[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Minty, cacao sweet Bengali oud topped with musky, creamy Mysore sandalwood.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Kinam Partay! Who says the quarantine isn’t any fun!?

These pieces hold a very special place in my heart - the Cambodi piece is truly remarkable - Beautiful Kinamic scent on low heat with a hint of Cambodi (Pursat) profile. Crank up the dial just a bit and this baby smells like the best Aloeswood ...I’ve yet to discover!
 
Kyukyodo Square Cut
Over $50/gram.
Solid with resin through and through,
hardly any oil. Starts with a sweet medicinal note,
like liquid multivitamins, and a little fruit, plus oudiness. Lasts very long, but minimal acrobatics due to the lack of oil.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

Not bad at all, but not worth it for the money..........then heated some wood with a very high oil content, Pinoy Privee, mmmmmm yumyum,
next level stuff!
 
Yamada matsu costus and Borneo camphor plus mystery dense resinous Chinese herb shop agarwood sprinkled on the top of the wood stove. Ahhhhhh
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day Time to burn some sandalwood. I have been hoarding and not enjoying. Time to fumigate!

the mason jar is full of little sandalwood billets I got from Magnifincense back when they were in business. Unburned, this jar just has the perfect cool dry deep warm woody sandalwood scent. This wood has a deep “chewy” sandalwood scent. I don’t know how else to put it but there’s this rich oily vibe. Not the same scent type as the yamada matsu slabs. Perhaps this is from Indonesia or another locale?

They are on the burner now - smooth calming dry woody sandalwood - cooling scent, I feel like I’m in a room made from sandalwood timber. If only I could get this sent to linger!

The two little boxes of Karnataka government wood I got from Oudhasi. I got a handful of these and open the other boxes. My intent was to carve the little billets inside. These boxes I haven’t opened just to maintain the quaint packaging style. The bigger “log” is one I bought online years ago. It is decent in aroma when heated, somewhat sweet and carrot seed / faint floral and costus notes on top of a woody base. Not the greatest scent at room temp but pleasant.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    5FB6F61D-1304-47F7-AEBF-CD71120CE5A5.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Tigray frankincense at very low temperature - this stuff has really grown on me. At low temp at first it gives classic ancient church deep frank notes, but then it transforms to a sweet mimosa honey.
 
al hashimi brunei sultan
sour plums, touch of natural funk, bitter sweet, vannilic and touch of cinammon. good on high heat and for casual burn

al hashimi sinking philippines
as good as they come. juicy sweet honey with herbal undertones. good on low medium or high heat

KZ yellow oil kyara
perhaps the least wow type of kyara but still worthy of its name. while it lacks that initial punch of green or black oil, given enough study time and low temp heating there are lots of nuances and layers to be peeled back.
 
I love yellow kyara!! Not so bitter to my nose!
Currently lighting a slice of
JK’s lucky strike Vietnam wood.
Been heating this a lot lately and really appreciate it’s bitter almost sage scent that has great projection and lasting scent.
Thanks for the opportunity to own such a rarity
 
Back
Top