Yeah ! Quite the stash, hoping that you aren't suggesting you're not happy with the scent?
The wood is okay, but if it were spectacular,
then I would get another one instantly😉
My other source from Japan has not yet resumed selling, so I’m trying to score more Nippon Kodo Sizuro Borneo from this ebay seller en-corporation, they helped me get Shoyeido Kyara last 2016. The Sizuro Borneo is much to my liking🙂
 
Royal Baram - Borneo green menthol with spice and kinam undertones - one of my favorite woods to hit the burner in my home office. The smell will fill the room after a couple of good Monkoh whiffs.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    Royal Baram.webp
    115.6 KB · Views: 265
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

If I heard correctly, getting wild Khao Yai wood is next to impossible these days. I got a privilege to get this oud thanks to @Rahel whos really well connected with locals.
I heated Wild Khao Yai oud chip at a very low-temperature today and besides the rarity of this oud, the smell is just mesmerizing. it seduces my nose with its sublime honey-sweet floral fragrance.
It carries such a delicate scent in a way that you just can't stop sniffing it. what a blissful oud!
 
View attachment 12819
If I heard correctly, getting wild Khao Yai wood is next to impossible these days. I got a privilege to get this oud thanks to @Rahel whos really well connected with locals.
I heated Wild Khao Yai oud chip at a very low-temperature today and besides the rarity of this oud, the smell is just mesmerizing. it seduces my nose with its sublime honey-sweet floral fragrance.
It carries such a delicate scent in a way that you just can't stop sniffing it. what a blissful oud!
Hi Taesik! I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, but a lot more difficult to get hold of these days. I noticed on people on Facebook being able to get sinking grade khao Yai!! I’ve got a new video about the lasted methods of deceptions in the Agarwood trade, check it out will be ready in a few days
 
Hyraceum on the heater.
AG’s Hyraceum just arrived,
a quick assessment on the heater
and I am happy to say that it’s as
good as the batch from a seller from Africa.

A tiny piece the size of a couple of rice grains
fills my room with muskiness. Talk about bang for your buck with animalics, this is more like
KABOOM! for your buck, plus it’s super ethical
if you are so inclined.

It’s not all muskiness though,
there’s Funk too😀
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Koh Kong, Cambodia I got from Ish. this is my first time trying Cambodian oud chip.
I get the citrusy zest and sweet honey, a little bit of almond-like nutty smell from it. what a fascinating scent profile!
now I understand why my Cambodi oils smell in a certain way.
 
Indonesian agarwood session
Nippon Kodo and Yamadamatsu.
The Nippon Kodo has a nice frosty sweetness,
while the Yamadamatsu has more resinousness.

Ended the session with LMK Filipino
Less floral and herbs, more heady medicine,
turn up the heat....head spinning😕😕
 
Really love this community!

Friend and fellow ouddict provided me some .1s of various high grade kodo grade woods!

I mentioned I haven't tried Brunei, Papua, and Vietnam woods - and this gentleman kindly hooked up some samples to try. This is what it's all about! Some of the best conversations I've had here are actually offline on WhatsApp and Instagram. Texting for hours with folks about ouds! Now I have a few pen pals. Trading back and forth samples is the way to go - cheaper and more fun then buying a bunch of samples and makes it way easier to get your nose on more wood!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200615_094410.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 223
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200615_094427.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 244
Back
Top