Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am quite new to the world of oud oil. I've learned that it's a fascinatingly complex world! A bit overwhelming to someone like me who wants to learn everything at once and do it right. ☺️ I look forward to sitting quietly in the corner and observing the knowledge and, maybe one day, be able to pass some on. Thanks for having me.
 
Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am quite new to the world of oud oil. I've learned that it's a fascinatingly complex world! A bit overwhelming to someone like me who wants to learn everything at once and do it right. ☺️ I look forward to sitting quietly in the corner and observing the knowledge and, maybe one day, be able to pass some on. Thanks for having me.
You are welcome
 
Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am quite new to the world of oud oil. I've learned that it's a fascinatingly complex world! A bit overwhelming to someone like me who wants to learn everything at once and do it right. ☺️ I look forward to sitting quietly in the corner and observing the knowledge and, maybe one day, be able to pass some on. Thanks for having me.
Nice yo have you @quendu. You seem like a nice, humble man. Great to have you here!!!
 
Hello everyone, I’m Faris & I’m from New Delhi, India. I had joined here mid 2023 but never formally introduced myself.
I am 26. Got into perfumes at 24 & shifted to naturals (especially Oud) by 25.
My hobbies are playing cricket & football.
I have a keen interest in physics (especially cosmology & particle physics)
I enjoy bike riding & I am a leather enthusiast & a denim head as well.
 
Hello!
I'm getting into the realm of aromatics at this point in my life. I am coming from the gongfu tea crowd, but I have accumulated such a stash of tea that if I drink 8 grams a day, it will last the next decade...so I decided to put my collector energy somewhere else!
I started with Shoyeido incense and the name KyaraZen kept popping up in my research; eventually, that led me to Kangiiten where I got some of their Hastidvipa. It was love at first smell. I am joining this community to learn more about oud, attar, and incense.
I look forward to getting to know everyone better!
 
Hello!
I'm getting into the realm of aromatics at this point in my life. I am coming from the gongfu tea crowd, but I have accumulated such a stash of tea that if I drink 8 grams a day, it will last the next decade...so I decided to put my collector energy somewhere else!
I started with Shoyeido incense and the name KyaraZen kept popping up in my research; eventually, that led me to Kangiiten where I got some of their Hastidvipa. It was love at first smell. I am joining this community to learn more about oud, attar, and incense.
I look forward to getting to know everyone better!
Welcome 🙂 I'm the same way with out oils and wood! 😒🤣
 
Hello everyone, thanks for having me in the community. I represent one of the only sustainably cultivated agarwood plantations in Myanmar. We currently have 5 plantations acorss the country all the way up into the himalayan areas of Kachin state. We're committed to sustainable sourcing and ensuring every piece of agarwood is used meaningfully, no matter the grade. Please feel free to DM me to learn more about what we do!
Cheers
 
Hello everyone, thanks for having me in the community. I represent one of the only sustainably cultivated agarwood plantations in Myanmar. We currently have 5 plantations acorss the country all the way up into the himalayan areas of Kachin state. We're committed to sustainable sourcing and ensuring every piece of agarwood is used meaningfully, no matter the grade. Please feel free to DM me to learn more about what we do!
Cheers
you are welcomed. however, please don't treat Ouddict as a marketing place.
just in case you forgot to read the automated welcome message, check this out.

IMPORTANT NOTICE IF YOU ARE A VENDOR OR TRADER - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE, OTHERWISE IT MAY RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN
In order to provide you with appropriate information and services on how the Ouddict Community can best serve you and to allocate the correct membership level, please contact the forum owner - this is NOT optional. If you are a trader or a vendor, send confirmation of this using the private messaging service, or reply to this message @Ouddict Thank you.
 
you are welcomed. however, please don't treat Ouddict as a marketing place.
just in case you forgot to read the automated welcome message, check this out.

IMPORTANT NOTICE IF YOU ARE A VENDOR OR TRADER - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE, OTHERWISE IT MAY RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN
In order to provide you with appropriate information and services on how the Ouddict Community can best serve you and to allocate the correct membership level, please contact the forum owner - this is NOT optional. If you are a trader or a vendor, send confirmation of this using the private messaging service, or reply to this message @Ouddict Thank you.
Thank you. I will keep this in mind.
I am not trying to use the forum as a direct market place, but hope I can learn a thing or two about market places or tips within the agarwood industry?
Where does the line get drawn?
 
