today this vintage piece, Stellar aroma
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Will reading some of the Oudh you burn iori...I am not surprised.....🙂
i guess its personal preference? i been talking to some collectors and vendors from taiwan,singapore and china
i find they also differ in taste beside kinam they put it at 1st! as second i find some goes hainan and others nha trang, but most hainan.
Srilankan so loved here and there is lots stock around of really good pieces and qualitys, however i personally tested from 50$ up to 1150$ range there is really pretty smells, but if i go over 400$ per tola i rather put it on something else to be honest.
 
i guess its personal preference? i been talking to some collectors and vendors from taiwan,singapore and china
i find they also differ in taste beside kinam they put it at 1st! as second i find some goes hainan and others nha trang, but most hainan.
Srilankan so loved here and there is lots stock around of really good pieces and qualitys, however i personally tested from 50$ up to 1150$ range there is really pretty smells, but if i go over 400$ per tola i rather put it on something else to be honest.
how do you feel about good old Malaysian? I think its up there with Hainan and Vietnamese
 
I am sorry to be a bore but the cultivated kinam shavings from ejayb keep surprising me. A perfectly pleasant and deeply soothing oud scent and a small pinch scents a room for hours. It is truly delightful. I had a couple of samples of Cambodian wood that also seemed to have a scent that never ended. Not the same scent but a similar never ending sweet tangy and old wood/vanillin notes.
 
Vietnamese black sinking kyara.

not burning... just smelling from the bottle, because I'm too salty. 🤣
heady and vaporous. the more I smell, the more it intensifies.

it's really hard to describe this scent and what it does to my mind.

since it's just one tiny silver, I wonder what it'd smell like if the bottle was filled up.
 
Vietnamese black sinking kyara.

not burning... just smelling from the bottle, because I'm too salty. 🤣
heady and vaporous. the more I smell, the more it intensifies.

it's really hard to describe this scent and what it does to my mind.

since it's just one tiny silver, I wonder what it'd smell like if the bottle was filled up.
It would smell much different. I have noticed that a bottle with 1 gram of kinam smells much different than a bottle with .3g, 3grams of kinam smells much different then 1g bottle. It is very strange
 
I soaked 2grams of vietnamese redsoil, 2 gram of malaysian, 1gram of cultivated kinam, .2grams white wild kinam, .2grams of gaharu buaya/crocodile agarwood, .1g grey ambergris, .2 g sandalwood powder...all powdered in 99.5% grain alcohol for a week way back in December, I filtered and evaporated out the alcohol, collected the resin...had actually forgot about it until lately. I just heated about an hour ago.....WOW THE DEPTH AND LAYERS OF THIS RESIN! The whole house has fumigated!

Starts off extremely flowery and spicy, transitions into a bold cherry-milky-sweet kinamic mouth salivating aroma, then transitions into this super bitter-sweet-sour spice cookie where this buttery cherry pie sandalwood takes over. Insane stuff. Probably my favorite resin even better than the pure wild kinam resin I have extracted. This stuff was been bubbling for like 40minutes and is now a black stain looking thing on very high temp still releasing a cherry like sour spicy note. I have about a gram and I have just fell in love with this thing like no other.
 
So finally getting around to experimenting with my Oudh wood which I received from @EJayB some time back...
Been busy with work......
So today I am going to start with 1/2 sinking Papuya 2002.
Am starting with the heat set at 9.3v and I'll see how it goes.....
 
Been whittling away at some larger sandalwood billets in my stash. Each has its own nuances… one I tried today has (on top of the classic rich dense sandalwood scent ) some unique floral notes. Not sure what the floral notes are doing there - terroir? Stored near a strong attar?
 
Back
Top