Doesnt have that CK profile at all, doesn't it not? The best CK I have ever smelled and IS very close to wild Kyara, super close, which makes me wonder why they cant produce more CK like this, and just sell a gram for $100 just like what Alex does? People would pay for it and it wouldn't cause such bad economics for real, good woods, like the mass production of shitty CK does. But instead the Chinese are just making basically really crap wood. If you were to have 2 normal agarwood plantations, and one produced REALLY great cultivated aloeswood, and it was pretty close to wild aloeswood, and it cost you say, 50 a gram for the wood, but then the other one just produced crap agarwood but it cost 5 a gram. This is how I kind of think of CK plantations as well. Most of them are producing cheap crap wood (for monetary gains ofc, which will bite them in the ass soon) when they can produce really good but more expensive cultivated kynam (like Alex's from @TheAgarwoodShop) that sells for 100 a gram, but the stuff that Alex sells, even though its 100 a gram, a gram of that CK will last 10x longer than even 5grams of most, normal, average, shitty quality CK.
Yes, I agree. They're flooding the market. It seems like that's just how they operate. I am surprised that those in the UAE are going hard for this stuff. This purple from Alex is remarkable. Makes me wonder just how was it produced if it can be so different from standard ck? Edit..I'm just chatting with Alex now and I've put that question to him. It all comes down to the ageing process. Both with the tree itself being much older than those that normally get drilled for a quick turn around and then once harvested it has been further cured for a period Clearly this all makes a huge difference in quality.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I agree. They're flooding the market. It seems like that's just how they operate. I am surprised that those in the UAE are going hard for this stuff. This purple from Alex is remarkable. Makes me wonder just how was it produced if it can be so different from standard ck? Edit..I'm just chatting with Alex now and I've put that question to him. It all comes down to the ageing process. Both with the tree itself being much older than those that normally get drilled for a quick turn around and then once harvested it has been further cured for a period Clearly this all makes a huge difference in quality.
Ahh that would make a lot of sense. This the piece I got from him and used it 2 times and i have not those 2 sessions. The chip I have left (if put on the kinam heater, not the UFO Kangiiten heater, which I done the first time so I can only imagine how good it smells at different, more accurate temps, do you waft the fragrance in your face, cup or both? I do both) is plenty for at least 10 sessions, so I hope @TheAgarwoodShop can get back to me soon because I want to buy a full gram on the 7th of January 😉. And I am happy to pay $100 for a gram of it, which is insane for me to say when it comes to CK, but this IS NOT normal CK. This is top shelf CK, when I first was shaving it, I was like, woah, this is as soft as green or white wild kyara (not wild purple and wild purple is quite hard) then when I put some tiny wee shavings on the heater (thinking I would need more, since normal CK usually does). similar amount to the amount of wild I would use, and omg, this had ZERO CK DNA, it smelled completely different, it is beautiful, it is closer to wild kyara than it is CK without a shadow of a doubt and 1gram for $100, when a gram will most likely last me around 1year minimum, yes please, @TheAgarwoodShop 😉. I would say this is one of the best cultivated Kyara's circulating right now, that I know of anyway, at a decent price.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Gorgeous black kyara! hazy milkiness, honey, tea and milk, delicate flowers and spice, unique blanket of warmth! not very oily or resinous, not very loud either....requires close listening, but beautiful and for the price i got it, it is a blessing!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    DSC_0501.webp
    167.1 KB · Views: 138
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    DSC_0502.webp
    105.4 KB · Views: 124
  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    DSC_0503.webp
    209.5 KB · Views: 138
No idea unfortunately. There was nothing around at all to even say why it was standing there, let alone which species. This was at a random roadside toilet stop with a few food stalls nearby. Totally bizarre.
That's wild… did you shave off a few little slivers to try out when you got back to your room? Don't answer that ha ha
 
Ahh that would make a lot of sense. This the piece I got from him and used it 2 times and i have not those 2 sessions. The chip I have left (if put on the kinam heater, not the UFO Kangiiten heater, which I done the first time so I can only imagine how good it smells at different, more accurate temps, do you waft the fragrance in your face, cup or both? I do both) is plenty for at least 10 sessions, so I hope @TheAgarwoodShop can get back to me soon because I want to buy a full gram on the 7th of January 😉. And I am happy to pay $100 for a gram of it, which is insane for me to say when it comes to CK, but this IS NOT normal CK. This is top shelf CK, when I first was shaving it, I was like, woah, this is as soft as green or white wild kyara (not wild purple and wild purple is quite hard) then when I put some tiny wee shavings on the heater (thinking I would need more, since normal CK usually does). similar amount to the amount of wild I would use, and omg, this had ZERO CK DNA, it smelled completely different, it is beautiful, it is closer to wild kyara than it is CK without a shadow of a doubt and 1gram for $100, when a gram will most likely last me around 1year minimum, yes please, @TheAgarwoodShop 😉. I would say this is one of the best cultivated Kyara's circulating right now, that I know of anyway, at a decent price.
View attachment 41589
Hey Renton,

So sorry, been MIA due to family issues and work work as well.

If you dont mind 1g made up of a few pieces, those are here and ready whenever you want. 😊
 
man with that thing next to you you should have made it happen, on top of the bus! no need to fit it. go back at night with a chainsaw and chop it up whole neighborhood will smell
Why has no one suggested lighting it on fire where it stands? Seems like the most reasonable thing to do.
 
Back
Top