From those that burn regularly and have tried both, can you share on which is the best way to burn agarwood? Would it be with the coal/charcoal? Or would the electric burner be a better choice?

In a sense of which allows for a more pure experience in regards to experiencing the aroma/aura of the wood itself.
I’ve heard also if it is heated at too high of a temperature it would alter the aroma.
 
From those that burn regularly and have tried both, can you share on which is the best way to burn agarwood? Would it be with the coal/charcoal? Or would the electric burner be a better choice?

In a sense of which allows for a more pure experience in regards to experiencing the aroma/aura of the wood itself.
I’ve heard also if it is heated at too high of a temperature it would alter the aroma.
Electric burner for sure, preferably a subitism.
 
Borneo and Cultivated Kinam

Medium heat till my room was saturated with the lovely aroma of these woods.

Nippon Kodo Sizuro Borneo
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Last edited:
Been burning my way through some Ensar offerings recently. Leyte blue is solid wood, the Irian is nice too. Filipino exclusive is a really good one as well—top tier stuff. All excellent for daily burn. The Fili and Walla I have from Habz are both superb woods too. Def in top tier as well. Nothing compares to the Irian @EJayB and @KodoKing sent me. But I view these as special occasion woods, like
Kyara and Kinam. The Papuan profile is soooo good. So good. Think I could burn Papuan, Seram and Fili wood forever and be satisfied. But wait, then I’d miss Malinau, Viet, Laos, Cambodian… ugh….maybe not. Haha.

Starting to make that inevitable transition to burning wood more than swiping oils. Funny little path this hobby takes us on. From fake aromachem fragrances to distilled oil, and then to wood. Seems a lot of people follow this path. Still enjoying my oils but I’m sure I’ll be putting some up for sale soon to feed the woodiction!
 
Back
Top