Dear Oud lovers,

My Name is Emre and I am from Germany. (Originally from turkey)I am 25 years old and a Student.

Three years ago I got a tiny tiny sample of Tigerwood Royale, with my order. At first sniff I didnt like it at al.



But after revisiting a year or so later i kind of liked it (I didn’t know exactly what is was 😅).

Slowly it grew on me. I started to search what it was and where the oil came from. And now I am slowly discovering oud. And now I am loving the scent profile. It is Malaysian oud

Over the years I have taken a keen interest in Artisan Perfumery.


That’s why I am soo thankful for this Forum and for all members who take their Time and give Information for free. The generosity and kindness in this forum is unparalleled.

I am at the beginning of my oud journey that’s why I have to do my research and take my time and read posts. Please excuse me but I apologize already for unpleasant or stupid questions that occur in the Future. I am just a humble 25 year old student who is eager to lern from experts.
Nevertheless I am thankful Alhamdulillah

I would like to meet with likeminded people and discuss.
Unfortunately there is no oud community in Germany that I have heard of.

I would love to sample oud oils.
Since I am student and don’t have a big Budget, I wanted to ask wich vendors you recommend to start with.

I have heard a lot of great things about Mehmet Abi from @mesOUD.


I have also heard good things about @Al Shareef Oudh , @Al Hashimi , @Aroma Sublime or @Hamza H from the attar store.

Like I said I appreciate every form of help. And otherwise If any of you need help with something feel free to ask me I will try my best 👍🏻


Kind regards

Emre
Allerzeits Willkommen 🙂
Pay attention to the facets and nuances that you like about the smell, not so much the region. Malay oils can be very diverse.
Enjoy the ride 👍🏼
 
Allerzeits Willkommen 🙂
Pay attention to the facets and nuances that you like about the smell, not so much the region. Malay oils can be very diverse.
Enjoy the ride 👍🏼
Thank you brother
Allerzeits Willkommen 🙂
Pay attention to the facets and nuances that you like about the smell, not so much the region. Malay oils can be very diverse.
Enjoy the ride 👍🏼
I will do my research 👍🏻
Thank you bro
 
Buenos días desde Granada, España.
Mi nombre es Manuel y me alegro de haber encontrado este foro para aprender de la comunidad. Encontré este foro buscando información sobre Flowers of the field V2 de Lost Tribe Parfums.
Saludos a todos.
 
Hello!
My name is Luke. My second post on Ouddict but thought I'd introduce myself so to speak as I've been here for a proverbial minute as a reader. I've purchased from many of the artisans over the years and consider myself a novice especially in the field of oud. I was introduced to Attar in my 20s (I just recently touched 50..) and fell in love with Ruh Khus, which has been a bit of a personal obsession and favorite over the years. Oud has become one as well. I'm interested in learning more about natural perfumery, especially oil based. I have studied Ayurveda and completed training in depth in the US and India in programs and Gurukula cohorts. Inspired by the tradition as well as modern science.
 
Hello!
My name is Luke. My second post on Ouddict but thought I'd introduce myself so to speak as I've been here for a proverbial minute as a reader. I've purchased from many of the artisans over the years and consider myself a novice especially in the field of oud. I was introduced to Attar in my 20s (I just recently touched 50..) and fell in love with Ruh Khus, which has been a bit of a personal obsession and favorite over the years. Oud has become one as well. I'm interested in learning more about natural perfumery, especially oil based. I have studied Ayurveda and completed training in depth in the US and India in programs and Gurukula cohorts. Inspired by the tradition as well as modern science.
You are welcome Luke,enjoy the forum,we can also learn from you about Ayuverda
 
Buenos días desde Granada, España.
Mi nombre es Manuel y me alegro de haber encontrado este foro para aprender de la comunidad. Encontré este foro buscando información sobre Flowers of the field V2 de Lost Tribe Parfums.
Saludos a todos.
welcome Manuel! hola desde la florida 🙂
 
Hello Oud lovers,
Im 33yo from Slovakia.
I really liked sniff different things as kid, mother perfumes as well. Its been some years since i started to exploring different genres, concepts, concentrations of perfumes, but i was never fully satisfied. I was thinking that oud is that stinky thing in arabian perfumes, but over time i change my perception about this topic. I tested discovery set from Feel oud brand and i feel i finally find the end of my perfume journey, but at the same time its whole new beggining. I think my senses can be satisfied with oud, but maybe my journey will change overtime or maybe i will became next one ouddict. Would like to find any recommendations where to continue with my journey a how to choose correctly my first oud oil/perfume/chips.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Bonjt! I know you'll have many more experiences that'll alter your perception of ingredients while you are here!

