If anyone feel that strange he can ask any Dr he trust in him that's was from them advice not from me , Jalil my pleasure brother


Oudamberlove I agree with that heated more safer but the sadly heating not successful with every wood ...
I believe the wood that is not successful with heating and needs much higher temperatures would be the best to extract the resin with pure alcohol, then evaporate alcohol and then heat the resin. This way it will not need to burn the wood in order to release the oil within the aroma. This wood is actually best for extracting. Personally I would enjoy on the heater first to get top notes on gentle heat and then put them aside and extract later. I have done this to wood that did not do anything on low and even medium it needed high heat to release aroma but was also not very resinated so the more heat that was needed to penetrate the resin on higher was producing smoke from butning the surface wood and more burned resin that came out. The extract it came out nice. the resin still performs on higher heat but much much better. If you have the time and interest try it out
 
Bay wood-cultivated green kinam- Malaysian Malacca that I mixed in a tincture and extracted resin from. This is heaven on steroids. The bay gives the whole a spectacular wet and extremely warm yellow vibe type of sweet/bitter spice, the Malaysian adds an extra very flowery heavy heavy resin with a hint of cherry managing to shine through the holes.

The bay wood I discovered from an instrument I was creating a couple months ago where I had to bend the wood by wetting and heating it on a piece of metal that had a rounded shape. I was instantly in LOVE and was curious to see if it is used in the Japanese incense ingredients. Could not find it anywhere and that shocked me. I have to note that there are many species of bay and a lot are poisonous so one would have to be absolutely sure that the bay was from the edible variety. Something I had no clue on and yet I am still alive so it is all good. Absolutely in love with the aroma of heated bay wood.
 
Just an update on my above post....the whole room is actually smelling of the Kinam now at the low temperature....
I just stepped out of my room for a few minutes to do something and on my way back in, I was hit with this beautiful fruity/zesty scent, that has permeated the room in full.
What a surprise as I thought I would have to keep my nose near the sub for scent......
 
Just an update on my above post....the whole room is actually smelling of the Kinam now at the low temperature....
I just stepped out of my room for a few minutes to do something and on my way back in, I was hit with this beautiful fruity/zesty scent, that has permeated the room in full.
What a surprise as I thought I would have to keep my nose near the sub for scent......
Is this your first experience with cultivated kinam?
 
Am now burning Green Kinam from the Mother tree again from @EJayB
This is really nice...I get sweetness or smells fruity immediately. Have set at around 15v.
It stays close to the sub but oh man!! What a wonderful scent.
Thanks @EJayB for putting together this package of woods....really great to compare these woods side by side...
The mother tree kinam is cultivated but it’s not a clone, it’s the tree they cut the clones from and is extra oily 😎
 
Sharing some thoughts about cultivated kinam of different grades…

I bought the shavings, regular chips and sinking chips and have been sampling all three. My expectation was that the scent would be nearly identical between all of these since they are all just cuttings off of the same piece of wood more or less, and that the sinking wood would smell the same as the shavings, albeit a little more saturated with oil.

Well, I am pretty sure the chunks and the sinking chunks each have something other than just the same scent packed in more densely.

I love the shavings - they have more of a toasted nut / cookie element, while the denser chunks have more pronounced and refined smooth sweet balsam poplar notes.

I just love how clean this oud is - so many of my other woods (other than top shelf Japanese) seem to have some kind of off notes - like unclean bottom, cat spit, low grade labdanum mixed in with the goodness but not this stuff.
 
Last edited:
Sharing some thoughts about cultivated kinam of different grades…

I bought the shavings, regular chips and sinking chips and have been sampling all three. My expectation was that the scent would be nearly identical between all of these since they are all just cuttings off of the same piece of wood more or less, and that the sinking wood would smell the same as the shavings, albeit a little more saturated with oil.

Well, I am pretty sure the chunks and the sinking chunks each have something other than just the same scent packed in more densely.

I love the shavings - they have more of a toasted nut / cookie element, while the denser chunks have more pronounced and refined smooth sweet balsam poplar notes.

I just love how clean this oud is - so many of my other woods (other than top shelf Japanese) seem to have some kind of off notes - like unclean bottom, cat spit, low grade labdanum mixed in with the goodness but not this stuff.
The only problem I have with cultivated kinam is that it does not make me feel good. It smells good tho. 100% of cultivated kinam I have tried gave me headaches but I have not tried cultivated kinams from yuzhioud or Ejay yet. Maybe it is because I get all up and close with it. It is not common for agarwood to give me headached and a lot of top grade wood feels great to experience. That is the only downside for me personally. Otherwise I love cultivated kinam very much! I don't think there is a human who does not
 
I get a variety of effects with all the different woods I’ve tried, some more subtle than others.

The compounds in the woods vary from region to region. When I made sticks from highly resinous Sumatran wood, the sticks ignited like matches😱, it must have been chock-full of Terpenes.
 
Back
Top