Today I burned:

3 different malaysian woods( 2 incense grade and one sinking)

1 Brunei wood (sinking)

2 sri lankan woods(sinking)

3 Vietnamese woods (2 sinking and 1 incense grade)

If I could just capture the smell of my home atm in a bottle... what a dream. What I did though was to bring in my jacket and other clothes inside the room with the burner. Honestly for me personally, no oud oil in the world can compete with this smell.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

cambodi Khmer Rouge
stunning piece, awesome depth with strawberry jam/cake notes 😀
 
Papuya 02
This has been one of my favorite burns for quite a few years now, when you find good wood at a great price buy in bulk! That’s my advice. I usually pass on wood above a certain price point as I seem to be let down a lot on the expensive wood ( expensive is over 25 a gram)
 
Hi, where did you get the Borneo chips?
Nippon Kodo Sizuro Borneo,
from Japan.

They are small granules with varying profiles, I can smell around four different profiles, but all similarly Borneo. I like them all, but some pieces are out of this world, like the one I just heated….. Freesias mixed with oud.
 
Vietnamese Quang Bin chips
It’s been a long time coming but after much preparation today I’m soaking these chips and some shavings and some dust (3) types of Vietnamese going into the pot. Giving it a quick boil to kill off the bacteria and wild yeasts to get a clean soak.
The chips smell amazing on the sub
 
Back
Top