Here it is folks

Taman Negara

This is a special offer for ouddicts for 24hrs, then it will return to normal price. at 7USD per gram you can't beat it.

CLICK HERE

20260701_224104.webp

20260702_201045.webp
20260702_201152.webp
20260702_201302.webp
20260702_201350.webp
 
Here is a sneek peek at a classical formula that I have been working on. Some of our records show this to be the oldest compounding composition in our heritage.
[Ouddict.com] Master at Work


There are a lot of nuances when it comes to these classical formulas and what is interesting many modern perfumers would make no sense of some of the steps. I have heard many actually say, why the grinding when it will dissolve itself in the liquid.

I can understand where they are coming from, in the modern world most of the ingredients perfumers receive are pretty much ready to go. Where as when working with raw primary materials the perfumer has to themselves do all the preparations, maceration, curing and aging.

One of the reasons ingredients are ground is to help filter foreign matter. Sand, hair, roots etc do not grind at the same force. This makes it easier to separate these foreign matter with a silk filter or fine stainless steel mesh.

Grinding with a mortar and pestle is done with different exertion for different materials.

PS>> this composition has already been completed and is aging. I am justing sharing for educational purposes.
 
Here is a sneek peek at a classical formula that I have been working on. Some of our records show this to be the oldest compounding composition in our heritage.
View attachment 55854

There are a lot of nuances when it comes to these classical formulas and what is interesting many modern perfumers would make no sense of some of the steps. I have heard many actually say, why the grinding when it will dissolve itself in the liquid.

I can understand where they are coming from, in the modern world most of the ingredients perfumers receive are pretty much ready to go. Where as when working with raw primary materials the perfumer has to themselves do all the preparations, maceration, curing and aging.

One of the reasons ingredients are ground is to help filter foreign matter. Sand, hair, roots etc do not grind at the same force. This makes it easier to separate these foreign matter with a silk filter or fine stainless steel mesh.

Grinding with a mortar and pestle is done with different exertion for different materials.

PS>> this composition has already been completed and is aging. I am justing sharing for educational purposes.
Makes sense, thanks for sharing.

One thing I would love to get my hands on is a set of different sized mesh screens that all nest together to allow sorting things by size and separating things that have different sized particles. I think they're used for analyzing soil or prospecting or things like that, I have to do a little digging.
 
That is one source, I have one or two of those around, mine dont nest as much as stack, problem there is 1) they're pretty expensive as they're marketed towards companies that don't care if it's $20 or $200 and 2) they're quite large
stacking, that's what I meant.
 
Something like these? First result $13 each seems reasonable, but you find them probably cheaper and other sizes too..
Ah, makes sense that there's an aliexpress version.

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/prod...ieves-12-in-dia-3-1-4-in-d/048841AW#?keyword= is what i was thinking of, but even then, looks like they have some smaller sizes than the 12" I have around (I didnt pay anywhere near that price, but more than $13 tho). No reason for them to cost that much, its metal ring and a mesh. Nice! and looks like they make em down to 5cm diameter which is far better for my usecases
 
Ah, makes sense that there's an aliexpress version.

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/prod...ieves-12-in-dia-3-1-4-in-d/048841AW#?keyword= is what i was thinking of, but even then, looks like they have some smaller sizes than the 12" I have around (I didnt pay anywhere near that price, but more than $13 tho). No reason for them to cost that much, its metal ring and a mesh. Nice! and looks like they make em down to 5cm diameter which is far better for my usecases
Are they actually asking for $500 and $600 apiece for those?
 
Are they actually asking for $500 and $600 apiece for those?
Yea, fishersci charges a ton of premium for 'we have it, have certifications, lab grade, you got grants or your company doesnt care, rounding error, you'll get it fast since we have 100 warehouses'. All their stuff tends to be pretty wildly priced. They're a huuuge supplier in the US, so someone's paying their nonsense prices. I don't get it.

I will say when they clearence things out though, they *start* at 90% off and get better from there, so my only orders have all been 90-99% off, which just confirms they know they got nonsense prices.

195 billion dollar marketcap, so they're doin alright 😉
 
Last edited:
Yea, fishersci charges a ton of premium for 'we have it, have certifications, lab grade, you got grants or your company doesnt care, rounding error, you'll get it fast since we have 100 warehouses'. All their stuff tends to be pretty wildly priced. They're a huuuge supplier in the US, so someone's paying their nonsense prices. I don't get it.

I will say when they clearence things out though, they *start* at 90% off and get better from there, so my only orders have all been 90-99% off, which just confirms they know they got nonsense prices.
yeah I would get their catalogs as a science teacher and a couple of times I was putting together orders for some of the schools I taught at and the way they price things felt kind of fraudulent… Like a business designed to take advantage of financial negligence. Very strange.
 
Yea, fishersci charges a ton of premium for 'we have it, have certifications, lab grade, you got grants or your company doesnt care, rounding error, you'll get it fast since we have 100 warehouses'. All their stuff tends to be pretty wildly priced. They're a huuuge supplier in the US, so someone's paying their nonsense prices. I don't get it.

I will say when they clearence things out though, they *start* at 90% off and get better from there, so my only orders have all been 90-99% off, which just confirms they know they got nonsense prices.

195 billion dollar marketcap, so they're doin alright 😉
I am glad the thread has started some discussion. Most of the larger companies have these crazy pricing mechanisms which never makes sense. Over the years I have found that by checking a number of different suppliers, eventually an acceptable price can be found. Also some of them do price match.

Where we are, there is a large Aussie based company which is very close by and they have good products and services. If I find their prices to be crazy on a item, I will send them a link of the same or similar item elsewhere and they just match it. That's something worthwhile keeping in mind.

