.PNG