apology for that. My intention was to introduce Malaysia oud but if my message falls under the commercial activity then let me know who should i speak to about annual fee?

thank you.
 
I have spoken to adrieent and it was a pleasant conversation and he is knowledgeable about sustainable agarwood initiatives and the industry in general. We will be focusing on sustainable agarwood initiatives over the next few years and projects like this are welcome to join the forum under a different category as they are not vendors selling artisanal oud oils, but they need to be represented. Hopefully adrieent can speak to his management and join for 2024.
 
Hi, my name is Boom. I have been reading discussions about oud oil in this forum for a long and just decided to join as a member. I started my oud oil journey with @Immortaloud and now exploring lots of the options in the market. Because of this forum, I am able to make sure all of the transactions with the registered vendors and explore new artisanal oils~

Today, I just ordered Nha Trang Ko from @YusaAromatics after reading some reviews. Looking forward to receiving the oil!
 
Hi, my name is Boom. I have been reading discussions about oud oil in this forum for a long and just decided to join as a member. I started my oud oil journey with @Immortaloud and now exploring lots of the options in the market. Because of this forum, I am able to make sure all of the transactions with the registered vendors and explore new artisanal oils~

Today, I just ordered Nha Trang Ko from @YusaAromatics after reading some reviews. Looking forward to receiving the oil!
Welcome to aboard Boom
 
Welcome to the forum @Anass! And welcome back @Flowerq26! Some new names in the vendor landscape, especially in the UK, some on-forum distillations going on, but otherwise I think the quality's been maintained since you were last on, granted I wasn't here way back then, but piecing together from what I've read!
 
Well met, everyone. Call me Ara.

I’ve been lurking and learning about oud and perfumery here for the past month or so, and with the encouragement of @RisingPhoenix I decided to join after waxing lyrical about my journey to this point down the rabbit hole.

I’m a professional sommelier, alumni of culinary school, amateur chemistry buff with a love for the periodic elements, honey collector, wine collector, annual Japan traveler, and so much more. The culmination of several of my hobbies has taken me through an olfactory exploration that’s led me to this newfound love—perhaps it’s the quintessential calling I’ve been chasing for so long, and I’m very happy to have found this niche.

Admittedly, for all my life I was convinced I was allergic to perfumes and fragrances, and wrote them off as something I’d never go near; namely sensitive skin and allergic reactions to many scents put into detergents, cheap shampoos, and let’s not even talk about the gauntlet of death walking through the perfume department of a Macy’s on my way into a mall (Americans, you surely know what I mean). It wasn’t until this past couple years, traveling through Japan and encountering the many beautiful temples, did I notice that I wasn’t bothered by the incense smoke wafting on the breeze, even up close, the enormous censer at Sensouji Temple met me with a gentle, uplifting haze of kind scent that hung on me like a warm hug. Neither watery eyes, nor a runny nose—still, I tread cautiously in case it was a fluke.

Upon returning home, with a small sampling of appealing incenses I picked within the walls of these temples, did I introduce them into my daily routines. “These are nice… this is nice.” I’d proclaim, smiling and enjoying the scent. For so long, I’d encountered only cheap, overly strong sticks friends burned in their homes that were full of junk that made me choke up. This was different, and I was curious now… what was in these that gave me respite from my typical, allergic recoil? Agarwood, sandalwood, naturally derived florals and spices; nothing fake, nothing artificial, at least not to my knowledg, and my sinuses are often the first to alert me to something on the air, breaking into hives as I walk past a Yankee Candle shop.

I wanted to know more about these building blocks, these elements of scent in the dimension of Japanese aromatics—where do they come from? Ah! Google searches led me to other uses for these ingredients. Etsy had a lovely roster of individuals from which to purchase and sample these newly discovered and curious woods and oils. Maison Anthony Marmin hooked me first, and I’ve been enjoying his attars. Uncle Kai and KyaraShrine delivered pure and intense visions of ultra beautiful oils and incenses. AmeenOud (I’ve read the several posts about him) delivered some delightful, simple distillates to compare and contrast with the others. Rising Phoenix sent me the scent of rain in a bottle, an aroma I’ve been chasing all my life. I was hooked, I was watching hours of videos a day, and I was ready to get involved. I brought my new love to share with my colleagues at my wine shop, and I have them excited now as well.

