Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
‘Papua New Guinea- Rare Nuggets and Tiger Tooth'
1615562536730.png

"Oudh from this region is very rare and when it is eventually found it is not very appealing as they are usually recovered incorrectly from the bottom of lakes. These wonderful nuggets from Papua New Guinea were not from bottom of lakes but were sourced from the possession of tribesmen. It is interesting to note New Guinea tribesmen do not generally have an Oudh culture so possessing these amazing nuggets is a mystery; but one thing you don’t do in PNG is ask too many questions"

WATCH HERE

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
‘Papua New Guinea- Rare Nuggets and Tiger Tooth'
View attachment 16914
"Oudh from this region is very rare and when it is eventually found it is not very appealing as they are usually recovered incorrectly from the bottom of lakes. These wonderful nuggets from Papua New Guinea were not from bottom of lakes but were sourced from the possession of tribesmen. It is interesting to note New Guinea tribesmen do not generally have an Oudh culture so possessing these amazing nuggets is a mystery; but one thing you don’t do in PNG is ask too many questions"

WATCH HERE
The tribesmen part is interesting. I wonder if someone was out collecting wood and grabbed a whole bundle of sticks and realized they struck gold when they threw it on the fire? Realizing the beautiful smell when burned means they probably valued it to some extent hence offering it up as something of value to people outside their tribe. Who knows but I’m intrigued with this story!

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
The tribesmen part is interesting. I wonder if someone was out collecting wood and grabbed a whole bundle of sticks and realized they struck gold when they threw it on the fire? Realizing the beautiful smell when burned means they probably valued it to some extent hence offering it up as something of value to people outside their tribe. Who knows but I’m intrigued with this story!

I wondered the same, because the tribes do interact with those from across the border. On the Indonesian side for sure certain tribes definitely know about oudh. They know that it is a resource sought after in the "outside world". I wonder if through those interactions certain tribesmen in PNG have also started to keep an eye out.

I like your idea of them having thrown in the fire and thought wow this smells amazing and then held onto it.