Alex

Oud Fan
Aloha Everyone,
Just wanted to confirm without any doubt that Alex the perfumist is indeed most definitely a scam artist and a cheat. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt and placed a 500 dollar order for two of his sample packs. I began researching more and more after reading some negative reviews about him and his products. What I found was a mixed bag because there are some positive things online but when I dig deeper I discovered that those positive things like reviews on fragrabtica were made by people who low and behold only left reviews for products sold by Alex the perfumist. Smelt fishy but then when my sample packs arrived I was shocked. Not only were his oils synthetic garbage that made my head hurt but he even forgot one of the 50 dollar samples! Yes it was that bad. There was simply no question that I was trying to be taken for a ride. I immediately asked for a refund but told him I didn’t want to pay the hundred dollars it would cost me to DHL it back to him from Saudi Arabia. He then refused to refund my money saying it wasn’t fair for me to keep the oils and get my money back. I said whatever and contacted the bank to open a dispute. Guess what, I didn’t even have to explain the situation to the bank because they obviously investigated Alex the perfumist and gave me my money back no questions asked. Word to the wise, stay away from the troll that is Alex the perfumist in Houston TX. Here is his final email verbatim:

On 23 Apr 2020, at 5:15 AM, info <[email protected]> wrote:
It seems that you tried to get some oils for free just like many of the people on the forum you listed, which all know well that the oils we offer are better than anything that was ever sold on this fourm actually the lab test of our oils are mentioned on that same fourm.

Without saying that the return policy and refund policy is clearly explained on the site and without saying that all our oils are lab tested in top USA labs and without saying that any other company won't even take a return on open and used samples back and without saying that this fourm is run by vendors who non of them tested or listed a test of their products, and without saying that you were hesitant to return those oils in the first place. I will say this

I was ready to receive the shipment back and give you a full refund even though those samples cost us much more than 80$ but after this pathetic attempt of solicitation and this threat.

Here is my answer to you and you don't have to wait till Monday It's NOTHING

not even a return or an exchange and feel free to do whatever you like, and consider this as a final refusal of business.

Alex

Hi everyone :)
Mr. Makakilo or Beau Stuart thanks you a lot for your post, it was the final piece we needed in this very interesting slander/ fraudulent attempt and attack that's been going on here.
It's really funny that you are making this story here, and going through all the trouble to simply make this fraudulent / slandering post, possibly with the support/cooperation of some of the people who run this forum with their vendors, which our legal team been closely monetizing so thank you for making our job much easier in this regard!

Here is a snap picture of your order if you can kindly confirm if this is you, or someone else.
" your order was confirm as a Fraudulent order that the payment processor reimbursed the total amount back to us, and we didn't pay you anything back, no money was ever deducted from us, actually you are flagged for having fraudulent activity on your account and most payment processing companies will provide that information to respectful companies and sellers." . due to our privacy policy I haven't posted it here but if you approve I will list it here.

and for all the admins and owners on the forum, please don't take this post down immediately as we have took multiple snaps of it and doing so will just reaffirm and reconfirm your involvement in this slander and Fraudulent attack,

Respectfully,

Alex

upload_2020-7-2_17-15-57.png

Alex

Oud Fan
hahahaha !! This guy !! What a clown
the perfumest!!! Alex you sold me fake oud!! That’s is that and there is nothing more to it.
What a troll
Dear Jay with all respect, your message and all the misinformation and fallacies in it is still listed here, and people will read it and understand what kind of knowledge and experience you have!
you won't know real oud from fake oud if we distilled it in front of you, and while we never made or sold anything fake that's why we have lab tests from top US labs and hand signed certifications with every oil, which no other vendor or company here is doing, so I'm not sure who's the clown here but I leave it to the people reading this to judge.
regards

Alex

Oud Fan
I felt it was pretty obvious from his posts here he was full of sh**. Sorry you got sucked in and REALLY glad you got your money back and wasted his time and effort. That at least is one payback for all the time and disappointment you have to deal with for having been duped by this guy... at least in the end he/they had also paid a price in terms of time and materials.

That’s the problem with this oud biz. Anyone can say anything they want. Organic. Kinam. Kyara. Wild. “Incense Grade”, “medicinal grade”, 100 years old, distilled in 1902, etc. and it may all be true or all be B.S. someone has to take the risk of finding out first hand. Thanks for “taking one for the team”... it is far safer to stay with the folks who have been so well reviewed here.

It is obvious that you language and words in addressing this matter is reflecting your knowledge and style!
it is obvious that you affiliated with this forum and the vendors in it which soon will be famous, and not for selling good oud!
I only want to address one thing here, a true connoisseur or perfumist or even a collector shouldn't be happy or excited about wasting peoples time and effort, perfumery is an art and a beautiful one and it is sad to see people like yourself make it a slandering, bashing, and hateful business, specially when they know nothing about it. I just proved that the story of your friend is fraudulent Just like the majority of the posts about our company on this forum and my advice to you it to think well before making or writing a post, as a famous Arabic saying goes, " people were not sure about a fool, until he spoke".
regards

Alex

Oud Fan
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem like a troll the way we know them. He sells stuff. This is terribly offensive and I hope our community guards ourselves against trolls like this.

