Arabiad07
True Ouddict
This is a very very good oil. Almost can’t believe it’s plantation.1g of Cambodi Qadeem - First Cambodian oil and first oil from mesOUD. Loving this oil.
View attachment 36493
Old school powerful Cambodi. It’s a Thaqeel.
This is a very very good oil. Almost can’t believe it’s plantation.1g of Cambodi Qadeem - First Cambodian oil and first oil from mesOUD. Loving this oil.
View attachment 36493
What is a Thaqeel?This is a very very good oil. Almost can’t believe it’s plantation.
Old school powerful Cambodi. It’s a Thaqeel.
Thaqeel is the Arabic word for heavy and thick. It’s a style of old school Arabian ouds that are dark and project well and last long.What is a Thaqeel?
Yes, 100% fits this oil.Thaqeel is the Arabic word for heavy and thick. It’s a style of old school Arabian ouds that are dark and project well and last long.
It's an aesthetic of oud oils which was popular in the Gulf, it's Arabic for heavy, dense or thick. Often they're super sticky and have a very high viscocity. They're expectational strong in terms of longevity and some even in projection. You can almost think of them as the polar opposite of new gen oils, here soaking is preferred and deep resinous notes are extracted and base notes are highly favored. You'll also noticed how sweet the oil becomes several hours later, and the incense whiffs you'll catch of it in the air as you move you arms.What is a Thaqeel?
Oh thanks for more info. I was on the sticky base, and put more on so now it will last even longer and go back to top notes? Because it doesnt feel like its went back to top notes as they were very sour red cherry notes with agarwood notes now even though I put more on, its still quite sweet, maybe a little more sour than before putting more on, but mainly still very sweet, red berry agarwood resin.It's an aesthetic of oud oils which was popular in the Gulf, it's Arabic for heavy, dense or thick. Often they're super sticky and have a very high viscocity. They're expectational strong in terms of longevity and some even in projection. You can almost think of them as the polar opposite of new gen oils, here soaking is preferred and deep resinous notes are extracted and base notes are highly favored. You'll also noticed how sweet the oil becomes several hours later, and the incense whiffs you'll catch of it in the air as you move you arms.
Was originally popularized in the west by a famous oil of the same name offered by ASAQ, though which has long since been discontinued from its original run.
wow! looking excellentFilipino Agarwood 6 grams and Shin Kyara (Golden Leaf Kynam). The images of the Filipino chips are from 2 separate bottles, both pics are 3 grams each.
View attachment 36607
View attachment 36608
View attachment 36609
View attachment 36611
View attachment 36612
I got wild Filipino wood from a business partner in the Kynam plantation in... the Philippines (lol)... he gave it to me last year for free, and it was 20.85grams (the guys a millionaire from the UK and is on this forum, but wont mention him, he doesnt post) some were sinking, semi sinking and some were very high quality, only 1 gram of a bad bit. I also got gifted a smaller amount of Wild Filipino wood, so I have some basic understanding of how it should smell, but again, the Philippines has quite a lot of species.wow! looking excellent
if you experienced any old Philippinie oud before, i'm really interested in how these compared to it?
Most likely the top notes come from when the cold oil hasn't warmed up, similar to what you'd get from the applicator, once the oil has warmed up to body temperature, like when you added more on top of a previous application, you'll get the scent you described. They're often really sweet, what I like about them is that transition, keeps things interesting. They almost never have fizzy top notes, at least not often, but sometimes you can get oils that are the perfect balance, with a sour sweetness that continues well into the dry down.Oh thanks for more info. I was on the sticky base, and put more on so now it will last even longer and go back to top notes? Because it doesnt feel like its went back to top notes as they were very sour red cherry notes with agarwood notes now even though I put more on, its still quite sweet, maybe a little more sour than before putting more on, but mainly still very sweet, red berry agarwood resin.
Does heat destroy oud? I had my heating on last night in my house (but not my bedroom) as I caused a flood in my apartment hall my leaving my sink on in the toilet, and didnt notice till my downstairs neighbour messaged me about her being flooded and then night shift support worker came up to help me and my neighbour. So, then as soon as I woke up this morning I as smelling all my ouds after being awake for like 5 mins and couldnt smell anything, then after 30mins the scent of the ouds came back... why is this? Does heat destroy oud aroma, or was it my body just waking up? I am actually wearing Sam's amazing Hirta Deadwood New-Gen and it is amazing, I need to use it more as it is amazing and I have had it for months and the amount I got is basically the same (it hardly goes down even when you use a lot and it is quite thin, I am just so scared to use it as it is such an expensive and amazing gem).Most likely the top notes come from when the cold oil hasn't warmed up, similar to what you'd get from the applicator, once the oil has warmed up to body temperature, like when you added more on top of a previous application, you'll get the scent you described. They're often really sweet, what I like about them is that transition, keeps things interesting. They almost never have fizzy top notes, at least not often, but sometimes you can get oils that are the perfect balance, with a sour sweetness that continues well into the dry down.
Is it this website? https://craftoud.in I may buy off them, are the ouds good?New Lot by Craft Oud
A Series of No. 1s
Oud Sudha (Pursat)
Oud Malinau
Maroke No. 1
Khao Yai
View attachment 36707
Koh Kong
Oud Filipino
Oud Malay
Taif Rose (Vadi e Nukhba)
View attachment 36708
Trat Oud
Jasmine Sambac
View attachment 36709
Respected RentonIs it this website? https://craftoud.in I may buy off them, are the ouds good?
Thank you my friend. I can't find the Milanau one. Or most of these on the site. I can find the Vietnam Royale which surely must be a "must try", right? If you are able to, in your own time, would you be able to link me the ouds, I can find the santals, attars and florals.Respected Renton
Yes, this is the website to acquire oils.
Are the Ouds good? Well, I found the oils by Craft Oud more than good. But, we all have different tastes and preferences regarding fragrances. This is why here on Ouddict, SNIFFING IS BELIEVING is the rule quoted by all. No hype, no fanboy-ism. And more particularly, no hyping.
I found Craft Oud's oils top class and high ends. Put aside the price tag as prices are way lower than the ones we are accustomed to.
The following oils are to be tried:
Bharat No. 1
Pursat Oud
Maroke No. 1
Trat No. 1
Malinau Oud
Santal No.1
Vadi e Nukhba (Taif Rose)
And many more, but the ones mentioned above are the oils that are full-bodied, smooth and classique.
Respected FriendThank you my friend. I can't find the Milanau one. Or most of these on the site. I can find the Vietnam Royale which surely must be a "must try", right? If you are able to, in your own time, would you be able to link me the ouds, I can find the santals, attars and florals.
Website is under construction yet. Insta page is fully active where Dr Prasun can be contacted.Thank you my friend. I can't find the Milanau one. Or most of these on the site. I can find the Vietnam Royale which surely must be a "must try", right? If you are able to, in your own time, would you be able to link me the ouds, I can find the santals, attars and florals.
Thank you !!!Website is under construction yet. Insta page is fully active where Dr Prasun can be contacted.