ChicagoOudh

Just Arrived
Hello everyone!

I am ChicagoOudh, obviously, from Chicago USA. I have heard about this forum before but I am new to this forum, I have never used it in any capacity. I am also new to oudh in the sense of sourcing quality oudh. I look at A LOT of oudhs on line just drooling and dreaming to purchase. I am always very suspicious though if it is quality product or not, that is part of the reason why I joined this forum to help me cite quality oudh.

I do have an attar craze but just to give you an idea of where I am with oudhs:

My first oudh purchase was Oudh Al Mubarak from Swiss Arabian ($35/US on Amazon) which I loved.

I purchased a couple of oudh from RigtheousScents on Ebay and those were good. I got Oudh Alfayn from him, Dahn Al Oudh Maliki Swiss Arabian (which was excellent), he sent me an oudh light synthetic as a gift but had told me it was synthetic.

I recently purchased Honey Oudh from Al Minar on Ebay because I am in the search for this honey thick dark sweet oudh that my teacher had when I was a kid. The story behind that and my 1st introduction to oudh was when I was younger my teacher would send me to get oil changes on his car. In his car he kept a bottle of this dark honey thick attar, it was a very sweet smelling long lasting oudh. I loved that smell and I am still searching for that oudh.

I purchased Dahn Al Oudh Cambodi Al Haramain from Ebay and though now I like it I initially did not like it and never wore it. But only now a year later I am getting used to the fecal opening. It is a nice aromatic smell but not the honey thick dark sweet oudh I am looking for.

It is possible I have found that oudh I am looking for here: https://dearmusk.com/collections/he...ssam-oudh-oud-3ml-15yrs-old-aged-matured-3ml#

If you are familiar with the oudh I am describing please shoot me a message and direct me to it!

So I am happy to be here on this forum and looking forward to learning about oudh from you all.

Mr.P

oud<3er
You are on the verge of discovering much much better oud than what you mention here! The Swiss Arabian and al haramain... let’s just say you have a lot to look forward to.

i haven’t heard of that vendor before - hope you get a great oil. Imperial Oud and Al Shareef Oud both have really nice Assam / Hindi oud oils that are worth checking out!

Last edited:

Christopher Houston

Oud Beginner
Hey, I have been on here for a few, but never really utilized the site. I have only recently started learning about the various regions, types, genres of Oud. Oud luwak was actually what drew me into trying more Oud oils, but I have loved darker Oud based scents for a while now. Synthetic Oud just wasn't enough. While I am here I would like to ask if anyone knows where this is from based on handwriting? Thanks

I would like to be able to label it if I can figure out if a certain perfumers writes like this (long shot I know)

Attachments

• IMG_20191008_184232.jpg
    IMG_20191008_184232.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 357

Christopher Houston

Oud Beginner
That's a new one to me. Very neat handwriting though! Where did you get it from?

A member here actually sold it to me on Facebook. It's good, little barny but not overly, lasts for quite some time. He could not recall details and was unsure how old it is as well. It's not a huge deal if I don't figure it out, it's been interesting tracking down everything I received. Many were RBO and thought maybe this was Ish's handwriting but didn't want to bug him more than I did ordering from him recently.

A member here actually sold it to me on Facebook. It's good, little barny but not overly, lasts for quite some time. He could not recall details and was unsure how old it is as well. It's not a huge deal if I don't figure it out, it's been interesting tracking down everything I received. Many were RBO and thought maybe this was Ish's handwriting but didn't want to bug him more than I did ordering from him recently.
It doesn’t look like Ish’s handwriting.

sío

Noudle
Oh somehow didn't see this thread.

Hello - I've been here for nearly a week, and have been enjoying the discussions and general atmosphere enormously. It feels like a haven of gentleness.

Only discovered the forum whilst trying to find out a little bit more about oudh, following an impulse purchase, first of bakhoor and then of an oud/civet blend offered by the same vendor. I feel more like someone who has fallen head over heels in love, rather than merely appreciating beauty.

So, umm, thank you :)

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Oh somehow didn't see this thread.

Hello - I've been here for nearly a week, and have been enjoying the discussions and general atmosphere enormously. It feels like a haven of gentleness.

Only discovered the forum whilst trying to find out a little bit more about oudh, following an impulse purchase, first of bakhoor and then of an oud/civet blend offered by the same vendor. I feel more like someone who has fallen head over heels in love, rather than merely appreciating beauty.

So, umm, thank you :)
Welcome, welcome, respected sio!

Well, the alphabet after s is typed as i by respected Kabir and I myself, but that doesn't seem to be i actually.

Noudle :thumbsup:

Joshua Riding

Utter...
Hello all. I have recently found the wonderful world of oud. I bought Oud Yusuf found if wasn't strong on me and was slightly put off. I now have ensars Tigerwood Royale on the way, a smokey Sri Lankan oud and Yaqoot (deer musk and oud combo). Will soon be buying Tigerwood 95 Turath (attar) and Oud Sultani. I have Steven Sproat to thank for opening my eyes to the world of Aoud.