Hello
I'm not new to natural fragrance, but the aloeswood world has shifted. I had a small AT business for a few years in the early 2000s, which included a bit of natural perfumery. After I closed up shop I eventually drifted away from the AT world. When I was really involved in AT, oud oil was uncommon in the US. I only smelled one distillation from a trustworthy source. I largely got to know aloeswood and kyara though a bit of Mon-Koh, and from Japanese incense.

I recently started meditating more and got back into incense; however, some days I don't want smoke. The smokeless incenses I've tried are thin. I tracked down a Kangiiten warmer and was pleasantly surprised when I warmed a chip of the green shin kyara aloeswood that came with the heater on it. Searching info on shin kyara brought me here. The whole post-CITES world of cultivated aloeswood is new to me. I'm interested in learning more about what's out there.
The world has changed quite a bit. In part due to the internet and businesses and better access all around.

The internet has cracked open a lot of industries. Look at tea, coffee, whiskey, or any number of other industries. eBay even. And Amazon.

20 years ago this was all nearly unimaginable. And compared to 30 years ago? Whole different world!

Welcome aboard to all the fun!
 
Hi all,
New to the forum here, although I've been observing for a while. I landed here after experiencing real oud oil and what I think are some good attars. I was so enamored that I said to myself, "I can make that," and so my journey into perfumery began. I have been experimenting with making different tinctures and accords, and am in the process of setting up an online shop to see if I'm able to sell some of my creations, hoping for some positive feedback, lol. I would love to get into distilling some material, but don't have the necessary equipment as of yet. Wish me luck.
 
Hi all,
New to the forum here, although I've been observing for a while. I landed here after experiencing real oud oil and what I think are some good attars. I was so enamored that I said to myself, "I can make that," and so my journey into perfumery began. I have been experimenting with making different tinctures and accords, and am in the process of setting up an online shop to see if I'm able to sell some of my creations, hoping for some positive feedback, lol. I would love to get into distilling some material, but don't have the necessary equipment as of yet. Wish me luck.
Welcome and good luck
 
Hi all,
New to the forum here, although I've been observing for a while. I landed here after experiencing real oud oil and what I think are some good attars. I was so enamored that I said to myself, "I can make that," and so my journey into perfumery began. I have been experimenting with making different tinctures and accords, and am in the process of setting up an online shop to see if I'm able to sell some of my creations, hoping for some positive feedback, lol. I would love to get into distilling some material, but don't have the necessary equipment as of yet. Wish me luck.
Welcome , tinctures and extractions are fun and distilling is to! Good luck and go for it !
What part of Calli? We have a Bay Area group
 
Not that I know of , when I lived In SD I worked at seedless clothing co in OB and had no idea what oud was 🤣😆
🤣Seedless is still in OB, how long ago did you live in SD? Next time your group meets up for an Oud distillation I may shoot up there just to learn some stuff, as I don't know much other than brewing some beer and having a culinary background, which I guess is better than nothing. LMK!
 
I am a Clinical aromatherapist. I know a lot about frankincense, including the fact that I wrote a book about it. I have an online store where I sell the resin and products i make, what is in wholesale and retail but I also educate people on how to use the resin.. my specialty in aromatherapy is working with Hospice. I also make natural perfume using the resins. Joseph Delapp who is a colleague and friend introduce me to here, and I am always looking to learn new things. I am looking around to see what kind of forearm you are and to understand it better.
 
Welcome to the forum Robin! So many super fascinating things in your introduction, having written a book on Frankincense, I feel a close spiritual affinity to tree resins, but also working as an aromatherapist in hospice! What sort of challenges do you face when introducing combinations for your clients there? I've heard that one's sense of smell decays as one gets older (one of things I remind myself when delaying purchases), and I assume subtler smells might not land the same way as in those mixtures. Have you had any experience in retraining peoples' sense of smell (I heard that was a things some folks needed after recovering from corona) ?

How do you handle the cultural differences when working with clients, assuming a culturally diverse client base? I imagine fumigating with frankincense for someone of Omani or Somali heritage would be completely normal, yet for the vast majority of the world it would be considerably more exotic. And lastly do you find people more open to aromatics they've not experienced in their younger lives, or not really interested by them? I'm recalling the South Asian grandpas who'd walk around with a force field of Khus 😅.

