These are the just planted 2 cherry trees. The small one is an acerola. The other is Surinam (tastes like curry). Evidently neither is a real cherry but more of a berry from the Crepe Myrtle family. I had to level much of my land with a heavy heart, because the old growth Eucalyptus trees being extremely dangerous and falling. It's easier to haul away and kill. But to build it back up and make it lush and beautiful? My dream is do a permaculture food and flower forest with layers and tiers but I'm mostly losing the Sisyphean battle squirmishing with hellacious weeds.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    IMG_7048.webp
    573 KB · Views: 75
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    IMG_7049.webp
    470 KB · Views: 85
These are the just planted 2 cherry trees. The small one is an acerola. The other is Surinam (tastes like curry). Evidently neither is a real cherry but more of a berry from the Crepe Myrtle family. I had to level much of my land with a heavy heart, because the old growth Eucalyptus trees being extremely dangerous and falling. It's easier to haul away and kill. But to build it back up and make it lush and beautiful? My dream is do a permaculture food and flower forest with layers and tiers but I'm mostly losing the Sisyphean battle squirmishing with hellacious weeds.
Sounds like a great plan. Where is this?
 
Just finished this batch of "folded" tincture concentrate from material I harvested from the garden. This one is for medicinal, not olfactory applications.

[Ouddict.com] Gardening
 
It's not that concentrated. I should've just said a reduced or folded tincture.

About 85g of ground flower soaked in 900ml 95% ethanol, reduced to about 600 ml or so (haven't checked final volume). If i did the figuring correctly, one ounce of the alcohol represents a bit over 1/8 oz of flower maybe 400-550mg(?) THC depending on the potency of the flower. A "gin" and tonic made with a shot of this stuff would give you a little perspective on things haha

I may reduce this further.
 
Last edited:
Moringa is growing beautifully but there’s an infestation, moth larvae have been eating the leaves like it was a feast. A spray of neem oil took care of that. Hopefully it’ll recover this winter, some of the uneaten leaves have turned yellow. It smells really nice, oily sweet nutty.
 
Moringa is growing beautifully but there’s an infestation, moth larvae have been eating the leaves like it was a feast. A spray of neem oil took care of that. Hopefully it’ll recover this winter, some of the uneaten leaves have turned yellow. It smells really nice, oily sweet nutty.
Most people complain about the smell of Neem Oil. I don't mind it.
Creamy nutty. Nice.
 
a rescue cactus 🌵

its growing arms!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241103_120729.webp
    213.5 KB · Views: 81
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241105_141801.webp
    218.1 KB · Views: 70
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241108_130942.webp
    207.4 KB · Views: 63
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241118_072253.webp
    181.7 KB · Views: 71
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241120_132059.webp
    169.4 KB · Views: 66
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241204_114440.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 69
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241217_172513.webp
    137.5 KB · Views: 71
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241217_173107.webp
    500.9 KB · Views: 69
walked by this suuuuper fragrant plant while i was weedwhacking a new customer today... had to find the source. it was these tiny little flowers the size a few grains of rice making all that scent 😍

google lense immediately identified it as "Osmanthus Fragrans"

ive got an absolute of this stuff that has the olivey yellowy smell to it, but these white flowers were more sweet than that. im obsessed, and plan on getting some of these of possible. to enfleurage this would be superb!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    Screenshot_20241231_111936_Google.webp
    80 KB · Views: 72
It's not that concentrated. I should've just said a reduced or folded tincture.

About 85g of ground flower soaked in 900ml 95% ethanol, reduced to about 600 ml or so (haven't checked final volume). If i did the figuring correctly, one ounce of the alcohol represents a bit over 1/8 oz of flower maybe 400-550mg(?) THC depending on the potency of the flower. A "gin" and tonic made with a shot of this stuff would give you a little perspective on things haha

