Waalaikumsalam Bayoud
Happy to see you here

I have been blessed to visit @mesOUD at his place see him in person. I was travelling by car and once I found out I can make a detour and see him in person I asked if he would accept me as a guest which he agreed to, This planned short visit of an hour maximum ended up being over 5 hours. His hospitality and sharing of knowledge was amazing. That night I was not able to sleep because my brain was not able to shut off from all the different smells and experiences. This was an opportunity for me to see and smell the raw ingredients, everything from Ambergris, civet musk, tonka beans, musk pod, tar (juniper) and the list goes on and on... The passion that most resident artisans have for their hobby/work can be clearly seen in their writings on this forum, but seeing this in person with brother Mesoud was an added experience.

One thing I appreciated the most was his approach to life and how this reflects on everything he does. Even if I think I want to buy something, he would tell me to try it on a different day on its own, think about it and take the time to consider the purchase. Every drop of these beautiful creations is precious. Time has been involved in every step, along with lots of consideration, experience and knowledge. The least I can do is give it the same respect of time and thought. This has been a valuable lesson that I have taken to heart. Thank you once again @mesOUD
 
I have been blessed to visit @mesOUD at his place see him in person. I was travelling by car and once I found out I can make a detour and see him in person I asked if he would accept me as a guest which he agreed to, This planned short visit of an hour maximum ended up being over 5 hours. His hospitality and sharing of knowledge was amazing. That night I was not able to sleep because my brain was not able to shut off from all the different smells and experiences. This was an opportunity for me to see and smell the raw ingredients, everything from Ambergris, civet musk, tonka beans, musk pod, tar (juniper) and the list goes on and on... The passion that most resident artisans have for their hobby/work can be clearly seen in their writings on this forum, but seeing this in person with brother Mesoud was an added experience.

One thing I appreciated the most was his approach to life and how this reflects on everything he does. Even if I think I want to buy something, he would tell me to try it on a different day on its own, think about it and take the time to consider the purchase. Every drop of these beautiful creations is precious. Time has been involved in every step, along with lots of consideration, experience and knowledge. The least I can do is give it the same respect of time and thought. This has been a valuable lesson that I have taken to heart. Thank you once again @mesOUD
What an experience!! Am pretty jealous, sounds like an amazing time hanging out with a very kind & friendly person.
 
I have been blessed to visit @mesOUD at his place see him in person. I was travelling by car and once I found out I can make a detour and see him in person I asked if he would accept me as a guest which he agreed to, This planned short visit of an hour maximum ended up being over 5 hours. His hospitality and sharing of knowledge was amazing. That night I was not able to sleep because my brain was not able to shut off from all the different smells and experiences. This was an opportunity for me to see and smell the raw ingredients, everything from Ambergris, civet musk, tonka beans, musk pod, tar (juniper) and the list goes on and on... The passion that most resident artisans have for their hobby/work can be clearly seen in their writings on this forum, but seeing this in person with brother Mesoud was an added experience.

One thing I appreciated the most was his approach to life and how this reflects on everything he does. Even if I think I want to buy something, he would tell me to try it on a different day on its own, think about it and take the time to consider the purchase. Every drop of these beautiful creations is precious. Time has been involved in every step, along with lots of consideration, experience and knowledge. The least I can do is give it the same respect of time and thought. This has been a valuable lesson that I have taken to heart. Thank you once again @mesOUD
You are welcome dear brother,even i am not a social person(means bored to talk after 10 minutes) it was an amazing 5 hours with you and enjoyed every second.Hope to see you again once you visit Turkey
 
Hello everyone. I recently decided it was time to update my scents and it has turned into a journey of learning many things about perfumery (still beginner obviously). I have become very curious about the many scents I have not experienced and find the effects that scents have on our behavior to be fascinating. I recently made my first purchase, 0.4 g of Tibetan deer musk grains and began tincturing yesterday. I also plan on buying some animalic samplers (civet, castoreum, ambergris), jasmine, rose, sandalwood, agarwood, and others. I hope to at least learn the pallet of smells that I've heard so much about, particularly on the erogenous side of things, learn what I want from a fragrance, and perhaps try my hand at mixing a few of my own scents.
 