Thank you. I will keep this in mind.
I am not trying to use the forum as a direct market place, but hope I can learn a thing or two about market places or tips within the agarwood industry?
Where does the line get drawn?
Thanks for asking. Contact me directly and I’ll explain the rules 😊
 
Salaamun Alaikum everyone and greetings from the UK! I'm here to learn more about oud.
I only discovered natural perfumery about 4 months ago, having worn synthetics all my life. Needless to say it's been a revelation!

There is no way back for me now and I've sold most of my previously cherished collection as I find them physically revolting!

Oud Yusuf PP, Iris Ghalia and Private Blend are the scents that started me off on this journey.

My first oud oil was Oud Yaqoub which I got my nose on exactly one month ago, having no previous experience of smelling an oud oil neat.

So far I have only experienced a handful of oud oils and attars. The experience can be described as spiritual. I am discovering characteristics which previously meant nothing to me. I have likes and dislikes, but then some dislikes turning into likes after some time.

I'm also beginning to understand profiles which vary based on wood, region, distillation process, age and I'm sure much more.

Shout out to brother Rezwan and brother Obada; two wonderful souls for their guidance and encouragement.
 
Salaamun Alaikum everyone and greetings from the UK! I'm here to learn more about oud.
I only discovered natural perfumery about 4 months ago, having worn synthetics all my life. Needless to say it's been a revelation!

There is no way back for me now and I've sold most of my previously cherished collection as I find them physically revolting!

Oud Yusuf PP, Iris Ghalia and Private Blend are the scents that started me off on this journey.

My first oud oil was Oud Yaqoub which I got my nose on exactly one month ago, having no previous experience of smelling an oud oil neat.

So far I have only experienced a handful of oud oils and attars. The experience can be described as spiritual. I am discovering characteristics which previously meant nothing to me. I have likes and dislikes, but then some dislikes turning into likes after some time.

I'm also beginning to understand profiles which vary based on wood, region, distillation process, age and I'm sure much more.

Shout out to brother Rezwan and brother Obada; two wonderful souls for their guidance and encouragement.
Waalaikumsalam
You are welcome
 
Hi Everyone! Sorry for the late introduction.

My name's Alex and I am the owner of TheAgarwoodShop(TAS Fragrance) from Hong Kong, the harbour of fragrance.

I am an Agarwood and Kynam lover and user who has been brought up in an Agarwood environment. I specialize in Agarwood and Kynam products from incense products to durable accessories products.

Nice to meet you all and looking to share what I have with everyone!
 
Hi Everyone! Sorry for the late introduction.

My name's Alex and I am the owner of TheAgarwoodShop(TAS Fragrance) from Hong Kong, the harbour of fragrance.

I am an Agarwood and Kynam lover and user who has been brought up in an Agarwood environment. I specialize in Agarwood and Kynam products from incense products to durable accessories products.

Nice to meet you all and looking to share what I have with everyone!
Hello Alex, it is Kris from Etsy (the person you're holding 0.4g od kynam for). I am excited to have you here as a vendor!!!! Much love to you sir and I can't wait to see what products you have to sell 😊.
 
Hallo zusammen 😊
Ich bin Matt aus dem Teutoburger Wald in Deutschland und neu hier. Danke, dass ich Teil dieser wunderbaren Community sein kann. Vor über 10 Jahren hatte ich den ersten Kontakt mit Weihrauch. Ich habe viel über die Boswellia-Familie gelernt. Ungefähr zwei Jahre später roch ich zum ersten Mal in meinem Leben Oud. Es war Liebe von der ersten Minute an. Ich bin ein Glückspilz, denn ein guter Freund ist Weihrauch- und Oud-Verkäufer. So lernte ich Oud und Oud-Öle kennen. Aber die Welt des Oud ist groß und komplex, und ich habe noch viel zu lernen. Deshalb bin ich froh, hier zu sein. 🙂 Seit 6 Jahren destilliere ich Weihrauchöle mit meiner speziellen Kupferdestillieranlage. Meine Technik zur Herstellung hochwertiger Weihrauchöle ist sehr speziell. Aber das ist eine andere Sache...
Meine Lieblings-Ouds sind Merauke und Hindi, und mein aktuelles Lieblingsöl ist ein Ahome Surpreme aus Assam, destilliert 1964. Aber ich mag auch grünes Malay, Merauke-Öle und süße Thai-Öle.

Matt from the Teutoburger Woods 😊
 
Salam wa alaykum and greetings from the U.K.

After years of using synthetic/designer fragrances, I have recently discovered this site while looking for authentic musk and oud, and I hope to increase my knowledge and to share my experiences with helpful and like minded members here.
 
Top