I may reduce this further.
ive heard that drink referred to as "green dragon"
 
walked by this suuuuper fragrant plant while i was weedwhacking a new customer today... had to find the source. it was these tiny little flowers the size a few grains of rice making all that scent 😍

google lense immediately identified it as "Osmanthus Fragrans"

ive got an absolute of this stuff that has the olivey yellowy smell to it, but these white flowers were more sweet than that. im obsessed, and plan on getting some of these of possible. to enfleurage this would be superb!
Apparently the absolute has very little resemblance to the fresh flowers. I have also once encountered this shrub on the West Coast and consider myself lucky to have been able to smell it in flour. I believe when they make the absolute it is from dried flowers that have been somewhat fermented. Not what you usually here when it comes to extracting flowers so I find myself wanting to double check that but I'm pretty sure that's the case. That's why it's so leathery and unusual
 
ive heard that drink referred to as "green dragon"
Yes indeed. It's a great alternative to other ways of ingesting that are hard on the lungs. I don't combust it at all - I just use dry herb vaporizers (basically a subitism for cannabis) - but even those get irritating so having the tincture is great.
 
Yes indeed. It's a great alternative to other ways of ingesting that are hard on the lungs. I don't combust it at all - I just use dry herb vaporizers (basically a subitism for cannabis) - but even those get irritating so having the tincture is great.
how is the THC activated? dont you need to decarb it to ingest it orally?
 
Apparently the absolute has very little resemblance to the fresh flowers. I have also once encountered this shrub on the West Coast and consider myself lucky to have been able to smell it in flour. I believe when they make the absolute it is from dried flowers that have been somewhat fermented. Not what you usually here when it comes to extracting flowers so I find myself wanting to double check that but I'm pretty sure that's the case. That's why it's so leathery and unusual
woah i had no idea! thats odd that you can dry them and they retain scent. now i reeaaally want to grow some!
 
woah i had no idea! thats odd that you can dry them and they retain scent. now i reeaaally want to grow some!
Another thing to double check but I'm pretty sure orange blossoms can be dried prior to extraction. I can't imagine it would have any positive effect on yield although of course the water is all gone so on a certain level things become more compact.
 
yes you do - just a little heat treatment before tincturing
theres some shit chatGPT wont tell you lol. course, it also says to use isopropyl alcohol 😞

youve got me curious now. ive never made RSO before. might have to give that a whirl and give my poor lungs a break.
 
Another thing to double check but I'm pretty sure orange blossoms can be dried prior to extraction. I can't imagine it would have any positive effect on yield although of course the water is all gone so on a certain level things become more compact.
im looking for organic farmers near me that are willing to sell me a bucket of blooms. in fact, im gonna be doing that with a bunch of select flowers if possible. ive got a frangipani place scoped out, and key limes. still looking for orange citrus (theres so much down here)
 
theres some shit chatGPT wont tell you lol. course, it also says to use isopropyl alcohol 😞

youve got me curious now. ive never made RSO before. might have to give that a whirl and give my poor lungs a break.

Oh yeah good idea never to ask a general purpose AI about making anything technical ha ha

I'm still figuring out if it's worth it in terms of the effects versus the amount of material required to make it.

I don't drink alcohol at this point (unless I'm having the cannabis tincture haha). This stuff will put hair on your chest since it is made with 190 proof everclear. Once you get it down the hatch, which is an intense olfactory experience, it takes a pretty long time to get absorbed and distributed, and the effects are different from smoking. Very good for pain relief (yes at 55 years of age I have the occasional aches and pains). About three hours afterwards I am in one heck of a jolly mood, but I have to be sure to stay off the couch. I'm very careful not to take too much because I'm not looking for anything too wacky
 
Oh yeah good idea never to ask a general purpose AI about making anything technical ha ha

I'm still figuring out if it's worth it in terms of the effects versus the amount of material required to make it.

I don't drink alcohol at this point (unless I'm having the cannabis tincture haha). This stuff will put hair on your chest since it is made with 190 proof everclear. Once you get it down the hatch, which is an intense olfactory experience, it takes a pretty long time to get absorbed and distributed, and the effects are different from smoking. Very good for pain relief (yes at 55 years of age I have the occasional aches and pains). About three hours afterwards I am in one heck of a jolly mood, but I have to be sure to stay off the couch. I'm very careful not to take too much because I'm not looking for anything too wacky
sounds like a good time. a buddy of mine just made the weakest batch of hashbrownies ever, so a good edible experience would be nice!
 
Back
Top