Hello everyone. I recently decided it was time to update my scents and it has turned into a journey of learning many things about perfumery (still beginner obviously). I have become very curious about the many scents I have not experienced and find the effects that scents have on our behavior to be fascinating. I recently made my first purchase, 0.4 g of Tibetan deer musk grains and began tincturing yesterday. I also plan on buying some animalic samplers (civet, castoreum, ambergris), jasmine, rose, sandalwood, agarwood, and others. I hope to at least learn the pallet of smells that I've heard so much about, particularly on the erogenous side of things, learn what I want from a fragrance, and perhaps try my hand at mixing a few of my own scents.
sounds great, keep us informed of your learnings & blends! Welcome to the forum
 
Greetings from Berlin, Germany to all the Ouddicts, I am a passionate Oud enthusiast for the last 26 years - since my first, and luckily amazing encounter with Oud oil, and a professional connoseur of fine natural aromatics for over 30 years - with experence both in the Aroma-Industry and Academy (was teaching Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy) - all that in the past careers. These day I create bespoke personal perfumes (individual, fit-in-person, single bottle, glamorously luxurious) and for that I consume only the finest ingredients available, Oud reigning supreme among many other fragrant wonders of Nature - I love them all. I consider myself lucky to experience a luxury of the finest Ouds
I am a 'global kid' - lived through my life in 6 different countries on 3 continents; and like to think of myself as 'a Renaissance man' - an educated polymath with passions for the world of Art, Culture, History and Science. And just to clarify - I do not sell anything online. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Greetings from Berlin, Germany to all the Ouddicts, I am a passionate Oud enthusiast for the last 26 years - since my first, and luckily amazing encounter with Oud oil, and a professional connoseur of fine natural aromatics for over 30 years - with experence both in the Aroma-Industry and Academy (was teaching Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy) - all that in the past careers. These day I create bespoke personal perfumes (individual, fit-in-person, single bottle, glamorously luxurious) and for that I consume only the finest ingredients available, Oud reigning supreme among many other fragrant wonders of Nature - I love them all. I consider myself lucky to experience a luxury of the finest Ouds
I am a 'global kid' - lived through my life in 6 different countries on 3 continents; and like to think of myself as 'a Renaissance man' - an educated polymath with passions for the world of Art, Culture, History and Science. And just to clarify - I do not sell anything online. 🙂
Nice to meet you, Kai 😀
 
Greetings from Berlin, Germany to all the Ouddicts, I am a passionate Oud enthusiast for the last 26 years - since my first, and luckily amazing encounter with Oud oil, and a professional connoseur of fine natural aromatics for over 30 years - with experence both in the Aroma-Industry and Academy (was teaching Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy) - all that in the past careers. These day I create bespoke personal perfumes (individual, fit-in-person, single bottle, glamorously luxurious) and for that I consume only the finest ingredients available, Oud reigning supreme among many other fragrant wonders of Nature - I love them all. I consider myself lucky to experience a luxury of the finest Ouds
I am a 'global kid' - lived through my life in 6 different countries on 3 continents; and like to think of myself as 'a Renaissance man' - an educated polymath with passions for the world of Art, Culture, History and Science. And just to clarify - I do not sell anything online. 🙂
Good to see ya here, Kai !
 
Hello!
I'm Eva, I'm from the United States; I have been soaping and formulating my own skin/ hair care and cosmetics for several years and have just begun to take the plunge into natural perfumery. I'm very excited to be on this journey and part of this enriching forum! Thank you so much for all your efforts and collections, I look forward to traveling this road with you all!
 
Hi @evalove, enjoy your stay. You can definitely find a few things to add to your comsetics. If you need ideas, you can start a thread in "Ask The Community" section, or elsewhere if appropriate.
 
Hello everyone,

I’m thrilled to have discovered this incredible community! My journey here began while searching for reputable online suppliers of musk pods. The positive reviews on this platform greatly influenced my decision to make a purchase, and I am grateful for the insights provided.

I am a collector of Oud, possessing various types sourced from different suppliers. The crown jewel of my collection is Oud that dates back to the 1980s, which holds a special place in my heart.

Residing in Saudi Arabia, I am immersed in a culture rich in heritage and tradition, especially when it comes to Oud.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
 
Hi guys. I just joined, having lurked and read various interesting posts beforehand. I got my love for perfume years ago and then later discovered Oud about 15 yrs ag when I lived in Doha. Still love it, but am basically a complete amateur compared to most of you guys! Anyway, thanks for having me!
 
Hi guys. I just joined, having lurked and read various interesting posts beforehand. I got my love for perfume years ago and then later discovered Oud about 15 yrs ag when I lived in Doha. Still love it, but am basically a complete amateur compared to most of you guys! Anyway, thanks for having me!
Welcome
 
Hi from Denmark

My name is August, im from Denmark
and I’m very passionate about incense. Agarwood and sandalwood.

I started collecting a year ago and it seems I just can’t stop
I’m also slowly getting into oils and can’t wait to share my experiences with everyone and learn even more about oud😊
 
Top