Since these meshes don't get high frequency or heavy load use I reckon the Alibaba or Temu version would last a good number of years.
 
I am glad the thread has started some discussion. Most of the larger companies have these crazy pricing mechanisms which never makes sense. Over the years I have found that by checking a number of different suppliers, eventually an acceptable price can be found. Also some of them do price match.

Where we are, there is a large Aussie based company which is very close by and they have good products and services. If I find their prices to be crazy on a item, I will send them a link of the same or similar item elsewhere and they just match it. That's something worthwhile keeping in mind.

Since these meshes don't get high frequency or heavy load use I reckon the Alibaba or Temu version would last a good number of years.
i hate companies like Fisher - really disgusting to experience as a teacher trying to make a small budget go a long way. In every city where I lived I was able to find some small science supply company, inevitably close to an airport, that would have things for about 1/5 the price of these cretins. Honestly the whole science education / curriculum sales / lab supplies is a pile of garbage industry designed to bleed an already anemic education system dry (in the US at least). There's a special place in hell for these people...

I was obligated to do textbook and curriculum searches for some of the small schools that I taught at and it was not possible to find a SINGLE prepared curriculum package or program that had any kind of consistent positive review from anybody with a background in the sciences. Not one and I was thorough. Actually there was one but it was developed on a grant and incomplete and difficult to use without having a team of people supporting you. These things were all made by committees, designed to make money. it's a huge scam but the sad thing is a lot of teachers need that help because you can find yourself teaching science without a whole hell of a lot of education in this country. I have advanced degrees in science and education, I couldn't believe the low level of the assessments that were needed to qualify for teaching math and science… no wonder it's easy to dupe freaked out poorly prepared young people with expensive hardware and software and curriculum packages that in the end offer nothing compared to what prepared teacher could do with a standard laboratory and a workshop.
 
Last edited:
195 billion dollar marketcap

really disgusting to experience as a teacher trying to make a small budget go a long way.
I think the former explains the latter. Not even to get into places that have contractual obligations to buy from them, etc, government contracts, whathaveyou.

At least on the flip side of that, those places bound into contracts, or infinite budgets, mean that the used lab equip market is often firesale. $4000 trinocular zeiss microscopes? $250 when a lab shuts down or a university upgrades. Automatic stirrers, high quality lab scales, older GCMS machines. And china for the rest. Maybe a pity most of it quickly becomes ewaste, but it's not all bad news. Though for a school if you need 30 matching scales, or 60 matching 100ml beakers, that's not much consolation.
 
I think the former explains the latter. Not even to get into places that have contractual obligations to buy from them, etc, government contracts, whathaveyou.

At least on the flip side of that, those places bound into contracts, or infinite budgets, mean that the used lab equip market is often firesale. $4000 trinocular zeiss microscopes? $250 when a lab shuts down or a university upgrades. Automatic stirrers, high quality lab scales, older GCMS machines. And china for the rest. Maybe a pity most of it quickly becomes ewaste, but it's not all bad news. Though for a school if you need 30 matching scales, or 60 matching 100ml beakers, that's not much consolation.
good point, I will gladly pick through the leftovers and fire sales
 
I think the former explains the latter. Not even to get into places that have contractual obligations to buy from them, etc, government contracts, whathaveyou.

At least on the flip side of that, those places bound into contracts, or infinite budgets, mean that the used lab equip market is often firesale. $4000 trinocular zeiss microscopes? $250 when a lab shuts down or a university upgrades. Automatic stirrers, high quality lab scales, older GCMS machines. And china for the rest. Maybe a pity most of it quickly becomes ewaste, but it's not all bad news. Though for a school if you need 30 matching scales, or 60 matching 100ml beakers, that's not much consolation.
That would be the positive side.

I couldn't believe the low level of the assessments that were needed to qualify for teaching math and science
There actually plenty of data now that proves the very point you are making. Teachers are less qualified/trained who then deliver a lower quality education to students, some of those students continue on to be teachers, so the quality just keeps dropping.
 
That would be the positive side.


There actually plenty of data now that proves the very point you are making. Teachers are less qualified/trained who then deliver a lower quality education to students, some of those students continue on to be teachers, so the quality just keeps dropping.
at least in the United States they're not willing to offer a salary that reflects the type of education that's necessary to really qualify for the job so you have to find people who are either martyrs for the cause (myself for example) or you're hiring people without much education because the payouts are really terrible. I have advanced degrees in both biology and education but many of my colleagues over the years had just general degrees and struggled to qualify for teaching certificates, and were teaching subjects that they never specifically studied at least not beyond remedial/rudimentary levels. yes they could tell you how to technically complete mathematics problems and could list scientific facts but they had no rich background to explain the context and beauty of mathematics and science in a general
sense. this is apparently what my society values, and even though it's awful I can't feel too sorry for people reaping what they have sown.

my daughter had some wonderful and amazing teachers and also some complete morons
 
were teaching subjects that they never specifically studied at least not beyond remedial/rudimentary levels
I still remember my geometry teacher. He was a coach and gym teacher as well. He would make mistakes quite a bit on the test questions (unsolvable problems due to missing things, angles when given that were imposssible). Math teachers likely all wanted to teach the more interesting/advanced math classes, no room for another teacher, and hey, coaches and sportsball are what parents crave!

Super nice guy though, no hard feelings, he was just helping out where he could, and he had a good humor about it.
some of those students continue on to be teachers, so the quality just keeps dropping.
I'm not sure I'm quite so pessimistic. I still ended up an engineer, despite not great primary schooling. Caring, inspiring learning and curiousity, and taking the time IMO matters more than being a PHD in 9th grade history or maths
 
Back
Top