you can take it to the ninja level and bring a powerful pocket laser with you and just stealth vaporize it while you're standing there. At one point years ago I decided that I needed a burning laser pointer. The 10 year old in me was strong that month. Anyway of course I had to use it to scorch some oud. It could be focused down to a microscopic point (with incredibly high temperatures - actually to the point of generating plasma which is not generally desirable when combusting oud ha ha). Some very very interesting aromas though when that point was focused down not quite to its smallest and directed a different regions on the surface of a chip - sudden high temperature vaporization of wood / resin and oil for some very rich notes.

It also could be de-focused in which case the heating was more diffuse and gentle.

you need special glasses for this obviously it's no fun looking at those bright little points and there is of course the danger of an accidental shot in the eye.

It's not hard to envision a little stand for testing wood that supports the laser and protects your eyes, with an aperture you can slide a chip into and give it a quick or not so quick flash of light to release its scent.
 
you can take it to the ninja level and bring a powerful pocket laser with you and just stealth vaporize it while you're standing there. At one point years ago I decided that I needed a burning laser pointer. The 10 year old in me was strong that month. Anyway of course I had to use it to scorch some oud. It could be focused down to a microscopic point (with incredibly high temperatures - actually to the point of generating plasma which is not generally desirable when combusting oud ha ha). Some very very interesting aromas though when that point was focused down not quite to its smallest and directed a different regions on the surface of a chip - sudden high temperature vaporization of wood / resin and oil for some very rich notes.

It also could be de-focused in which case the heating was more diffuse and gentle.

you need special glasses for this obviously it's no fun looking at those bright little points and there is of course the danger of an accidental shot in the eye.

It's not hard to envision a little stand for testing wood that supports the laser and protects your eyes, with an aperture you can slide a chip into and give it a quick or not so quick flash of light to release its scent.
Mad scientist 😂

Those are illegal here. I remember in the 2000s a guy in my cousins neighbourhood had brought one from Indonesia. This thing could point at objects miles away.
 
I think putting the super high powered modules into pointers was a questionable proposition ha ha.

A lab laser that has to be plugged into a power supplies a different thing and safer.
 
we have quite a bit of those in Hong Kong but hidden away. Those things take forever to clean and removal of white wood. Been there done that. No envy. The amount of manual that goes into these things.
I can only imagine. This thing was huge! How would you even put a dollar value on it? Here's another big chunk I found. This one in a store.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Last edited:
I can only imagine. This thing was huge! How would you even put a dollar value on it? Here's another big chunk I found. This one in a store. View attachment 41913
Depends on the quality. There are some that are solid, but also a decent amount that only the outter shell that is resinous and inside is white. Though the piece ure with seems pretty legit, but need to see the cross cut at the base.

Value wise, as with most stuff, only valuable if u can actually exchange it. Most of them are either A) for display and not for sale (i have my own NFS ones too 🤣), and B) unmovable since we cant get stuff this big past any customs.

Ive had decent big (but thinner) ones offered but didnt pick up on the offer since its not something i can move unless i cut it up and process it.
 
Brother kani inspecting mesOUD stash
View attachment 42483
View attachment 42484
SubanAllah ! A room as fragrant as the two brothers standing inside it 🤩 :raisedhands: !

May I ask what's inside the stainless steel canister? It reminds me of the vessel milk farmers used to transport milk into the cities, they'd pull the stand, let the motorbike lean to the side, and start pouring out the desired milk into empty containers brought to them.
 
SubanAllah ! A room as fragrant as the two brothers standing inside it 🤩 :raisedhands: !

May I ask what's inside the stainless steel canister? It reminds me of the vessel milk farmers used to transport milk into the cities, they'd pull the stand, let the motorbike lean to the side, and start pouring out the desired milk into empty containers brought to them.
Yes brother it is the thing you know,it is for soaking.
Also different materials in different conditions effects differently,sometimes copper pots sometimes stainless steel pots for soaking
 
Back
Top