Hello,
I am new member on here. been exploring the oud world for a couple of years now.
I currently live in San Jose, California.
Just in case anybody doesn't know yet, I like cake. Lol.
I started my career and an architect designing buildings, and somehow over the course of 20 years of learning and exploring, I now do devops for my day job. At night, I don't fight crime. I just blend ouds and oils as a hobby. Also, testing reception of what I am making, hopefully one day it becomes a way of living for me.
Blending notes is far more exciting than anything I've done before 🙂
Where in San Jose @3elkhaldi ! I live in San Jose too and I blend some oils and musks here n there.
We should meet up and talk oud!!
 
Welcome @harshabhat86! We have a Bay Area Oud group, you should join!
Hello,
I am new member on here. been exploring the oud world for a couple of years now.
I currently live in San Jose, California.
Just in case anybody doesn't know yet, I like cake. Lol.
I started my career and an architect designing buildings, and somehow over the course of 20 years of learning and exploring, I now do devops for my day job. At night, I don't fight crime. I just blend ouds and oils as a hobby. Also, testing reception of what I am making, hopefully one day it becomes a way of living for me.
Blending notes is far more exciting than anything I've done before 🙂

Where in San Jose @3elkhaldi ! I live in San Jose too and I blend some oils and musks here n there.
We should meet up and talk oud!!
I'm also in San Jose!

If you're local and interested in something of my collection, let me know and you're welcome to sample.
 
Hi. I’m Tim. I’m a long time forum lurker, first time poster.

My route to oud and other natural fragrances started in around 2020, when I made the switch from the generic too-many bladed disposable razors to wet shaving: soap, bowl, brush, and safety razor, the whole nine yards. Anyways, for those who don’t know, there are a number of artisanal shaving soap makers, many of whom who have developed delightful and unique fragrances for their products.

The shaving soaps opened my eyes to the world of perfumery. I first made my way to Nasomatto/Orto Parisi. From there, it was a short leap to the likes of Bortnikoff, Areej le Doré, and Prin Lomros. Finally, I made my way to the raw materials themselves: ouds, sandalwoods, birch oil, etc.

And so, now I am here. I look forward to interacting with and learning from the rest of you.
 
Hi. I’m Tim. I’m a long time forum lurker, first time poster.

My route to oud and other natural fragrances started in around 2020, when I made the switch from the generic too-many bladed disposable razors to wet shaving: soap, bowl, brush, and safety razor, the whole nine yards. Anyways, for those who don’t know, there are a number of artisanal shaving soap makers, many of whom who have developed delightful and unique fragrances for their products.

The shaving soaps opened my eyes to the world of perfumery. I first made my way to Nasomatto/Orto Parisi. From there, it was a short leap to the likes of Bortnikoff, Areej le Doré, and Prin Lomros. Finally, I made my way to the raw materials themselves: ouds, sandalwoods, birch oil, etc.

And so, now I am here. I look forward to interacting with and learning from the rest of you.
I had a very similar start to your. Pardon, Stercus, and Duro were my first loves. Cuirtis, Chinese Oud, and Anatolia Anatolia soon after as well. Now we are here enjoying the beauty straight from the source. Welcome😁
 
Hi everyone,

Originally from Indonesia, but I currently switch back and forth between Bangkok and Chicago. Hobbies revolve around martial arts, football, and perfumery! I've always loved fragrance since I was young, but my serious journey started when I worked as a salesperson for an apothecary in Chicago selling "niche" fragrances. My first serious fragrance would be Black Afgano from Nasomatto. Later on I would be introduced to real oud by the people from Oudimentary, and explored making French-style perfumes as a hobby. I'm always keen to find oud chips and oils now when I come home to SE Asia, and I found this forum while looking for information on oud, and how to not to get snake-oiled by sellers.

My current favorite oud right now is some wild Maluku Halmahera chips that I have as it has the smell of iris when burnt, and some subintegra Malinau oil.

Nice to meet you all and happy that I found this forum!
 
Last edited:
Top