Arsalan

True Ouddict
It sure is but I still think its pretty reckless behaviour and indicative of a bigger problem if you're spending close to 800 USD on a blind buy/or on one reviewers highly subjective opinion unless for the aforementioned reasons and even then I would sample first if they were made available.

Perhaps what you write above, “pretty reckless behaviour and indicative of a bigger problem” might be just that in your own context and view, but not in others’.
Please think twice when making judgement calls on other peoples’ choices and behaviour in a public forum. Simply because they might be different from what you might do does not mean that it is “pretty reckless behaviour and indicative of a bigger problem.”

Subjectivity...i believe, is key to this forum.

“Subjectivity is in part a particular experience or organization of reality, which includes how one views and interacts with humanity, objects, consciousness, and nature, so the difference between different cultures brings about an alternate experience of existence that forms life in a different manner. A common effect on an individual of this disjunction between subjectivities is culture shock, where the subjectivity of the other culture is considered alien and possibly incomprehensible or even hostile.” -From Wiki, under the Sociology subheading.

Subjectivity
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Subjectivity (disambiguation).

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, reality, and truth, which has been variously defined by sources. Three common definitions include that subjectivity is the quality or condition of:

• Something being a subject, narrowly meaning an individual who possesses conscious experiences, such as perspectives, feelings, beliefs, and desires.[1]
  • Something being a subject, broadly meaning an entity that has agency, meaning that it acts upon or wields power over some other entity (an object).[2]
  • Some information, idea, situation, or physical thing considered true only from the perspective of a subject or subjects.
These various definitions of subjectivity are sometimes joined together in philosophy. The term is most commonly used as an explanation for that which influences, informs, and biases people's judgments about truth or reality; it is the collection of the perceptions, experiences, expectations, and personal or cultural understanding of, and beliefs about, an external phenomenon, that are specific to a subject.

Subjectivity is contrasted to the philosophy of objectivity, which is described as a view of truth or reality that is free of any individual's biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings.[1]

Subjectivity is an inherently social mode that comes about through innumerable interactions within society. As much as subjectivity is a process of individuation, it is equally a process of socialization, the individual never being isolated in a self-contained environment, but endlessly engaging in interaction with the surrounding world. Culture is a living totality of the subjectivity of any given society constantly undergoing transformation.[6] Subjectivity is both shaped by it and shapes it in turn, but also by other things like the economy, political institutions, communities, as well as the natural world.

Though the boundaries of societies and their cultures are indefinable and arbitrary, the subjectivity inherent in each one is palatable and can be recognized as distinct from others. Subjectivity is in part a particular experience or organization of reality, which includes how one views and interacts with humanity, objects, consciousness, and nature, so the difference between different cultures brings about an alternate experience of existence that forms life in a different manner. A common effect on an individual of this disjunction between subjectivities is culture shock, where the subjectivity of the other culture is considered alien and possibly incomprehensible or even hostile.

Political subjectivity is an emerging concept in social sciences and humanities.[2] Political subjectivity is a reference to the deep embeddedness of subjectivity in the socially intertwined systems of power and meaning. "Politicality," writes Sadeq Rahimi in Meaning, Madness and Political Subjectivity, "is not an added aspect of the subject, but indeed the mode of being of the subject, that is, precisely what the subject is."[7]

Bilal

True Ouddict
Perhaps what you write above, “pretty reckless behaviour and indicative of a bigger problem” might be just that in your own context and view, but not in others’.
Please think twice when making judgement calls on other peoples’ choices and behaviour in a public forum. Simply because they might be different from what you might do does not mean that it is “pretty reckless behaviour and indicative of a bigger problem.”

Subjectivity...i believe, is key to this forum.

“Subjectivity is in part a particular experience or organization of reality, which includes how one views and interacts with humanity, objects, consciousness, and nature, so the difference between different cultures brings about an alternate experience of existence that forms life in a different manner. A common effect on an individual of this disjunction between subjectivities is culture shock, where the subjectivity of the other culture is considered alien and possibly incomprehensible or even hostile.” -From Wiki, under the Sociology subheading.

Subjectivity
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Subjectivity (disambiguation).

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, reality, and truth, which has been variously defined by sources. Three common definitions include that subjectivity is the quality or condition of:

• Something being a subject, narrowly meaning an individual who possesses conscious experiences, such as perspectives, feelings, beliefs, and desires.[1]
  • Something being a subject, broadly meaning an entity that has agency, meaning that it acts upon or wields power over some other entity (an object).[2]
  • Some information, idea, situation, or physical thing considered true only from the perspective of a subject or subjects.
These various definitions of subjectivity are sometimes joined together in philosophy. The term is most commonly used as an explanation for that which influences, informs, and biases people's judgments about truth or reality; it is the collection of the perceptions, experiences, expectations, and personal or cultural understanding of, and beliefs about, an external phenomenon, that are specific to a subject.

