Arsalan

True Ouddict
Well, seems like Encens Royale 1985 is no longer a “private release” and has been made available on the EO site.
From old posts about these oils, it seems like they are very similar and even the same region, same year.
The listing on EO states: “Encens Royale 1985 is Oud Royale 1985’s brother, distilled from the same centennial Sumatran mother trees.”

Question is for those who have both, how different are they?

Arsalan

True Ouddict
Some discussion already taken place in another thread:

In regards to the oils in question ER85 and OR85 to me they smelly pretty much exactly the same....
At first, my newbie nose did have a tough time discerning one from the other. Repeated exposure, however, gave way to nuances that I appreciate :Thumbsup:
Well, every one has stated, even Ensar, that the profile is similar. I believe even the word "brother" was used to describe the two. That's why I mentioned nuances. When it comes to OR85, I get playful suspicions of a Malaysian profile in the opening. I also find it on the sweeter side just sniffing the bottle caps. I find Encens Royale to be drier with a core oudiness from top to bottom. Ensar mentions heavier incense; will reapply to study this facet :)