Not a fan of these holders. Scent sticks to the wood and to the cloth, and every stick used thereafter has their smell mixed with the smell of the wood & the cloth.
This is exactly what I’m talking about, it provides a shadow of past burns. I agree not a pure experience but as a stand alone scent it has its place for me. Much like the ambient aroma in a space where incense burns daily.
I can certainly see how some sticks should have a dedicated burner but I’m enjoying layering the afterburn . If it all gets too much then the cloth can be changed and the wood cleansed. Cant see myself doing it just yet though. It is like the patina of sent that builds up on the bramble root bowl of a Tabbaco(or whatever) pipe. Minus the acrid stale tabbaco , birch tar may be in the same culture but nowhere near as evolved.
 
Burning 白芨(Root of Chinese ground orchid) to see if I could use it in my incense blends.
it gives off a pleasant mild sweet scent that is close to baked flour.

On the internet, it says I should use 8-10% of this in composition but I don't think it has enough sticky property. 🤔
maybe I should keep experimenting with it.
Very interesting, are you experimenting with alternative binders?
 
Bhutanese juniper powder, I got this batch from Incense traditions. Really beautiful stuff. If you burn the lighter of the 2 riwo sangcho sticks I gave you , you might notice the roll Bhutanese juniper plays in the blend.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top