Subjectivity is contrasted to the philosophy of objectivity, which is described as a view of truth or reality that is free of any individual's biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings.[1]

Subjectivity is an inherently social mode that comes about through innumerable interactions within society. As much as subjectivity is a process of individuation, it is equally a process of socialization, the individual never being isolated in a self-contained environment, but endlessly engaging in interaction with the surrounding world. Culture is a living totality of the subjectivity of any given society constantly undergoing transformation.[6] Subjectivity is both shaped by it and shapes it in turn, but also by other things like the economy, political institutions, communities, as well as the natural world.

Though the boundaries of societies and their cultures are indefinable and arbitrary, the subjectivity inherent in each one is palatable and can be recognized as distinct from others. Subjectivity is in part a particular experience or organization of reality, which includes how one views and interacts with humanity, objects, consciousness, and nature, so the difference between different cultures brings about an alternate experience of existence that forms life in a different manner. A common effect on an individual of this disjunction between subjectivities is culture shock, where the subjectivity of the other culture is considered alien and possibly incomprehensible or even hostile.

Political subjectivity is an emerging concept in social sciences and humanities.[2] Political subjectivity is a reference to the deep embeddedness of subjectivity in the socially intertwined systems of power and meaning. "Politicality," writes Sadeq Rahimi in Meaning, Madness and Political Subjectivity, "is not an added aspect of the subject, but indeed the mode of being of the subject, that is, precisely what the subject is."[7]

I did say 'I think' which does let on that I'm talking subjectively!
Thank you though for being so patronising that you felt the need to link me the wikipedia definition of the word :thumbsup:

Arsalan

True Ouddict
I did say 'I think' which does let on that I'm talking subjectively!
Thank you though for being so patronising that you felt the need to link me the wikipedia definition of the word :thumbsup:

lol...i was surprised by the in-depth definition, figured i’d share it since it really is central to this forum due to the nature of the subject.

back to the thread...
Been anticipating an e-bay purchase of the cultivated wood shavings from a Kevin...been a month since purchase...lets see when it finally reaches...

lol...i was surprised by the in-depth definition, figured i’d share it since it really is central to this forum due to the nature of the subject.

back to the thread...
Been anticipating an e-bay purchase of the cultivated wood shavings from a Kevin...been a month since purchase...lets see when it finally reaches...
My recent oil purchase from Thailand wasn’t delayed, but it was opened by US Customs, green tape and all, the tola bottle was wrapped several times in bubble wrap, they did cut the wrap, but the bottle wasn’t taken fully out, so they didn’t smell the oud, they just saw it was a bottle and passed it.

Hope your pkg. arrives soon.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Ordered some “Tigray” frankincense resin. Cheap stuff but I’m looking for that church after-scent that Tigray is said to deliver.

Joshua Riding

Utter...
Lovely oils from Farid and great service as usual [emoji3059]

13aa33aed5c61547f6268ef96782078b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJayB

True Ouddict
Waiting on some sinking Quang Binh and Nah Trang chips from Vietnam. Really love the VIET wood from OudwoodVietnam.
Service is always amazing and quality is consistent with price and she offers select woods that are not on the website if you ask

channelzero

Just Arrived
Crime & Punishment inbound. Looking forward to the pre order bonuses as well. Based on the single review I found on basenotes, expecting it to be stellar!

Package arrived a few weeks back.

I've only sprayed on 3 occasions, but I very much enjoy this fragrance, and especially enjoyable during isolation - this is not 'general' crowd pleaser. My children like it though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The musk is very evident throughout. It shares likeness to EO2, but different enough to distinguish between them. The red note I kept reading about was on full force in the initial spray, and not something I found in EO2. It was fantastic.

Whiffs of pepper here, a bit of cumin there. The silage is loud, especially in the cold (for me at least).

I may get an EDP for perpetual use, but I'm going to let this Pure Parfum rest for a while and return to it every now and then to see how it matures.

Overall, I'd consider this a masterpiece of a fragrance.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Got something coming from faridoux! It’s his Oud with “sheesha” in the name -no longer listed so I can’t refresh my memory. Really looking forward to trying this out. My expectation based on the oud he shared with me in the past is that it will be excellent

I waited tomorrow to ship all :thumbsup:.
Last package via normal post took 4 days to reach customer in Germany so it looks faster in that period :eek: !