Rai Munir

Musk Man
Bhai @Rai Munir kept my promise and dug just few of our bottles out for you.

Kashmiri
Chinese
Various Himalayan
Siberian

In

20 year old Mysore
Moringa
Fractionted Coconut
Perfumers alcohol
Various Ouds

2 big bottles on the left are pod shells and skins

These are just some of the sample/test bottles taken from the master bottles. All bottles are labelled with ratio, ingredients and date. The sample bottles are swiped every now and again, shaken and scent progression is studied and logged.

The master bottles are kept in a cool dark place and just aired and shaken every once in a while.

We use them in our blends and some have been used in an upcoming release.

Age between 2 to 8 years hereView attachment 3666 View attachment 3668 View attachment 3669 View attachment 3670 View attachment 3671
Respected brother Abdullah, what a scene! There are some bottles that seem empty but grains are there. The aroma in those bottles will be extreme.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
None are empty. Moringa and other oils;) and yes, the smell is heady.....
:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

From the left side: the fourth one
From the right side: the second one

I just can see the grains.;).

Brother Faheem is coming to Pakistan, I cordially invite you and the Musk macerations:Roflmao:.

Joe King

AttitOud
musk 2.jpg
[COMMENT][/COMMENT] I have just put some siberian musk in moringa oil and sandal oil and after looking at the previous pictures I think I may have my ratios wrong...

Rai Munir

Musk Man
View attachment 3694 [COMMENT][/COMMENT] I have just put some siberian musk in moringa oil and sandal oil and after looking at the previous pictures I think I may have my ratios wrong...
Beautiful!
No ratio is wrong when Musk is there. Especially if one wants Musk aroma. If grains are to be macerated in Oud to create an attar, I think then ratio is somewhat important. But in Sandal it is up to the wearer. The larger the amount of grains, the more Musk aroma to relish.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Here's a Musk maceration: Oils are blended just to keep the grains wet and make the aroma of three Musks unite well.

1. Tibetan, Siberian and Kashmiri Musk grains: Tibetan is more than the other two. Then Siberian. Kashmiri is less, but its less amount won't let Tibetan and Siberian dominate at all.
2. Mysore Sandal: Tyson's Celestial Gold and IO's Mysore Santal, both the Sandals are mixed. First I blended Celestial Gold to make the grains fully soaked in this Sandal oil. IO's Sandal was mixed later. Any other Sandal or any other oil is impossible for me to blend in Musk.
3. Green Papua (EO), Sri Pada (IO), Celebes Sulawesi (IO) Ouds
4. 1 drop of Itr Al Khalifa (JK/ RPP) This is just to give a Taifi touch to the aroma. I don't have Ward Taifi at the moment:Cry:. But it will come to me.
IMG_20180513_151445.jpg

IMG_20180513_151518.jpg

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
@Joe in my experience unless you love musk like @Rai Munir does, a small ammount is enough. I would say like 0.2g for a 3ml bottle is a good ammount depending on what your blending it with. You can try different ammounts and see what works for you but be aware its VERY potent stuff and can overpower everything else lol!

Joe King

AttitOud
@Joe in my experience unless you love musk like @Rai Munir does, a small ammount is enough. I would say like 0.2g for a 3ml bottle is a good ammount depending on what your blending it with. You can try different ammounts and see what works for you but be aware its VERY potent stuff and can overpower everything else lol!
thank you for the advice :Thumbsup: as this is my first time with pure musk I am not sure if I love it as much as @Rai Munir does or if that is even possible:rolleyes:.
I will try different potencies to find out. I figure if they are too strong I can always dilute them :Cooler:. The smaller bottles (3ml) in the picture actually have 0.2 g of musk.

Nikhil S

Resident Reviewer
For me Oud is better than Musk. And they compliment each other so well. I can understand obssession with fragrance. I have a similar madness for Oud. A small chip on the heater takes me to a different zone. It feels like medicine for my soul. The smell is makes me connect with nature. Its like a drug which doesn't intoxicate. Go Munir Sahab. There is passion and there is obssession. Your obssessive passion of Musk is an example of love for beautful things in life. I love Musk and Ambergris in my perfumes. Their texture and feel is unmatched. They make a perfume PERFUME. They give life to scents. But one has to also consider humanitarian aspects of Musk trade.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
@Rai Munir, respected sir that looks and sounds wonderful. I am looking to make an attar of the musk macerations I have, but not using rose (my nose does not like it). How much oud did you use?
Years before, I myself was not ready to blend Rose. But, time comes when Rose becomes inevitable. But just Ward Taifi. Yes, if I could find another Rose of my taste that is Turkish Rose. In most of the macerations, I didn't use Rose, as in certain macerations I found Jasmine rather lofty, but Jasmine must be controlled and should behave like background music. The best aroma ACCIDENTALLY created by me was in a maceration which is based upon Wilpatu Raja Sri Lankan Oud (0.2), Din Dan Borneo (0.2), Mysore Santal (0.3) and then three Musks. O gosh! What an aroma that IS!

Respected Joe, please listen to respected Habz. His suggestion is cent per cent functional. I actually don't macerate for making itr, etc. I macerate to smell and experience different shades and effects of Musk. So, I use grains a lot.

Last edited:

Aleata

Oud Mood
Hi there!
I made two macerations, one from Siberian musk and the other from Kashmir musk, the two in an old Mysore sandal oil from 1969 (brought back from India by my father at that time). The oil is very delicate as you can imagine, it mixes perfectly with the musk. I choosed to make strong macerations so 0.5gr for 3ml sandal. 7months for the Siberian and 5months for the Kashmir. At that time I asked Rai Munir for advises and I followed them. Precious advises for sure, thanks again dear Rai Munir! The two macerations are going very well and the oils have already strong, potent and delicious aroma. It evolve very well on the skin, animalic:fur, leather and skin, but no urine scent here. I look forward to use little quantities for attars making.
Best Regards my friends,
Aleata

Attachments

• 299BD283-87E5-4ED9-AF4D-22127C9DDE35.jpeg
    299BD283-87E5-4ED9-AF4D-22127C9DDE35.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 287

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Hi there!
I made two macerations, one from Siberian musk and the other from Kashmir musk, the two in an old Mysore sandal oil from 1969 (brought back from India by my father at that time). The oil is very delicate as you can imagine, it mixes perfectly with the musk. I choosed to make strong macerations so 0.5gr for 3ml sandal. 7months for the Siberian and 5months for the Kashmir. At that time I asked Rai Munir for advises and I followed them. Precious advises for sure, thanks again dear Rai Munir! The two macerations are going very well and the oils have already strong, potent and delicious aroma. It evolve very well on the skin, animalic:fur, leather and skin, but no urine scent here. I look forward to use little quantities for attars making.
Best Regards my friends,
Aleata
You are always welcome, respected Aleata. Pleased to read you after pretty long time.

No doubt, the amonia vanishes when grains are macerated in Sandal. I am very happy you went for Mysore Sandal. Mysore and Musk, no substitute at all.

I think the right one is Siberian maceration, and the left one is Kashmiri maceration.