So, here I am. I’m eager to learn more, try new things, and get my nose into everyone’s business. 😀
 
Well met, everyone. Call me Ara.

I’ve been lurking and learning about oud and perfumery here for the past month or so, and with the encouragement of @RisingPhoenix I decided to join after waxing lyrical about my journey to this point down the rabbit hole.

I’m a professional sommelier, alumni of culinary school, amateur chemistry buff with a love for the periodic elements, honey collector, wine collector, annual Japan traveler, and so much more. The culmination of several of my hobbies has taken me through an olfactory exploration that’s led me to this newfound love—perhaps it’s the quintessential calling I’ve been chasing for so long, and I’m very happy to have found this niche.

Admittedly, for all my life I was convinced I was allergic to perfumes and fragrances, and wrote them off as something I’d never go near; namely sensitive skin and allergic reactions to many scents put into detergents, cheap shampoos, and let’s not even talk about the gauntlet of death walking through the perfume department of a Macy’s on my way into a mall (Americans, you surely know what I mean). It wasn’t until this past couple years, traveling through Japan and encountering the many beautiful temples, did I notice that I wasn’t bothered by the incense smoke wafting on the breeze, even up close, the enormous censer at Sensouji Temple met me with a gentle, uplifting haze of kind scent that hung on me like a warm hug. Neither watery eyes, nor a runny nose—still, I tread cautiously in case it was a fluke.

Upon returning home, with a small sampling of appealing incenses I picked within the walls of these temples, did I introduce them into my daily routines. “These are nice… this is nice.” I’d proclaim, smiling and enjoying the scent. For so long, I’d encountered only cheap, overly strong sticks friends burned in their homes that were full of junk that made me choke up. This was different, and I was curious now… what was in these that gave me respite from my typical, allergic recoil? Agarwood, sandalwood, naturally derived florals and spices; nothing fake, nothing artificial, at least not to my knowledg, and my sinuses are often the first to alert me to something on the air, breaking into hives as I walk past a Yankee Candle shop.

I wanted to know more about these building blocks, these elements of scent in the dimension of Japanese aromatics—where do they come from? Ah! Google searches led me to other uses for these ingredients. Etsy had a lovely roster of individuals from which to purchase and sample these newly discovered and curious woods and oils. Maison Anthony Marmin hooked me first, and I’ve been enjoying his attars. Uncle Kai and KyaraShrine delivered pure and intense visions of ultra beautiful oils and incenses. AmeenOud (I’ve read the several posts about him) delivered some delightful, simple distillates to compare and contrast with the others. Rising Phoenix sent me the scent of rain in a bottle, an aroma I’ve been chasing all my life. I was hooked, I was watching hours of videos a day, and I was ready to get involved. I brought my new love to share with my colleagues at my wine shop, and I have them excited now as well.

So, here I am. I’m eager to learn more, try new things, and get my nose into everyone’s business. 😀
Wine and Incense feels very familiar … almost like the Tea / Incense pairings in the East.

Keep it up !!
 
Salamu alaykum and greetings to all,

Please call me Bayoud.

I have been following the posts and reading threads on this forum for over a year. I have made purchases from multiple of the resident artisans and decided it is time I join the discussion.

Thank you all for sharing your valuable knowledge and creating a platform for open and constructive discussions.
 
Salamu alaykum and greetings to all,

Please call me Bayoud.

I have been following the posts and reading threads on this forum for over a year. I have made purchases from multiple of the resident artisans and decided it is time I join the discussion.

Thank you all for sharing your valuable knowledge and creating a platform for open and constructive discussions.
Waalaikumsalam Bayoud
Happy to see you here
 
Top