AZsmell

True Ouddict
Well well well... he says he never reads Ouddict, but lo and behold as soon as Encens Royale is offered for sale on here, a discounted release ensues to specifically undercut the resale market. Not a nice way to treat those who spent $790 on a bottle with the assurance that it would be worth multiple amounts in the future, but then at least he's consistent with this behaviour - some investment when released at $550 for 3g. He did have the "decency" to acknowledge the previous private price of $790 though.

Good news is that:
1. You can now read about Encens Royale from the man himself - https://ensaroud.com/product/encens-royale-1985/717

I used to give him the benefit of the doubt but not anymore. I have seen way too many instances of behavior like this. Too many stories from other customers and vendors of his poor behavior. The sad part is he will continue this as long as people keep buying from him. I don't care how good his oils are, I just don't find any blessing in them. I used to regret selling the classic Oriscent oils I used to have. I don't have that regret anymore. My only regret is ever giving him any of my money.

kooolaid79

Well well well... he says he never reads Ouddict, but lo and behold as soon as Encens Royale is offered for sale on here, a discounted release ensues to specifically undercut the resale market. Not a nice way to treat those who spent $790 on a bottle with the assurance that it would be worth multiple amounts in the future, but then at least he's consistent with this behaviour - some investment when released at $550 for 3g. He did have the "decency" to acknowledge the previous private price of $790 though.

Good news is that:
1. You can now read about Encens Royale from the man himself - https://ensaroud.com/product/encens-royale-1985/717

I am truly disturbed by this behavior of his. This is totally uncalled for and unacceptable.
The whole making oud an investment was such a marketing gimmick that threw many many people off including myself.
Another big issue is the whole final bottle sold market technique. People rushed into buying his oils thinking supply was running low and what they will be getting will never be released again because it is truly once and for all finished. However come to think of it many many oils were re released after a few weeks/months. (This is also another market gimmick) and to top it off he mentions, that it was better than the previous release.
Dear respected Oud members: the oils are not sold out or gone forever. At the right time they will be rereleased. Don’t feel bad because it will come back. You don’t own a piece of history because it ain’t ancient history yet.
Look at the current example where a oil was listed for a decant and Lo and behold a whole bottle was released of the same product minus $240 off?
I have personally read where he says that, he doesn’t come on this website. I am sorry many of us weren’t born yesterday. If he doesn’t come here and check how would he be releasing a oil every week or every other week.
There is much more to say but I will stop here. Open your eyes people before you regret but will be thrown aside like a piece of trash.

Last edited:

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Thanks for the "controversial" comments. There are some for whom Ensar can do no wrong... until they realise they've been had. I just want to sell my Oriscent and Ensar Oud oils, pay off my debt to this guy who basically lied through his teeth in order to sell to me. I would much rather enjoy Ouds from vendors like @RisingPhoenix, @Habz786 and others who operate honest businesses and do not have the morals of a sewer rat. Incidentally, I might bump into Ensar this weekend, so we may have a man to man chat about all this in person.

Anyway, back to the oils! Regardless of the man, the oils are generally good. Just because I cannot bear to wear them any longer doesn't mean others have to. He came runner-up in in the 2017 Oud of the Year vote with his Tigerwood 95 - I voted for it myself. So much for this being an anti-Ensar forum. Fair is fair, if the oils are great and the guy not so much, then thats just the way it is... :rolleyes:

Ouddict

Sometime I wonder when he faces god, Is he gonna lie there as well or manipulate his story.

"That Day shall We set a seal on their mouths. But their hands will speak to us, and their feet bear witness, to all that they did."

Arsalan

True Ouddict
Come on guys, let the past be the past...things change, stuff happens...although I’m relatively new, but seems like having more artisanal vendors, and greater supply to Ouddicts has made oud oils go from being an “investment” to a commodity...
As for the particular oil in question, I started a thread on the “other” forum asking for a comparison with it’s sister distillation oil on September 23, although there was not much posted on the thread, I did have some PM conversation regarding the comparison...and here we are today it was listed for sale at a discounted price...which is great for the new ouddicts who were not around to participate in the previous “private sale”....
Anyway...MOCA guys! Look to the future...let go of the negativity....we are all here for the OUD...

