Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Been looking at the Borneo Raw Resin that ensar is selling. Have any of you burned his raw resin? I’m more interested in burning it than making my own perfume or whatever. Just curious to know how it compares to heating a nice Borneo chip?

Super intense? Is it weird when the wood itself is missing? Worth checking out?

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Been looking at the Borneo Raw Resin that ensar is selling. Have any of you burned his raw resin? I’m more interested in burning it than making my own perfume or whatever. Just curious to know how it compares to heating a nice Borneo chip?

Super intense? Is it weird when the wood itself is missing? Worth checking out?

It kind of smells like full on dark fruit molasses in scent. Reminds me of the Christmas fruit cake.........Currants, treacle, date molasses, dried Christmas fruits ect.
It is a very strange as it dissolves almost instantly in water........So am not sure how it will be in oil.......I will check now and post the outcome.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
I have done a quick test and the results are:

Dissolves fast in Balkan 88% Vodka with small amount of residue.

Dissolves in PA with no residue........My PA has Isopropyl mystrate in it but not sure how much.

Not dissolving in cold Sandalwood....May over time.

I will do a more in depth test later today with slight heating of the oil and also give a day or two in the cold oil to see if/how it dissolves at all over time.

Last edited:

KodoKing

True Ouddict
I have some of his previous version (Cambodi) marinating in ethanol and plan to evaporate most of the ethanol to make a sort of absolute then blend with carrier oil. The scent is mild - I would pretty much recommend just burning the resin as it smell pretty good (not as good as wood of course, but not bad)

5% resin in ethanol

image.jpg

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
No time for sleep...coffee yes...but no sleep...need results now!!....:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
Thank you Lupin fox....:praying:

Sorry bout the wait guys, I passed out.

Have had a 0.5g blob in 2ml of sandalwood on the double boiler for about 45 mins now. Heated it to almost boiling then reduced heat for the rest.
So far it has changed the colour of the sandalwood oil but slightly but has not dissolved as far as I can see. Maybe a minimal amount.
It just melts to the bottom of the test tube and I have to use a pick to stir it.

So far it looks as though the water content is far to high to mix with oils and when heating there is a lot of condensation in the tube especially when stoppered.
Any more heat for longer and it will just ruin the sandalwood so that is out.

I think what i will do is leave a gram blob on a tray on top of my de-humidifier for a day or two and re-weigh to see how much water is lost, then try again to see if that dissolves.

I have no way of removing the blob from the tube to weigh it and see if any has dissolved but by the looks of it it is a minute amount. Enough to slightly change the colour, though that could be a trick of the light, but not enough to smell in
the sandalwood.

Again I will continue test and update any changes to the oil and will let you guys know the water weight loss over the next two days.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
It kind of smells like full on dark fruit molasses in scent. Reminds me of the Christmas fruit cake.........Currants, treacle, date molasses, dried Christmas fruits ect.
It is a very strange as it dissolves almost instantly in water........So am not sure how it will be in oil.......I will check now and post the outcome.
Do this diaaolve in water the resin? Then this is fake resin are u sure it dissolve in water?

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
The resin are not soulble in water if its pure resin. The resin will sink to bottom in a jar of water if its real resin.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Do this diaaolve in water the resin? Then this is fake resin are u sure it dissolve in water?

Water dissolves the resin as does 88% vodka with some residue.....Pa fully dissolves it with no residue but at a slower rate than the vodka.

The water solubility does bother me as I said.
It was direct from Ensar and I know that some oleoresins can be water soluble, though it was the first time I had had water soluble agarwood resin.

I would have to contact a few distillers to ask questions before I will say it is not right.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Water dissolves the resin as does 88% vodka with some residue.....Pa fully dissolves it with no residue but at a slower rate than the vodka.

The water solubility does bother me as I said.
It was direct from Ensar and I know that some oleoresins can be water soluble, though it was the first time I had had water soluble agarwood resin.

I would have to contact a few distillers to ask questions before I will say it is not right.
Hi brother yes this is not notmal. Resin in wood are not soulble in water and are sinking if the koncentration is high of resin. When its pure resin it will still not dissolve in water and it will sink in water becuse its pure resin. If the resin disolve in water this is very strange. It can be explained in 2 ways 1 first one its not resin i dobt know what is number 2 chemicals have been added to it to dissolve in water and i dont want to say what chemicals but its not good for humans

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Hi brother yes this is not notmal. Resin in wood are not soulble in water and are sinking if the koncentration is high of resin. When its pure resin it will still not dissolve in water and it will sink in water becuse its pure resin. If the resin disolve in water this is very strange. It can be explained in 2 ways 1 first one its not resin i dobt know what is number 2 chemicals have been added to it to dissolve in water and i dont want to say what chemicals but its not good for humans

Yes I admit that I do find it very strange.
I will know more once all the water weight has been removed if it dissolves then.

If it does not dissolve once the water is removed then I can look into other options.......But I have to test it fully before saying it is fake. It would not be right for me to do that. Especially because of the implications.
So the only option is to test and record here what I find.

I will continue to update my findings for everyone and go from there.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Yes I admit that I do find it very strange.
I will know more once all the water weight has been removed if it dissolves then.

If it does not dissolve once the water is removed then I can look into other options.......But I have to test it fully before saying it is fake. It would not be right for me to do that. Especially because of the implications.
So the only option is to test and record here what I find.

I will continue to update my findings for everyone and go from there.
I dont understand so the resin does not dissolve in water?