It's the oyster season again in South Korea. I can get about 1kg of this big wild Oyster for less than $15 USD. 😋
they are super tasty and packed with umami.

oyster_01.jpg


oyster_02.jpg
 
This is an old school food
A dish from the days before refrigerators were invented,also hunters do something like this.
İ also saw some dishes like this from French and italian cuisine,i am curious if any other cultures has something like it.
Offal do not last as long as meat and should be consumed immediately.

This is a very tasty dish
first boiling the sheep's heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and spleen and then roasting them with vegetables(onions and paprika) and spices (black pepper,cumin and some extra) in the sheep's tail fat.
Ratio is
1 Offals
0,25 tail fat
0,5 vegetables
And the one i am cooking is totaly 10 kg for hungry wolves 😂
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9617.webp
    450.1 KB · Views: 113
  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9618.webp
    318 KB · Views: 111
  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9620.webp
    212.7 KB · Views: 104
  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9621.webp
    269.6 KB · Views: 114
  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9623.webp
    268.1 KB · Views: 110
  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9627.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 123
  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9628.webp
    257.1 KB · Views: 116
  • [Ouddict.com] Food
    IMG_9629.webp
    229.8 KB · Views: 134
This is an old school food
A dish from the days before refrigerators were invented,also hunters do something like this.
İ also saw some dishes like this from French and italian cuisine,i am curious if any other cultures has something like it.
Offal do not last as long as meat and should be consumed immediately.

This is a very tasty dish
first boiling the sheep's heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and spleen and then roasting them with vegetables(onions and paprika) and spices (black pepper,cumin and some extra) in the sheep's tail fat.
Ratio is
1 Offals
0,25 tail fat
0,5 vegetables
And the one i am cooking is totaly 10 kg for hungry wolves 😂
We're I'm from it's called Kaleeji, some people only use the liver, but for as long as I can remember we've always mixed heart, liver, kidneys and lungs. It's a very thick sort of curry, I'm more of a çorbası curry person myself.

What I love about this preparation is mincing the meat to allow for an even texture while eating. It's the main issue I have with lungs, this very spongey texture that, at least in the small chunks we use in Kaleeji, conflicts with the heart and kidneys. I would try to replicate it, but tail fat is quite difficult to find here, as the sheep aren't of the same variety. I also love the addition of large squares of red pepper and onions, which are visible at the end, in the Kaleeji preparation it's usually cooked down into a thick masala.
 
I love seeing food from around the world!

I'm a pitmaster, lol I smoke a lot of meats, Fowl, Beef and Pork but I don't want to offend anyone with images that might be offensive to those who maintain the dietary laws of scripture.

These are Beef short ribs
View attachment 33259
Wooohooo low and slow
 
I think I've said in the past how my food is like 85%+ carbs 🤣
My portions are extreme.
These are from my past 3 weeks while I've been on holidays, I'm staying at an airbnb apartment so have access to a cooking surface and haven't had to eat out for every meal

I've cycled a LOT of distance in these 3 weeks so my energy needs have been higher than usual.
My go-to on the bike is sugar water. Yup, you read that right. Maybe 80-100g of plain white table sugar dumped into my water bottle, topped with water and then shaken up.

Chickpea/tomato/spinach curry I made. This looks pretty small but it was a big portion
20231229_214255.jpg

Big bowl of pasta with either veggie burger or sausage I'd cooked & chopped up
20231230_215749.jpg

My usual breakfast of porridge & a shitload of fruit - blueberries, raisins, banana, dates, prunes, fig, mango, apricot
I couldn't even be bothered to dish it up so ate from the pain
20240102_104357.jpg

I had 2x pizzas last week at a restaurant. Vegetable pizza w/ no cheese. Was definitely the right call to get 2x, I'd cycled 100km that day, just having my sugar water for the ~3.5-4hrs that I was out cycling . Demolished these easily
20231228_215740.jpg
 
Hello,i want to add here a link of todays kebab cooking session.
Kebab is not a daily food,for us it is 30% eating but except it 70% being whole big family together
.i Know there are some vegan friends,sorry!
I love Donner Kebab here in the UK from Indian takeaways. I should try some Turkish kebab, UNLESS its the same thing the Indians use?
 
I literally eat 90% carbs and I'm lean as hell. Sorry, but carbs don't make you fat.
Your body runs on glucose
You need to eat a lot of excess for it to turn carbs to fat. It's a very inefficient process. Your body can easily store dietary fat in the tisses though
Carbs can make you fat if you dont do alot of exercise. I see you ride your bike a lot? You are doing a lot of cardio, so carb diet is good for you, my friend 😀
 
This is an old school food
A dish from the days before refrigerators were invented,also hunters do something like this.
İ also saw some dishes like this from French and italian cuisine,i am curious if any other cultures has something like it.
Offal do not last as long as meat and should be consumed immediately.

This is a very tasty dish
first boiling the sheep's heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and spleen and then roasting them with vegetables(onions and paprika) and spices (black pepper,cumin and some extra) in the sheep's tail fat.
Ratio is
1 Offals
0,25 tail fat
0,5 vegetables
And the one i am cooking is totaly 10 kg for hungry wolves 😂
In Scotland we didnt need fridges as it is always cold 🤣🤣🤣... no but seriously Scottish winter was as cold at -17.2c once. But during summer it can get to 22-28c and back hundreds of years ago apparently Scotland used to get nearly as warm as the South of France and South England was just as warm as S. France. So we must have had ways to make food last, but maybe not since Scotland we had a lot of farmers and food was always plentiful, but mainly meat, like sheeps guts, cow tongue etc.
 
Carbs can make you fat if you dont do alot of exercise. I see you ride your bike a lot? You are doing a lot of cardio, so carb diet is good for you, my friend 😀
I eat this way to fuel my workouts and lifestyle yes, but no, carbs don't make you fat if you don't "burn them off" - regardless of my activity level for a given day I'll always eat the same way, just different volumes
 
Back
Top