Your are right sir, Yes we sell stuff! and unlike some vendors who try to convince people about things that doesn't exist or fake like "wild Kinam" or "kinam oil" which I'm sure you heard a lot about on this forum everything we sell comes with a lab test, botanic authentication and hand signed certification and it is usually sold in one single day when it's listed. you may find it offensive to you and we understand that as "most people who are dependent on a lie will fight with everything they have to protect it, but it's still a lie" .

Regards

Alex

Oud Fan
Im willing to bet a majority of people on this forum could flash a lot more than that...certainly in oil ..but for what ? Its tremendously distasteful!

It's not about flashing money or cash it never been, and honestly we make much more-than that on a good day, it is just to show that we do have the power and capacity to follow on what we say as we always did and will always do, and if you read the previous post you will find that clear. we talked the language of reason and science posting evidences and lab tests and it seems that was not understood, so we talked the language of work and knowledge and posted information that most of the people here had no clue about! still didn't word, so we spoke the langue of money and challenges which seems that it is still not understood by some. and we will speak every single language needed when it's about defending facts and reality against cheap attempts of slander and attacks specially if it's done by amateurs which make our job much more interesting and fun.

regards

Alex

Oud Fan
The offending post was the subject of a complaint. The admins and mods have not acted on it and I think maybe its best as the responses clearly show the level of opposition to the claims. Unless the admins/mods decide otherwise, it will stay up for everyone to see and facepalm...

Thank you that is great, our legal team greatly appreciate your choice, and believe that the respectful court of London will also do.
in the meantime my only request is not to remove any of my posts and replies (like it was previously done), which by the way "all been documented with picture".
thank you!

Alex

Oud Fan
For what it’s worth I believe my experience and the experience of others along with the nonsense that Alex preaches should remain on the forum for people to read and come to their own conclusions. I certainly wouldn’t have risked 500 dollars if I knew his oils were equivalent to what I can find here at most gas stations in the Middle East. But now people can read and be warned that his stuff is nothing extraordinary, rare and natural as he professes.

I totally agree, and hope that your post will stay here also!
and my post proving your fraudulent and slandering attempt.
Since you mentioned it, maybe you should keep finding Oud oil at gas stations rather than trying to get it from us, as most of our clients would never buy, wear, or smell cheap or synthetic Oud oils from gas stations, I just proved you are a fraud, a liar and don't know anything about Oud, so while you make an opinion "uneducated one" remember that we have lab tests, botanist checks, and hand signed certification, with Evey single oil, which I'm sure many gas stations don't offer!

regards

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
While we allow all on this community, we won’t tolerate a business that has been called out by several peers and experts as well as countless disappointed customers to openly make threats. If you are genuine, I look forward to your case.

In the meantime, can anyone who has had dealings with this company get in contact with me directly as I will now compile a list of customers and experts in this area who can provide me with your oils and be sure that your oils will be GCMS tested to verify your claims. Should your claims be true, then I’ll be the first to acknowledge them. In either case, the results will be published for all to see. For now you are banned as I don’t want this forum to turn into a circus. You already lied once about your identity when you first joined the forum and claimed to have nothing to do with The Perfumist. We’ve had enough of that already.

Bigboy

True Ouddict
what in the wide fing world of oud is going on here? I dont check the forum for a while couple of days and the courts of london and gas station oud and people in Texas saying they are in turkey and and and .....wtf

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
what in the wide fing world of oud is going on here? I dont check the forum for a while couple of days and the courts of london and gas station oud and people in Texas saying they are in turkey and and and .....wtf
You can check these threads if you'd like to know what exactly happened
https://www.ouddict.com/threads/a-call-to-all-the-perfumist-customers.1217/page-4#post-60331
https://www.ouddict.com/threads/theperfumist-com.2957/#post-59891

but in short, Alex, the perfumist is banned at the moment for numerous negative impacts on the forum.

Bilal

True Ouddict
i feel like it’s a marketing ploy. Why would you make an involved Attar based around “proprietary” Kyara distillation but involve so many other notes.

It just doesn’t seem like it’s very honest.

My thoughts exactly.It's a little confusing as I hear everything else about the brand is top notch.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
My thoughts exactly.It's a little confusing as I hear everything else about the brand is top notch.

the flip side so this is that it’s cultivated “organic” Kyara which isn’t the same thing at all. That’s my guess. They got ahold of so called cultivated Kyara and probably used a few drops in a blend to warrant a huge price tag. It’s just not my cup of tea.