Okay I lied, I have one more question, do you have combinations of resins that you've found beneficial for the different life states people find themselves in? And would you recommend these are burnables or liquid perfume ?
 
Dear Oud lovers,

My Name is Emre and I am from Germany. (Originally from turkey)I am 25 years old and a Student.

Three years ago I got a tiny tiny sample of Tigerwood Royale, with my order. At first sniff I didnt like it at al.



But after revisiting a year or so later i kind of liked it (I didn’t know exactly what is was 😅).

Slowly it grew on me. I started to search what it was and where the oil came from. And now I am slowly discovering oud. And now I am loving the scent profile. It is Malaysian oud

Over the years I have taken a keen interest in Artisan Perfumery.


That’s why I am soo thankful for this Forum and for all members who take their Time and give Information for free. The generosity and kindness in this forum is unparalleled.

I am at the beginning of my oud journey that’s why I have to do my research and take my time and read posts. Please excuse me but I apologize already for unpleasant or stupid questions that occur in the Future. I am just a humble 25 year old student who is eager to lern from experts.
Nevertheless I am thankful Alhamdulillah

I would like to meet with likeminded people and discuss.
Unfortunately there is no oud community in Germany that I have heard of.

I would love to sample oud oils.
Since I am student and don’t have a big Budget, I wanted to ask wich vendors you recommend to start with.

I have heard a lot of great things about Mehmet Abi from @mesOUD.


I have also heard good things about @Al Shareef Oudh , @Al Hashimi , @Aroma Sublime or @Hamza H from the attar store.

Like I said I appreciate every form of help. And otherwise If any of you need help with something feel free to ask me I will try my best 👍🏻


Kind regards

Emre
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Welcome
    image.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 143
Dear Oud lovers,

My Name is Emre and I am from Germany. (Originally from turkey)I am 25 years old and a Student.

Three years ago I got a tiny tiny sample of Tigerwood Royale, with my order. At first sniff I didnt like it at al.



But after revisiting a year or so later i kind of liked it (I didn’t know exactly what is was 😅).

Slowly it grew on me. I started to search what it was and where the oil came from. And now I am slowly discovering oud. And now I am loving the scent profile. It is Malaysian oud

Over the years I have taken a keen interest in Artisan Perfumery.


That’s why I am soo thankful for this Forum and for all members who take their Time and give Information for free. The generosity and kindness in this forum is unparalleled.

I am at the beginning of my oud journey that’s why I have to do my research and take my time and read posts. Please excuse me but I apologize already for unpleasant or stupid questions that occur in the Future. I am just a humble 25 year old student who is eager to lern from experts.
Nevertheless I am thankful Alhamdulillah

I would like to meet with likeminded people and discuss.
Unfortunately there is no oud community in Germany that I have heard of.

I would love to sample oud oils.
Since I am student and don’t have a big Budget, I wanted to ask wich vendors you recommend to start with.

I have heard a lot of great things about Mehmet Abi from @mesOUD.


I have also heard good things about @Al Shareef Oudh , @Al Hashimi , @Aroma Sublime or @Hamza H from the attar store.

Like I said I appreciate every form of help. And otherwise If any of you need help with something feel free to ask me I will try my best 👍🏻


Kind regards

Emre
Hoş geldin Emre
 
Welcome to the forum Emre! And starting with Tigerwood Royale is quite the benchmark to jump into this world with! Don't worry about asking silly questions, one can never learn if he's too arrogant to ask such questions, and not to mention everyone here is incredibly kind!
 
Welcome to the forum Emre! And starting with Tigerwood Royale is quite the benchmark to jump into this world with! Don't worry about asking silly questions, one can never learn if he's too arrogant to ask such questions, and not to mention everyone here is incredibly kind!
out of modesty , TR is not even 30 % of what meens benchmark in malay agarwood....very far from high grade malay.If you wanna name one Ensar crazy grade of malay is Kannah Koh, very far from it is Purple Kinam and 10000 miles TR 🙂
On topic welcome to the most amazing hobby brother , enjoy it !
 
Top