Abdul samad al qurashi Store , in Mecca .

Taif rose Best quality.


[Ouddict.com] Rose Pricing
 
Last edited:
Where is this?

Agros, Cyprus

What!!! That much price!!!
40 to 60 rupee/ kg fresh blooms. ( 1 dollar = 151 rupees)

Different worlds Rai...

Abdul samad al qurashi Store , in Mecca .
Taif rose Best quality.

So 700$/tola?


I have also recently had time with two of the rose oils mentioned in this thread.

Turkish Rose - Ulugbek

Congealing is good, crystallization is good, no qualms about purity.
The opening has a citrus ping, but balanced with a darker green tone and the woodiness of delicate live twigs. There is also a hint of the metallic that fades rather quickly, and though I don't relate to the sweaty rose note others mention, I suppose I could force myself to find it in the opening couple of minutes. It transitions nicely into a deep purple fleshy rose, with a balanced earthy undertone. There is a touch of spice at the tail end of the fragrance, but for the most part it rides on that lovely deep purple rose.
I'd say it lacks the bright zing of what is expected of a great otto, and it also lacks in intensity and persistence. I often say I'm not the biggest fan of the big citrus opening of an otto, so I like the more tempered opening here, but I do miss the intensity.
Inexpensive, but satisfying.


Nangarhar Rose - ASO

A big bright and intense opening, the kind that smacks you in the face. The citrus is sharp lime, the metallic vein that of razor steel, and the aroma throw is very much like a citronella burst. I'd guess this oil has a high citronellol content. As the citrussy tone settles a little, a green facet emerges, a lighter leafy or grassy feel, still bright. Almost an hour in, the scent reaches a perfect balance, providing a very photorealistic Damask rose; this is the fresh scent of morning rose, still dew-kissed, pink and honey tinged, maintaining its sparkle with citrus overtones. Next, there is a light brush of woodiness, almost of a lightly varnished wood. Finally, a peppery spiciness comes through, accompanying the pink rose and eventually overpowering the honey sweetness in the drydown. This is a strong and persistent rose.
Expensive, but excellent.


They perhaps read like very different scents, and in a way they are, you wouldn't mistake one for the other, but obviously they are both ottos, and there is definite aromatic overlap.
 
Turkish Rose - Ulugbek

Congealing is good, crystallization is good, no qualms about purity.
The opening has a citrus ping, but balanced with a darker green tone and the woodiness of delicate live twigs. There is also a hint of the metallic that fades rather quickly, and though I don't relate to the sweaty rose note others mention, I suppose I could force myself to find it in the opening couple of minutes. It transitions nicely into a deep purple fleshy rose, with a balanced earthy undertone. There is a touch of spice at the tail end of the fragrance, but for the most part it rides on that lovely deep purple rose.
I'd say it lacks the bright zing of what is expected of a great otto, and it also lacks in intensity and persistence. I often say I'm not the biggest fan of the big citrus opening of an otto, so I like the more tempered opening here, but I do miss the intensity.
Inexpensive, but satisfying.


Nangarhar Rose - ASO

A big bright and intense opening, the kind that smacks you in the face. The citrus is sharp lime, the metallic vein that of razor steel, and the aroma throw is very much like a citronella burst. I'd guess this oil has a high citronellol content. As the citrussy tone settles a little, a green facet emerges, a lighter leafy or grassy feel, still bright. Almost an hour in, the scent reaches a perfect balance, providing a very photorealistic Damask rose; this is the fresh scent of morning rose, still dew-kissed, pink and honey tinged, maintaining its sparkle with citrus overtones. Next, there is a light brush of woodiness, almost of a lightly varnished wood. Finally, a peppery spiciness comes through, accompanying the pink rose and eventually overpowering the honey sweetness in the drydown. This is a strong and persistent rose.
Expensive, but excellent.


They perhaps read like very different scents, and in a way they are, you wouldn't mistake one for the other, but obviously they are both ottos, and there is definite aromatic overlap.
You made me smell the both through words. Hope I will receive my package someday:Cry:.

The green and underlined sentences attracted me a lot.

Price and scent: Do you think the difference between the scents is directly proportional to the difference in prices?
 
What!!! That much price!!!

Next two months, June and July, is peak season. Extremely fragrant Rose will be everywhere. 40 to 60 rupee/ kg fresh blooms. ( 1 dollar = 151 rupees)

Next month I will prepare Rose Wax to make incense cones and incense balls.

Dear brother Munir .. Would be simply awesome to have a resident Ouddict distilling pure Pak rose oil.. The blooms do have an intoxicating smell but what type grows there exactly? The cost of blooms is insignificant compared to other places. Unless you can get an artisan with experience distilling roses to show you the ropes might have to resort to youtube and DIY vids : )
 
Dear Hamza, I am collecting necessary equipment, and trying to learn how to distill. Raw material is no problem here. Even Indian Sandal is no issue at all. Look, I have used the word Indian Sandal. Otherwise, East Indian Sandal is generally sold as Mysore Sandal.

I need guidance. Let's see. If no guidance, of course, I will learn on my own, but it will be a long and hectic process.

Rose distilled in Sandal is good but Rosy Rose is better .. Plus there's the hydrosol : )
 
Last edited:
Is there ever a world in which 2.5 grams of Taif rose should cost over $500?
It shouldn't. If you ever find Taif rose to be expensive you can get Isparta rose for a third of the price of taif rose and to my nose they smell very similar. I buy rose oil from small vendors in Saudi Arabia. The typical pricing for 3gr taif rose is around 90$ for fresh distillation and around 60$ for a year old one. For 3gr Isparta rose it is 60$ for copper distillation and 30$ for steel.
 
Top