[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Agarwood piece from Banda Aceh, Indonesia
This small agarwood piece from Banda Aceh, Indonesia I burnt today has a very intriguing scent profile because it has many facets.

From the first contact to the heat, it radiates neroli like tangy, a bit sweet floral scent. and it gradually transitioned into something totally different.
it starts to give off savory, salty fried oat or buckwheat like smell that eventually evolve into steamed wood-like smell with a little bit of umami sweetness.

The scent profile of this wood somewhat reminds me of Philipin oud. can discern though. this one is quite calming and meditative. I love this grounding feeling. lovely.
 
Purchased June 20, received July 16
Quality wild Hainan chips from Kevin.
Plenty of oleoresin, fills my room with fragrance.
Smells like a combination of the cultivated kinam
plus Pinoy Privee, plus sweet Vietnamese.
I was hoping for the Hainan profile that I get from Sinensis oud and Jeff’s no.2 oud, which is also present in Wu Shuang Ge’s Hainanese stick,
but oh well, the profile is still really nice.

Then I heated up some Habzoud Fili Sinking.

Then I broke out my New Toy🙂🙂🙂
Instead of using my pepper mill to pulverize some
of my agarwood chips, I got a coffee grinder with a
killer grinding mill made with a titanium
coated super hard steel, and this baby works so well
with a very fine grind, that i am really pleased.
Check it out...
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Purchased June 20, received July 16
Quality wild Hainan chips from Kevin.
Plenty of oleoresin, fills my room with fragrance.
Smells like a combination of the cultivated kinam
plus Pinoy Privee, plus sweet Vietnamese.
I was hoping for the Hainan profile that I get from Sinensis oud and Jeff’s no.2 oud, which is also present in Wu Shuang Ge’s Hainanese stick,
but oh well, the profile is still really nice.

Then I heated up some Habzoud Fili Sinking.

Then I broke out my New Toy🙂🙂🙂
Instead of using my pepper mill to pulverize some
of my agarwood chips, I got a coffee grinder with a
killer grinding mill made with a titanium
coated super hard steel, and this baby works so well
with a very fine grind, that i am really pleased.
Check it out...
View attachment 13296 View attachment 13297
I love the Hainan chips from kevin they remind me of the Hong Kong chips I get from my Chinese kinam friends in a different part of China
 
I do I have a big jar full if anyone wants to try!
I have sinking and non-sinking. I am collecting the shavings to run an oil batch this fall and should have enough to fill my new pot(5kg)
Sinking kinam = $40g
Non-sinking =$20g
I’m supper busy on my farm so shipping is only 1 time a week usually but not always
 
I do I have a big jar full if anyone wants to try!
I have sinking and non-sinking. I am collecting the shavings to run an oil batch this fall and should have enough to fill my new pot(5kg)
Sinking kinam = $40g
Non-sinking =$20g
I’m supper busy on my farm so shipping is only 1 time a week usually but not always
:Geek::Geek::Geek::Geek::Geek::Geek::Geek::Geek::Geek::Geek:
 
AA Royal Malaya chip went into distillation
EO Ceram Sinking
EO Pinoy Privee
Local Sinking Pinoy
Local Cambodi nugget
Pics for some
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200719_215058_192.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 253
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200719_215058_191.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 278
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200719_220107_747.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 250
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG-20200719-WA0011.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 258
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG-20200719-WA0002.webp
    56 KB · Views: 256
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG-20200719-WA0010.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 264
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG-20200719-WA0007.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 265
Back
Top