This is ASQ kyara oud oil that I purchased 3-4 years ago have to say it was disappointing I might come as ASQ hater but I feel like there product are way overpriced and also diluted this came in a packed box with a perfume bottle apparently they perfume bottle was and oud in spray version I used it it was very light to no smell i asked the store later they said you have to add oil according to your likening of the strength , now bout the oil there is no animalic notes from the get go it’s sweet metallic can’t really tell the region smells like Hindu minus the barn there is some metallic nature to it but sadly dosent last or project not my kind
So I recommend ajmal
PS: the bottle design is very nice magnetic cap also
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Abdulsamad al qurashi oil recommendations
    IMG_2431.webp
    162.6 KB · Views: 20
Got mine from clock tower Makkah. They have branches all over saudi arabia. The 150 year aged is just exceptional in terms of depth and complexity
I smelled that about 15 years ago, I wonder to what degree it is the same oil? I recall a very mellow restrained profile with deep resinous notes - reminded specifically of kunroku resin and borneo camphor - smooth dry woody resin and a hint of that unique borneol aroma. I only got to check out a single dab thanks to "Bluemoon" (anybody who goes back to the old basenotes days remember her? I'm not sure how accurate this memory is.
 
Got mine from clock tower Makkah. They have branches all over saudi arabia. The 150 year aged is just exceptional in terms of depth and complexity
ikr its been critiqued so many times yet I have not come across this profile in any oud or resin anywhere else. It smells so amazing doesn't it? like a deep cooked woody resin. You got a picture of it?
 
I smelled that about 15 years ago, I wonder to what degree it is the same oil? I recall a very mellow restrained profile with deep resinous notes - reminded specifically of kunroku resin and borneo camphor - smooth dry woody resin and a hint of that unique borneol aroma. I only got to check out a single dab thanks to "Bluemoon" (anybody who goes back to the old basenotes days remember her? I'm not sure how accurate this memory is.
Wow 15 years ago was peak era. Which oils or blends did you try and where exactly?
 
Wow 15 years ago was peak era. Which oils or blends did you try and where exactly?
Many oils over many years... not so many ASAQ - it was taif rose, kalakassi of a few ages, thaqueel
 
ikr its been critiqued so many times yet I have not come across this profile in any oud or resin anywhere else. It smells so amazing doesn't it? like a deep cooked woody resin. You got a picture of it?
[Ouddict.com] Abdulsamad al qurashi oil recommendations

An amazing bottle of oil, no doubt. Not bothered how accurate the 150 years claim is. It definitely feels pretty aged and it smells really good. And thats all i need!
 
View attachment 53287
An amazing bottle of oil, no doubt. Not bothered how accurate the 150 years claim is. It definitely feels pretty aged and it smells really good. And thats all i need!
Yup that's it, you've got one of the best oud oils the commercial world has to offer today. Cherish it and keep it well, there's no oil like this, atleast not in today's hyper inflated market, that offers a resin of this caliber. Btw, how much did you have to spend for this 3ml one.
 
Judging from your memory, can you describe the earliest kalakassi and thaqeel that you were able to smell back in the days?
I gave the description of the kalakassi - I don't think I can expand on that - kunroku and borneol and also I don't recall any funk or ferment.

Thaqueel I barely recall - the sample I had was too small and too early in my journey. my main recollection is of a very subtle and balanced Cambodian without anything shrill or stark sticking out. The first instant I smelled it I thought I smelled a bouquet of perfume aromachemicals - I remember writing a note to the person who sent it to me saying I thought it was a "bouquetted" oud touched up with traces of perfume. I only noticed that on the first encounter however and the several other swipes I was able to take seemed more just like oud. I think that first impression of perfume may have been scent picked up by the plastic of the sample bottle after being stored for a while in a drawer or cabinet with commercial perfumes.

sadly that's all I can remember…
 
Yup that's it, you've got one of the best oud oils the commercial world has to offer today. Cherish it and keep it well, there's no oil like this, atleast not in today's hyper inflated market, that offers a resin of this caliber. Btw, how much did you have to spend for this 3ml one.
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, it is one of my most prized oils. I got the 6 ml bottle for £1150 after discount
 
Whats your experience of the kalakasi oud oil 150 years aged. I got it recently and the fragrance is just amaaaing. The longevity and projection dont seem to be that convincingly. Is it expected to be this way?
I swiped this oil once, I have some memory of it, back in 2011 or so. but I remember it was pretty dry and resinous - it reminded me of kunroku resin.
 
Hello. Its difficult to compare oud oils in a very linear way. Im sure there would be oils that can subjectively ‘surpass’ it. I personally adore it and its one of my top tier oils!
Hello Ismail, how many ouds have you tried so far? And out of all scents and regional ouds, where do you rank the 150 years kalakasi?
 
Hello Ismail, how many ouds have you tried so far? And out of all scents and regional ouds, where do you rank the 150 years kalakasi?
Been into ouds for a good part of my life. Sorry cant put a number on how many ouds I have tried throughout my life. For me personally, ASAQ kalakasi’s are pretty high up
 
Top