If you're courageous, try leaving one of the bottles open for a few days, in a warm, but dark place, with plenty of circulation. then close it again, and smell it after a few days, and see if it improves.
And thanks for the explanation brother. I have some Thai ouds that looks like Cambodi, Burmese that have some similarities, and this is good to know about the plantations.
It’s just sometimes boring have the same opening note using different ouds. Have to wait until drydown to smell something different.
Do you believe in this cases airing or sunning the oud could help get rid a little of the top note?
yeah I agree, it's great to have some variation. And some varieties and style styles suit some people better than other so it's different for everyone. I personally find crassnas to be pretty repetitive in a certain sense, but I know other people don't have that same experience. Generally I experience a certain pungent saturated sweetness in the opening that I only like occasionally... it's too much and it shows up even in some very fine oils.
For oils that are more bulk produced, lower quality in that sense, there is some evidence that some degree of aging and airing can improve the aroma but I'm not sure if they would change it in exactly the way that you are hoping. I speak from personal experience with a collection of dozens of oils many of which I've been aging since the late 90s / early 00's - a number of oils that were kind of moderate quality I observed changing over time, in particular many crassna oils which as I said often have difficult top notes for me. Almost all of those have improved to my nose over the course of 5 to 10 years. Some took quite a bit longer, if I wasn't a collector I would've given up on them but there they sat and sure enough given a little time became much more appealing.
If you have only a small amount of oil in a bottle with a lot of airspace however it's not the same situation and they can become bland and uninteresting pretty quickly. A little bit of oxygen is good, too much and the oil becomes more generic and you will find samples that once smelled radically different becoming more similar in many cases
I’ll do this. Especially because i have an amazing relation with the owner of the brand and I’ll question him if he know and fells something. But a friend of mine asked him and he said that he doesn’t percieve it. But anyways guys. Thanks a lot for the help. 🫶🏻🙏🏻