Yes. I purchased a heater because there was some wood I was very interested in and there was no other way to experience it. I was happy with the oils because they were experiences that did little to increase the volume of stuff in my life and I was pleased I was going in that direction. Then came incense, wood and heater(s) that took up space and tending to. I'm trying to balance the joy of exploration with the accumulations that seem to come with it.

Also, taking "rabbit hole" from Alice in Wonderland is about a pursuit or falling into a surreal world of being off balance and challenged with experiences not many are privileged to experience.
 
Habz' sinking Sri Lankan. Hands down my favourite wood. I mentioned in my oud of the day post that the Imperial Oud Ceylon Royale has this note in it, and oh boy it does! Love love love

also my new burner is not as good as the old one 🙁
Doesn't seem as hot - at full temp my old one would make a chip bubble so quickly, this one doesn't
 
Habz' sinking Sri Lankan. Hands down my favourite wood. I mentioned in my oud of the day post that the Imperial Oud Ceylon Royale has this note in it, and oh boy it does! Love love love

also my new burner is not as good as the old one 🙁
Doesn't seem as hot - at full temp my old one would make a chip bubble so quickly, this one doesn't

Thanks, I'll put it on my "to try" list. As for your heater, it seems like your element isn't getting enough current or the element itself isn't able to transmit it. Maybe a shout out for some help in the appropriate forum here?
 
Burning some Rising Phoenix Nha Trang Senkoh sticks while working from home...intoxicating


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Got some habzoud sinking walla going. Think this might be a later batch. Smells slightly different than the first. Resin structure of the wood different as well. Smells great but back to back I'm an even bigger fan of the batch from last year I think. Splitting hairs though since both lovely - also show me anywhere else you can get high grade walla chips for this price. I'll wait..... 😉
 
Got some habzoud sinking walla going. Think this might be a later batch. Smells slightly different than the first. Resin structure of the wood different as well. Smells great but back to back I'm an even bigger fan of the batch from last year I think. Splitting hairs though since both lovely - also show me anywhere else you can get high grade walla chips for this price. I'll wait..... 😉

Yep the 2019 are unreal, I had to make sure I labelled them to show the year!
 
Vietnamese and Philippine slivers on the Subitism.

Start on low.......check!
Enjoy the heavenly florals and spice.....check!
Increase the heat......check!
Watch the oleoresin ooze out...... check!
Step out of the room.....check!
Re-enter the room and get hit:handfist::handfist: by the
awesome fumigation:Inlove::Inlove::Inlove:
 
Broke a small piece of this beautiful Walla Patta I bought in Feb from Colombo

One of best Walla I own
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Fumigation of the day
Ratnapura sinking from @Rahel on my newly made subitism burner.

This is wild Sri Lankan oud that now not easy to acquire. (at least decent one)
It has beautiful condensed milk like dense fragrance. It lasts hours even for this little silver. @Rahel always surprises me with his ability to dig out relics from the old days.

This oud chip is a very meditative, calming oud. Grap it while it's available.
 
Last edited:
Tarakan wood Dr. Incense

This is totally my style of wood - it's taken me a while to realize but this kind of dense heartwood is I believe preferable on an electric heater compared with shells and thinner chips. Because it has such evenly distributed resin and oil (I'd say more oil than resin for this particular wood), it heats cleaner, slower, and more robust. Yes it costs more for bead waste from old wood like this, but I wind up using less because it's more for a personal enjoyment than perfuming a room. With all the BS on Instagram - particularly never knowing if the wood is from where it's claimed to be from, I appreciate vendors here and couple outside the forum who are trustworthy and have access to excellent wood and oils. For me it's nice to have case studies in specific regions so I can come back to them and be sure that the mental notes I'm taking - ie. smelling tarakan wood - actually is tarakan and I'm not teaching myself the wrong thing.

Both the premium and sinking here all came from one large piece of wood - so the premium and the sinking share the same aroma for the most part. Besides habzouds sinking baby king pieces, this is the only other wood I can think of that smells incredible at room temperature. This is powdery, airy, vanilla mint and deep oudy wood feel at room temp. Reminds me very much of malinau oils I've smelled but lighter and less creamy.

Heated around 9 on subby I get just a amplified version of it's aroma at room temp. Cranked up to 15 for a little bit just to see how it responds, some Carmel tones come out. I feel like this region just produces a lot of rich dessert flavors of oud lol. Lots of heavy tones of vanilla and chai tea.

In any event - just wanted to share bc I know folks gawk at his prices and I definitely do too. But never got his wood before and wanted to try. Glad I did and wish I could more often bc it is legit tough to find bead waste wood - at least for me it is. I think this will be a 1x per year kinda buy for me as it's definitely not a daily burn at all!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200604_205127.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 211
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_20200604_204641.webp
    134.4 KB · Views: 217
Back
Top