Mr.P

oud<3er
I see a number of posts from attar makers in kannauj showing oil being prepared in these devices. Am I correct that this is basically a pressure cooker? I think I brought this up before but my memory is fuzzy… Is it correct to say that this is being used to infuse aroma into a carrier oil like you might put saffron paste and some oil in there to transfer the saffron into the oil? I see videos of people putting saffron into things like this and then separating some oil from the leftover pulp later. I feel like Jaabir already answered this but I just wanted to double check and can't find the old conversation. Any information on how these are used, and materials that are commonly extracted in them would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like this might be part of the choya process, maybe high temperature pyrogenic extraction but it's obviously not distillation. Due to translation errors many of the Instagram posts that show these describe it as distillation
[Ouddict.com] double checking what this thing is...
 
Looks li
I see a number of posts from attar makers in kannauj showing oil being prepared in these devices. Am I correct that this is basically a pressure cooker? I think I brought this up before but my memory is fuzzy… Is it correct to say that this is being used to infuse aroma into a carrier oil like you might put saffron paste and some oil in there to transfer the saffron into the oil? I see videos of people putting saffron into things like this and then separating some oil from the leftover pulp later. I feel like Jaabir already answered this but I just wanted to double check and can't find the old conversation. Any information on how these are used, and materials that are commonly extracted in them would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like this might be part of the choya process, maybe high temperature pyrogenic extraction but it's obviously not distillation. Due to translation errors many of the Instagram posts that show these describe it as distillation
View attachment 56760
Looks like a rudimentary pressure cooker. Maybe to force extraction out of the saffron? Breaks down the fibers? I know from experience that a pressure cooker can turn a femur bone into a paste in a couple hours
I’ve seen very similar pots being used in distillation in Bangladesh if I remember correctly
 
Back
Top