As to your question, reading through the forum a bit, you'll get a good idea of what's out there, if the discovery set you got from Feel Oud was oud oils you have a base to start from. Otherwise I'd point you to the resident artisans here, and specifically try to get some samples, they might not seem like a lot but a 0.2 gr sample can provide a lot of wearings. Just remember to keep the samples you don't enjoy initially, and come back to them after several weeks or a couple of months, and they might surprise you!
 
I agree - reading through the discussions like oud of the day or burn of the day to build up a sense of what kind of things are being discussed here, then, asking specific questions.

A shortcut is going to a trusted vendor and investing in a sample set. You can look in the vendor section to get a sense for what is available. I don’t feel comfortable or qualified to recommend one vendor over another among those who support this community - I believe they all have great products and a drive to offer the best they can based on their aesthetic. Above a certain tier, to me at least, it often comes down to personal preference, and the samplers will help keep you from purchasing larger bottle you regret.
 
Welcome to the forum Bonjt! I know you'll have many more experiences that'll alter your perception of ingredients while you are here!

As to your question, reading through the forum a bit, you'll get a good idea of what's out there, if the discovery set you got from Feel Oud was oud oils you have a base to start from. Otherwise I'd point you to the resident artisans here, and specifically try to get some samples, they might not seem like a lot but a 0.2 gr sample can provide a lot of wearings. Just remember to keep the samples you don't enjoy initially, and come back to them after several weeks or a couple of months, and they might surprise you!
Hello Ahmaoud, the samples were more like oud perfumes, i think they consist from 50% of oud oil (based on the video of Russian Adam speaking on Feel Oud youtube channel), the other 50% are other few ingredients. So they are not pure oud oils, but they have some of their webpage. Oud de grand from that sample i didnt like at the beginning, but i started to like it at third testing. Yes,it's good not to jump directly to conclusions and keep your eyes open.
 
Buenos días desde Granada, España.
Mi nombre es Manuel y me alegro de haber encontrado este foro para aprender de la comunidad. Encontré este foro buscando información sobre Flowers of the field V2 de Lost Tribe Parfums.
Saludos a todos.
hey brother feel free to message me with any questions you may have!
 
Hi all oud lover.

my name is Adrieent from Malaysia. Am here to network with like-minded oud enthusiastic. We are one of the leading sustainable ouds from Malaysia and have been in this industry since 2008. Our oil complies with IFRA (International Fragrance Association), EU Allergens standard, and many more to adhere to its quality and assurance.

At the moment we have a presence in Europe, Saudi Arabia, China, and Hong Kong. Our portfolio at the moment consists of A. Sinensis and A.Malacensis with a total of 142,000 matured trees and is expanding.

I would love to welcome members here who are visiting Malaysia soon to visit us 🙂

Get to know us better at:
Company profile
website


Some of our harvesting sites:
Harvesting site

IMG_4985.JPEG

Our hydro-distillation processing plant.


IMG_2698.JPEG

Our natural and sustainable agarwood chip grade A+ (certified by a third-party agarwood aromatic R&D center)


IMG_1957.JPG

Our resin formation with organic inoculant.
IMG_0324.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all oud lover.

my name is Adrieent from Malaysia. Am here to network with like-minded oud enthusiastic. We are one of the leading sustainable ouds from Malaysia and have been in this industry since 2008. Our oil complies with IFRA (International Fragrance Association), EU Allergens standard, and many more to adhere to its quality and assurance.

At the moment we have a presence in Europe, Saudi Arabia, China, and Hong Kong. Our portfolio at the moment consists of A. Sinensis and A.Malacensis with a total of 142,000 matured trees and is expanding.

I would love to welcome members here who are visiting Malaysia soon to visit us 🙂

Get to know us better at:
Company profile
website


Some of our harvesting sites:
Harvesting site

View attachment 32737
Our hydro-distillation processing plant.


View attachment 32738
Our natural and sustainable agarwood chip grade A+ (certified by a third-party agarwood aromatic R&D center)


View attachment 32736
Our resin formation with organic inoculant.View attachment 32739
※ Moderation Note
Welcome to the forum, @adrieent If you want to register as a trader, you need to let us know and please be aware that there is an annual fee.
Please feel free to use the forum as a member in the meantime but note that any commercial activity or marketing is strictly prohibited otherwise and can result in an immediate and permanent ban.
 
Top