This one’s a little different.

Plum wood. Yard cleaning and what a wonderful smell. The wood was only cut a few months ago so it was smoky and very fragrant. Had me daydreaming of the Samurai and Lords of the old days burning logs of oud and scenting the whole mountainside.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_3936.webp
    119.3 KB · Views: 89
Not technically burn of the day because I don’t have anything to light them up with, but I got these killer-looking Maroke chips today here in Salalah.

Paid 50 EUR or so for a half tola. They actually smell really oudy even at room temperature.

Do you guys think they look legit?View attachment 52401
I think they look legit, muhassan maroke is usually smaller and more uniform in shape, and also uniformly shiny. Mind you if you ended up paying about 10 USD/gram for muhassan then I'd be super upset, that stuff is dirt cheap. Nah I think this is legit at least from the pictures you've shared, there's a heterogeneity of shiny and matte areas on these chips! Best part is, you can enjoy maroke on a much higher heat than normal pieces of agarwood!
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

A beautiful piece of some sinking Silani, I purchased from Hamza @ Kymya. So resinated the wood is basically a black chunk. Seriously, some of the very best wood I’ve ever heated.

Off the the top you get the blue-green oceanic-petrichor Walla Patta signature, before quickly going into a white floral, salty-suede-ambergris heart notes. Tropical sweetness & honey hint at what is to follow in the base. An expansive, opulent, royal display of everything I love about Agarwood. Heavy vanillic sweetness, coumarin, smooth leather, a slab of thick oozing Agarwood resin. I only use small pieces as it’s expensive & rare wood, but it gives you so much from a small chip, a hallmark of true sinking grade wood.
 
Cambodi Kyara gift...

The initial Kyara cool whispy fumes always get me. It feels electric and hits deeply. They start at 60c with a bit of sourness. Complex florals and sweetness start appearing with increasing temperature. Very sweet at 100c +. Overall very beautiful, complex, relaxed and euphoric session.
 
I think they look legit, muhassan maroke is usually smaller and more uniform in shape, and also uniformly shiny. Mind you if you ended up paying about 10 USD/gram for muhassan then I'd be super upset, that stuff is dirt cheap. Nah I think this is legit at least from the pictures you've shared, there's a heterogeneity of shiny and matte areas on these chips! Best part is, you can enjoy maroke on a much higher heat than
Unless it’s the soft soil Merauke you occasionally see, I’ve also noticed that it enjoys high temperatures. I guess that’s why it’s ubiquitous in the GCC, considering the charcoal heating method & fumigation.
 
View attachment 52412
A beautiful piece of some sinking Silani, I purchased from Hamza @ Kymya. So resinated the wood is basically a black chunk. Seriously, some of the very best wood I’ve ever heated.

Off the the top you get the blue-green oceanic-petrichor Walla Patta signature, before quickly going into a white floral, salty-suede-ambergris heart notes. Tropical sweetness & honey hint at what is to follow in the base. An expansive, opulent, royal display of everything I love about Agarwood. Heavy vanillic sweetness, coumarin, smooth leather, a slab of thick oozing Agarwood resin. I only use small pieces as it’s expensive & rare wood, but it gives you so much from a small chip, a hallmark of true sinking grade wood.
Yum!!
 
Back
Top