Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
Work for TELE Com company , " Fix my internet!!" or Truck hits a Telephone pole & takes out All services in the City , People with no Internet go crazy , worst than Drugs ,
I am a Perfumer also , been making Perfumes for around 15 years of experimentation and help from different people when I need help . InshaAllah hoping for early retirement so I can move back home to Tend Agarwood trees and help the poor and homeless , lots of poor people in Bangladesh ,

Youssef

Oud Fan
Hey guys, so sorry I haven't been on lately, but school is finally out for the winter!

Right now I'm a sophomore in high school (2nd year of secondary school) and am ramping up on college admissions. I decided that it would be great to shadow someone in the field that I'd like to enter (business consulting) and get work experience and something positive to put on my application, but I'm unsure how to approach someone on LinkedIn. I've already connected with a recruiter for Mckinsey, but I don't know how I could ultimately shadow him, or if I could even be allowed intern at their location. Do you guys have any advice? So sorry, I don't know many professionals that I could turn to for advice so I thought that maybe I could ask here.

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
Hey guys, so sorry I haven't been on lately, but school is finally out for the winter!

Right now I'm a sophomore in high school (2nd year of secondary school) and am ramping up on college admissions. I decided that it would be great to shadow someone in the field that I'd like to enter (business consulting) and get work experience and something positive to put on my application, but I'm unsure how to approach someone on LinkedIn. I've already connected with a recruiter for Mckinsey, but I don't know how I could ultimately shadow him, or if I could even be allowed intern at their location. Do you guys have any advice? So sorry, I don't know many professionals that I could turn to for advice so I thought that maybe I could ask here.

Salamulikum @Youssef , its been a minute I did not talk to you brother. Hope everything is wonderful with grace of Allah SWT ,
Your inspiration to start your career path early is fantastic. Shadowing is awesome in any line of work, seeing in real time how a person works and helping to solve problems or anything else , what ever it may be. Doing some charity work for example Salvation Army or Homeless Soup kitchen and by putting that in your resume helps out dramatically to get a foot in the door . Any Organization seeing that this person is willing to help the needy shows that he is an excellent candidate to be a leader and perfect role model for the company .

Approaching company for internship is interesting , Example , If a Person wants t0 be a Cop , Before enrolling in Police Academy he does a Shadow Roll with the Police Officer in the car , and at the End the Person comes to the decision " I can't be a Police officer , It's a Dangerous Line of Work "

Another Example from Real life Story : My cousin was looking for work and reached out to MoneyGram saying his expertise in Customer Service and Banking , He asked them if He can intern for couple of weeks for free , to learn the Money transfer trade , They took him on board and 1 month later they hired him because he was willing to learn and Implement skills he learned right away

hence when reaching out to companies always to some research to see what they are about , the founder of the company and his or her success , seeing where you may fit in and what you can bring for them , Example , Passion to learn and bring change , willing to go over the call of duty to help customers . These are certain responses you can tell Human Resources during an interview and I can Imagine you saying something amazing to leave an lasting impression . & If company ask "Where do you see your self in 5 Years if we hire you?" My Response "Being a Project Manger and taking care of Multiple Projects for your company and making it successful" or any other response regarding working for the company and being A manager , Etc

One more thing , on your resume at the End write what is your hobby , Reason : I put Fishing as my Hobby , HR was interviewing me and the Person ( Andre Good friend now ) seen my hobby is fishing , Andre Asked " Ismail I see your a fisherman , I love to fish ,what's your favorite fish ?"
I responded " American Shad" , Andre replied "Hmmm I never heard that Fish before , Ismail please tell me more about this Fish " The whole one hour interview we were talking about American Shad, at the End Andre said" Ismail I am going to hire you on one Condition , you have to take me Shad Fishing" and I replied " It's a Date " , lol , and I am still working there until early retirement.

Please forgive me if I was writing a Tom Clancy novel , My Bad , reach out to me bros , I am always here for you, and tell me how you like the other Oils Aki , Take care brother and we shall speak Again InshaAllah . Salamulikum

Last edited:

okonos

Oud Beginner
Hi all. I run an NGO promoting and implementing humane education and alternatives to animal experiments. I'm working on a film now and am starting research for a new book. I'm also really into taste and scent. As well as an interest in ouds, I want to explore blending for natural perfumery more than I do currently. I am learning about and blending essential oils for my new interest in medical aromatherapy. And I have a very occasional vegan, non-alcoholic, artisan drinks bar, which is really just an expression of my eclectic kitchen. I spent a lot of time in the past doing peaceful but radical direct action for human rights and environmental justice, but my approach now is more achieving change through collaboration. I also have interests in permaculture and psychosynthesis, and want to get back into Vipassana meditation. That's me!