Sinking Indonesian from The Attar Store, my word - this is stunning!! I have it on maybe 10v and I've also moved my burner closer to where I sit and I'm getting a heavy aroma of the oud from here.

Oddly enough I've not been able to make a chip bubble yet with this new burner, even on the highest setting.

That wood does smell nice!
 
4th Night of Last 10 of Ramadan.

Walla Patta Chips from ASO

Kz, Dr Incense and may be EO have spoilt me for the quality of wood. So I compare any other to theirs.

This Walla will be a bomb for coal but it felt underpower for low heating ... was struggling to get wood going... eventually had to max the temp to feel it.

As notes go it was perfect Walla DNA .. with aquatic , fruity and woody notes dominating...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Lucky strike Vietnamese from JK
So blessed to have this ! Amazing smelling
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Room fumigation with
Philippine, Malaysian,
and Vietnamese chips.

Subitism is awesome!

FYI, Wikipedia definition of Subitism:
The term subitism points to sudden awakening, the idea that insight into Buddha-nature, or the nature of mind, is "sudden," "in one glance," "uncovered all together," or "together, completely, simultaneously," in contrast to "successively or being uncovered one after the other." It may be posited as opposite to gradualism, the original Buddhist approach which says that following the dharma can be achieved only step by step, through an arduous practice.
 
Room fumigation with
Philippine, Malaysian,
and Vietnamese chips.

Subitism is awesome!

FYI, Wikipedia definition of Subitism:
The term subitism points to sudden awakening, the idea that insight into Buddha-nature, or the nature of mind, is "sudden," "in one glance," "uncovered all together," or "together, completely, simultaneously," in contrast to "successively or being uncovered one after the other." It may be posited as opposite to gradualism, the original Buddhist approach which says that following the dharma can be achieved only step by step, through an arduous practice.

Interesting. I used the term "satori"- which is also Buddhist but maybe more Zen leaning . So, is "subitism" when used used in the heater context referring to any electrical heaters or are there certain qualities involved like adjustable heat, mica plates, etc? I ask this because I had my eyes on an adjustable mica plate heater but I got impatient with its delivery time and purchased an adjustable heater with a metal plate that I plan on putting foil on.

Also, I hate to mention this because I like to post comments that drive the conversation forward, even if the tiniest bit. But your image from the beginning has always looked like a blurry photo of some poor mammal whose only attraction is the scent it carries. I'm working on not getting creeped out by it😛😛😛😛
 
Interesting. I used the term "satori"- which is also Buddhist but maybe more Zen leaning . So, is "subitism" when used used in the heater context referring to any electrical heaters or are there certain qualities involved like adjustable heat, mica plates, etc? I ask this because I had my eyes on an adjustable mica plate heater but I got impatient with its delivery time and purchased an adjustable heater with a metal plate that I plan on putting foil on.

Also, I hate to mention this because I like to post comments that drive the conversation forward, even if the tiniest bit. But your image from the beginning has always looked like a blurry photo of some poor mammal whose only attraction is the scent it carries. I'm working on not getting creeped out by it😛😛😛😛
:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: My avatar image is a close up shot of a piece of Shoyeido Kyara. I always thought that it resembled a cross between a hawk and a shark, but you are spot on that it’s attraction is the scent it carries:thumbsup:

Based on Kyarazen’s article,
https://www.kyarazen.com/the-kyarazen-subitism-incense-heater/
the Subitism’s main requirement is infrared heat
instead of heat through contact.

I think that it is great to have different heater types
so you can you can employ different heating techniques for a variety of aromatics........
Some requiring low heat, high heat, and a progression from low to high.
 
Also, I hate to mention this because I like to post comments that drive the conversation forward, even if the tiniest bit. But your image from the beginning has always looked like a blurry photo of some poor mammal whose only attraction is the scent it carries. I'm working on not getting creeped out by it😛😛😛😛

I've ALWAYS thought this too! :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
only when I looked closer is when I realised that it's wood :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
 
:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: My avatar image is a close up shot of a piece of Shoyeido Kyara. I always thought that it resembled a cross between a hawk and a shark, but you are spot on that it’s attraction is the scent it carries:thumbsup:

Based on Kyarazen’s article,
https://www.kyarazen.com/the-kyarazen-subitism-incense-heater/
the Subitism’s main requirement is infrared heat
instead of heat through contact.

I think that it is great to have different heater types
so you can you can employ different heating techniques for a variety of aromatics........
Some requiring low heat, high heat, and a progression from low to high.

Thanks......sigh......I guess subitism is back on my list. Who would have guessed that wondering what a tiny piece of wood smells like would lead down such a rabbit hole?
 
Thanks......sigh......I guess subitism is back on my list. Who would have guessed that wondering what a tiny piece of wood smells like would lead down such a rabbit hole?
It’s also worth noting to play around with different temperatures to discover a wood’s personality,
then you will discover if that particular wood is best suited for quiet listening, sustained burn, top note pleasure, or an outright smokefest.

Another thing,
the “rabbit hole” of oudh chips isn’t so bad,
“for me” personally...
discovering the profiles of heated agarwoods
is very rewarding, and helps you appreciate
oud oils from another point of view.
 
Back
Top