Hainan chips - goes nicely with my Friday swipe of Malek al ceeni. You guys try matching up your wood and oils for the day too?
did you try or have EO Hainan 05 how do you compare it with malek ceeni ? i see your review on Malek al ceeni make mouth watering lol
 
Sri Lanka chips I got from Feel Oud years ago.

I haven’t heated any Wallas recently,
and forgot just how wonderful they can be.
On the subitism, the chips smelled like Sinharaja oud, a big fat swipe smell.
Ooooooo la la:Inlove:
 
QT store! Wonder if those guys are still doing their thing. I had bad experiences
 
I don’t think I got one authentic product from them. 3 ouds, one sandalwood. All adulterated, very obviously. The sandalwood was cedar oil... complete scam as it was sold as high quality and pure.
 
Burnt 4 types of woods today.

Small piece of sinking sandal wood
Then 2 small slivers of malaysian wood from Attar store- lovely stuff
Then a small piece of Indian wood by Agarwood assam
And a small piece of Indonesian wood bought locally l.

All done Arabic style. Whole house is fragrant and I am in another space now. Fumigated my wardrobe (every time I end my charcoal session with wardrobe smoke).

Anyone coming my home will be in trance.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


Sinking grade Laos oud chip I received from @Royalbengalouds

on the low temp, it gives off a neroli-like citrusy floral smell with a little bit of mentholic, metallic quality. as I raise the temperature, this citrusy smell gets more intense and gives off a honey-like tenacious, yet delightful sweet smell. it feels like vaporized honey from wildflower sticks to my nostrils. it resembles mostly honey to my nose but I get a little bit of chocolate too.

I went high temp too but this particular chip is not tolerant to high temp. on high temp, it gives off generic oud chip on charcoal smell without those delicate nuances. I think it performs better with Koh-doh approach.

I adjusted temp back so I get longer, elegant fragrance of it. today's burning session was very pleasant and funny. thank you, Laos oud!
 
Some really nice "Heartwood" quality pieces cut out of a few larger chips from @Habz786 - sinking Sri Lankan chips.

That bigger one in the center - these chips are fragrant at room temperature but nothing too crazy. But when I cut into that bigger one right down the grain, instantly did a double take - is my heater running? Beautiful aroma unleashed by cutting into it. Very representative of how the chips smell on the heater. Blue green oceanic - my favorite chips hands down in this price point. I'd be ok if you told me I could only burn these for the rest of my life lol - they smell great and everyone seems to love them. Even my brother who still thinks everything smells like mulch - even HE Likes this! Lol
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200704_130250.webp
    122.8 KB · Views: 221
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200704_130106.webp
    126.4 KB · Views: 239
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200704_130121.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 232
Back
Top