Ouddict

Come on guys, let the past be the past...things change, stuff happens...although I’m relatively new, but seems like having more artisanal vendors, and greater supply to Ouddicts has made oud oils go from being an “investment” to a commodity...
As for the particular oil in question, I started a thread on the “other” forum asking for a comparison with it’s sister distillation oil on September 23, although there was not much posted on the thread, I did have some PM conversation regarding the comparison...and here we are today it was listed for sale at a discounted price...which is great for the new ouddicts who were not around to participate in the previous “private sale”....
Anyway...MOCA guys! Look to the future...let go of the negativity....we are all here for the OUD...

#MOCA is the way forward! :Roflmao: :thumbsup:

It's true that people do moan about him, but without smoke there is no fire. Bottom line is enjoy the Oud, but don't dismiss the concerns of your fellow Ouddicts who have been burned severely. They also have the right to air their concerns, just as you have the right to make your valid point - and it is valid. The whole circus is tiring :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

AZsmell

True Ouddict

The problem is this isn't the past. I thought maybe he had changed and bought some samples and bottles from him earlier this year. Then I see the same behaviors of deceptive marketing, bashing competitors, and makes narcissistic statements like everyone selling oud and sandalwood is copying him. Also stating that no one else uses real musk except him. I bought my first oud from him probably around 9 years ago. You might think many of us on the forum are against him. The truth is most of us were his loyal customers at one point.
This is pathological behavior that persists, not something in the past.

hassam mac

True Ouddict
With all due respect,to all brother better talk on face or in person or brother ensar is on instagram too (O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.)quran 49:12

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

Ouddict

True which is why I’m going to see him in person on the weekend. But this is not backbiting as per the Shariah definition when one is warning others about an issue. It’s public knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rai Munir

Musk Man
When marketing is endorsed by us, there is no end. This is one of the marketing moves to reduce the price when a competitor is there. I still remember when it was discussed that buying more bottles is like bequeathing a gold mine to one's successors. And bottles were sold to the near and dear ones. No doubt, it was we, some members, who were responsible for all. Just recall 2017, and none else but the members were who pampered Mr. Ensar's ego, if he has some ego that I doubt. At that time, all other vendors were more than plebs, and we carved EO as an 'Idol'. What we sowed, that we reaped. Only EO was propagated by us, and a little bit room was for AA, and then poor FO. ASO and IO had been fully crushed and bashed as well. We were there. We oriented EO's behaviour.

EO's oils are the same today, quality is the same, marketing is the same. And all are beautiful. If I find IO uses ill words for any member, IO will be non-existent for me. If IO does something wrong with others and I remain silent, and when the same thing happens to me, then I realize the pain; it means this pain is caused by I myself. When someone else is made history, and I stay silent, a day would come when I will definitely be made history. And it happened actually.

EO's oils are spectacular. No doubt. EO leads the market. This is a reality. And we, the members, are the creator of this reality.

Last edited:

Joe King

AttitOud
When marketing is endorsed by us, there is no end. This is one of the marketing moves to reduce the price when a competitor is there. I still remember when it was discussed that buying more bottles is like bequeathing a gold mine to one's successors. And bottles were sold to the near and dear ones. No doubt, it was we, some members, who were responsible for all. Just recall 2017, and none else but the members were who pampered Mr. Ensar's ego, if he has some ego that I doubt. At that time, all other vendors were more than plebs, and we carved EO as an 'Idol'. What we sowed, that we reaped. Only EO was propagated by us, and a little bit room was for AA, and then poor FO. ASO and IO had been fully crushed and bashed as well. We were there. We oriented EO's behaviour.

EO's oils are the same today, quality is the same, marketing is the same. And all are beautiful. If I find IO uses ill words for any member, IO will be non-existent for me. If IO does something wrong with others and I remain silent, and when the same thing happens to me, then I realize the pain; it means this pain is caused by I myself. When someone else is made history, and I stay silent, a day would come when I will definitely be made history. And it happened actually.

EO's oils are spectacular. No doubt. EO leads the market. This is a reality. And we, the members, are the creator of this reality.
Fine words:bowing:. We are the enablers of this person with questionable morals. I have purchased the last time from ensar.

Philip

Oud Fan
How different would you say the overall profile is?
Well, every one has stated, even Ensar, that the profile is similar. I believe even the word "brother" was used to describe the two. That's why I mentioned nuances. When it comes to OR85, I get playful suspicions of a Malaysian profile in the opening. I also find it on the sweeter side just sniffing the bottle caps. I find Encens Royale to be drier with a core oudiness from top to bottom. Ensar mentions heavier incense; will reapply to study this facet :)