We will start off with Ouddict members will have the chance to shortlist Oud oils from Ouddict Resident Artisans only that have been on sale at any time in 2023. The format is as follows:

1. There will be two categories. Wild and Organic. An Oud of the Year will be voted separately for each category in parallel.

2. The search for the Oud of the Year starts with a nomination by members, a 1st Round poll and Final Round poll. Nominations start now and remain open for ten days until the 27th December.

3. A member may only vote if they have bought the Oud or sampled it. We will be making checks to enforce this.

4. A maximum of up to 5 items for each category can be nominated for inclusion by members for inclusion in the Final Round poll. You do not have to nominate 5 items per category, but you cannot nominate more than 5 per category. This is to keep the exercise manageable and prevent “spamming”.

5. A Final Round will be created from the nomination results and a vote held from the 27th December to the 5th January.

7. The Oud of the Year will be announced on 6th January, 2024.

8. Any member who does not follow these rules will be barred from any further involvement in the Oud of the Year 2022 and 2023 vote. No exceptions. No excuses.

Note for Vendors and Vendor Associates

1. You can take part in the Oud of the Year
2. You cannot nominate your own products.


Please nominate the oud oils in the following manner:

We will start off with Ouddict members will have the chance to shortlist Oud oils from Ouddict Resident Artisans only that have been on sale at any time in 2023. The format is as follows:

1. There will be two categories. Wild and Organic. An Oud of the Year will be voted separately for each category in parallel.

2. The search for the Oud of the Year starts with a nomination by members, a 1st Round poll and Final Round poll. Nominations start now and remain open for ten days until the 27th December.

3. A member may only vote if they have bought the Oud or sampled it. We will be making checks to enforce this.

4. A maximum of up to 5 items for each category can be nominated for inclusion by members for inclusion in the Final Round poll. You do not have to nominate 5 items per category, but you cannot nominate more than 5 per category. This is to keep the exercise manageable and prevent “spamming”.

5. A Final Round will be created from the nomination results and a vote held from the 27th December to the 5th January.

7. The Oud of the Year will be announced on 6th January, 2024.

8. Any member who does not follow these rules will be barred from any further involvement in the Oud of the Year 2022 and 2023 vote. No exceptions. No excuses.

Note for Vendors and Vendor Associates

1. You can take part in the Oud of the Year
2. You cannot nominate your own products.


Please nominate the oud oils in the following manner:

NoWild Oud / VendorOrganic Oud/ VendorNatural Attar (oil) / VendorNatural Perfume (EDP) / Vendor
1
2
3
4
5
NoWild Oud / VendorOrganic Oud/ VendorNatural Attar (oil) / VendorNatural Perfume (EDP) / Vendor
1ASO
Siam
ASO
Leen
ASO
Al-GhaliyahII
2RBO Bengali Agarwood Sandalwood
3ASO Khalouq
4ASO JUMAANA
5
 
NoWild Oud / VendorOrganic Oud/ VendorNatural Attar (oil) / VendorNatural Perfume (EDP) / Vendor
1Lao Gold - AlHindOudCK Huaisheng - mesOudFareed - mesOud
2Sultan Al Akhdar - HabzOudBandarban - Sulaym
Jasmine Malaccensis - An Najwa
3Malay Supreme - Sulaym Koh Chang - mesOudSultan's Shamama - Sulaym
4Assam Artisan - SulaymPrachin Koh - Al Hashimi
Sandalmints - OleFaktory
5Oud Rusa - HabzOud
 
I have to be fair and say that I only tried mesOud products this year.


NoWild Oud / VendorOrganic Oud/ VendorNatural Attar (oil) / VendorNatural Perfume (EDP) / Vendor
1Tarakan qadeem-
mesOud
Cambodi qadeem-
mesOud
Fareed -

mesOud
2MeraukeOud-

mesOud

​

Pursat gold-
mesOud
Deep Black -
mesOud
3Meleka Oud -MalaysianPremium

mesOud
Chypre Oud-
mesOud
4

​

Ayasofya-
mesOud
5
 
Last edited:
Here is mine. It is a bit late, but I hope it can stay in case someone is interested in one of these.

NoWild Oud / VendorOrganic Oud/ VendorNatural Attar (oil) / VendorNatural Perfume (EDP) / Vendor
1Tarakan Qadeem -
mesOud
(credits to Mr.P for finding this one, it does not break the bank and it smells very 'qadeem'/mature)
Kangiiten - Organic oils ( Three different organic crassnas? came out on Kangiiten at the end of November '23. I tried 2 of those and found they had standard profiles. I found one very nice, suprisingly clean, and super affordable. That was Kumariratana. From memory, it is similar to the Basic Trat from Hikayat Fragrances which was discussed here a few years back)Jumaana - ASO
(This one is for the lovers of jasmine, or even those who are just ok with it. 'The white flower' is an apt name chosen by Al Shareef as it really smells white for some who describe smells in colours)
Jinkoh Fushigi - KyaraZen, ( This perfume also came out in Nov '23. I wore it once so far and the opening was delicious. KyaraZen's new perfumes are sold in 10ml bottles, which is a nice touch. I also don't think I'd commit to a larger quantity as ~40USD/10ml quickly gets pricy in 50/100ml bottles. All in all, KyaraZen has had multiple hits over the years, in different categories, and he has a "good" nose for those who want to learn about him)
2Savera - Pintanna Oud
(I'm still waiting to
get this one, but it was already checked by a good nose. I'll try to update the page when I receive it though)

​

3Altaws - Habzoud ( a classic Habzoud's cambodi, other people liked it and
commented when I wore this)
4

​

5
 
Last edited:
A vendor that is not in the list above, but that I would also like to nominate is Yusa Aromatics. I have received two samples of Cambodi oils from them and found them to be wonderful.
 
Here is mine. It is a bit late, but I hope it can stay in case someone is interested in one of these.

NoWild Oud / VendorOrganic Oud/ VendorNatural Attar (oil) / VendorNatural Perfume (EDP) / Vendor
1Tarakan Qadeem -
mesOud
(credits to Mr.P for finding this one, it does not break the bank and it smells very 'qadeem'/mature)
Kangiiten - Organic oils ( Three different organic crassnas? came out on Kangiiten at the end of November '23. I tried 2 of those and found they had standard profiles. I found one very nice, suprisingly clean, and super affordable. That was Kumariratana. From memory, it is similar to the Basic Trat from Hikayat Fragrances which was discussed here a few years back)Jumaana - ASO
(This one is for the lovers of jasmine, or even those who are just ok with it. 'The white flower' is an apt name chosen by Al Shareef as it really smells white for some who describe smells in colours)
Jinkoh Fushigi - KyaraZen, ( This perfume also came out in Nov '23. I wore it once so far and the opening was delicious. KyaraZen's new perfumes are sold in 10ml bottles, which is a nice touch. I also don't think I'd commit to a larger quantity as ~40USD/10ml quickly gets pricy in 50/100ml bottles. All in all, KyaraZen has had multiple hits over the years, in different categories, and he has a "good" nose for those who want to learn about him)
2Savera - Pintanna Oud
(I'm still waiting to
get this one, but it was already checked by a good nose. I'll try to update the page when I receive it though)

​

3Altaws - Habzoud ( a classic Habzoud's cambodi, other people liked it and
commented when I wore this)
4

​

5
your entries need to be forum vendors btw 🙂
I will have to consider my entries, hopefully I am not too late either. I haven't checked the forum in almost 3 weeks
 
Right, thank you everyone for voting! We will start off the final round tomorrow.
 
Back
Top