Moon

Oud Beginner
Hey Ouddict family and friends, I really love reading about everyone's experience with the new incense, oils and perfumes from artisan’s limited drops, especially KZ (Kangitten) and Ken from Craft Incense.

Many of us are only able to get a few from each drop. It has been so helpful and informative to hear everyone’s opinions on their new acquisitions to see what we might be missing. It's also helpful to hear which ones people don't like and why.

Starting this thread to invite anyone who tries out some of what Ken drops at each month at https://craft-incense.com to chime in with what they think of of their new scores.

Ken drops again in a few hours and posted a sneak peek of what the lineup will be this month. Many of these are new versions of ones that I have purchased from him in the past, but with fresh ingredients and updated recipes. These ones are all bangers!

The Redolence is an absolute classic and the Dovetail and I are awesome aloes sticks. One of my all-time favorites is the Ocean's Gold with oud and ambergris. In one of the packages of Ocean's gold I have in my collection, the ambergris started blooming on the outside of the agarwood stick over time. Pretty wild.

Happy listening. I look forward to seeing what you all have to share.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Yi-xin Craft Incense drops
    IMG_2369.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ken's email came in this morning with the new inventory. Looks like you no longer need a password to access, which is kind of nice, and Kyphi is back. I add that to my short list fsvorites from his collection. I've smelled Kyphi interpretations before and Ken's rendition sits high above the rest, intoxicating and deeply moving. Highly recommend.

Also while Ken's style of perfumery is generally not what I'm usually looking for ( often little bit too heavily floral for my tastes), this osmanthus moon scent that he's got again this month is by far my favorite that I've ever tried from him.

The sandalwood, oud, and ambergris hold down a muskiness that the florals seem to really bring home and tie everything together. And I think that because he uses floral tinctures rather than pure alcohol as the base, it adds more layers of depth and richness.

I've been walking around spraying it on all my friends and it has been quite a hit. Not to mention that it is formulated specifically to wear during this season to help balance out the environmental factors.

Here's the whole list of what's available this drop:

Kyphi: Ancient Egypt, Modern Senkō

Devadāru : "Timber of the Celestials"

Redolence: Hojari Rosewood Cedar

Ocean's Gold: Premium Ambergris & Oud

5th Qi Perfume "Osmanthus Moon" Gui Po

5th Qi Incense "Jade Spring" Yu Quan

Premium Agarwoods: Assam, Burma, Brunei, Leyte, Dovetail, Kalimantan

Olu Olu Perfume 2ml/10ml
 
I'm always quite enamoured with what Ken brings to the table. His compositions are always original and well thought out on all levels, particularly in regards to the sacred. I'm always intrigued when I read about someone releasing their version of Kyphi. I even gave it a go once myself, the results I was very pleased with. His sounds devine indeed. The Ocean's Gold also sounds incredible. I've only ever tried an incense that contained ambergris the once and that being from KZ. It took a while to "tune" into the note as I was unfamiliar with it at the time. Now, it's unmistakable.
 
Ken's email came in this morning with the new inventory. Looks like you no longer need a password to access, which is kind of nice, and Kyphi is back. I add that to my short list fsvorites from his collection. I've smelled Kyphi interpretations before and Ken's rendition sits high above the rest, intoxicating and deeply moving. Highly recommend.

Also while Ken's style of perfumery is generally not what I'm usually looking for ( often little bit too heavily floral for my tastes), this osmanthus moon scent that he's got again this month is by far my favorite that I've ever tried from him.

The sandalwood, oud, and ambergris hold down a muskiness that the florals seem to really bring home and tie everything together. And I think that because he uses floral tinctures rather than pure alcohol as the base, it adds more layers of depth and richness.

I've been walking around spraying it on all my friends and it has been quite a hit. Not to mention that it is formulated specifically to wear during this season to help balance out the environmental factors.

Here's the whole list of what's available this drop:

Kyphi: Ancient Egypt, Modern Senkō

Devadāru : "Timber of the Celestials"

Redolence: Hojari Rosewood Cedar

Ocean's Gold: Premium Ambergris & Oud

5th Qi Perfume "Osmanthus Moon" Gui Po

5th Qi Incense "Jade Spring" Yu Quan

Premium Agarwoods: Assam, Burma, Brunei, Leyte, Dovetail, Kalimantan

Olu Olu Perfume 2ml/10ml
@Moon is the saffron on display in the OM perfume or more structural component?
 
Top