Another garden pull from September 13th. A little bit of everything.
[Ouddict.com] Gardening
[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening
 
IMG_6765.jpeg

Although this isn’t a photo from my garden, during my evening exercise I run past this Japanese Honeysuckle every night.
Even though it’s considered to be an invasive weed, it smells heavenly!
There’s another one of these huge clusters on the other side of the driveway, just right of where this photo is taken. With such a large volume of flowers, the sillage & projection is crazy, I can clearly smell it from 50 meters (165 feet) away!
Right now it’s at its peak - the most perfect tropical white / yellow floral aroma, very bright & sunny, fruity, honeyed, pristine & clean without any indoles. The window isn’t very long before it starts degrading & the indoles go through the roof!
Beautiful looking little flowers, that variation of white & yellow is very cool.
 
2023 Cherry Tomato plant. Those are 7-foot stakes pushed in about a foot.
Average-size cherry tomatoes in abundance. The bushes are about 4 feet tall.
IMG_20230920_083807.jpg
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    IMG_20230923_143345_1CS.webp
    269 KB · Views: 73
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    IMG_20230926_084801.webp
    237.5 KB · Views: 86
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    IMG_20230930_115254.webp
    388.5 KB · Views: 78
Moringa looks like it’s recovering. It’s greener, and there’s new branches coming out. It seems to be “molting” if that makes sense, the old branches and leaves all withered and fell off, and the ones that didn’t fall off were very easy to remove, and green new branches were growing right above them.
I also found a piece of the root stuck to the old pot that smells very nice, reminds be of Arak (miswak) root.
[Ouddict.com] Gardening

[Ouddict.com] Gardening

[Ouddict.com] Gardening

[Ouddict.com] Gardening

[Ouddict.com] Gardening
 
Cherry Tomato plant from this year, 2024. Photos from August 18th through September 28th.
Those are water pipes 4 feet high driven 1/2 foot with 7-foot tomato stakes pushed down about a foot inside the water pipes. I had to do something. Last year the plant outgrew the 7-foot stakes.
Today is Nov 15th and I still pull a very small amount of fruit. I live in Northeast Ohio.
[Ouddict.com] Gardening
[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening
 
Reliant small/mid-range sized tomatoes from a tomato plant I can't recall the variant.
Produced in abundance. The smaller tomatoes in the other photos are cherry bombs.
I won't be growing those. The plant is susceptible to fungi and bacteria.
I used Capt Jack's Bondie Copper and 100% Cold Pressed Neem Oil to help.
The plant should have died, but I cut above the infected area and went downward.
All the while spraying the mixture above the non-infected, or so what I thought was non-infected.
I layered too much Blood Meal down in stages into the soil.
The foliage was massive. I pinched the leaders, but the plant grew so fast I couldn't keep up.
It had no airflow. I honestly couldn't get to the ripping cherry bombs.
Next year I won't layer the blood meal that far down.
As for the resilient tomato plant that I don't remember the name of;
I've taken a bunch of the tomatoes and scattered them in a new spot
I will be covering them up with cow manure soil over the top.
I will also be spreading Imidacloprid for grubs.
[Ouddict.com] Gardening
[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening[Ouddict.com] Gardening
 
In the spirit of things here are a couple of shots from the end of the season. I may have already shared one of these photos I'm not sure! This is a hybrid of my own making - peanut butter breath, mandarin cookies, white widow ancestry. This sib smelled much like lavender and coriander. Descendants of some of Olefaktory's cannabis plants!

IMG_0165.jpeg
IMG_0104.jpeg
 
In the spirit of things here are a couple of shots from the end of the season. I may have already shared one of these photos I'm not sure! This is a hybrid of my own making - peanut butter breath, mandarin cookies, white widow ancestry. This sib smelled much like lavender and coriander. Descendants of some of Olefaktory's cannabis plants!

View attachment 42708View attachment 42709
I think you won the award for green thumb.
 
Such wonderful colours......Good job there with your green fingers....
The weather stayed warm with only a few dips into the freezing.
The plants were only slightly affected. This most recent cold blast did the plants in though.
There was a lot left on the Cherry Bomb tomato plant.
I did get one last pull. I didn't get a photo though.
I didn't get a number of pull photos.
That's ok. What I got was enough.
 
I think you won the award for green thumb.
That stuff grows itself honestly. I would pass the award on to you with those amazing peppers and tomatoes... mine did not come out so well!
 
That stuff grows itself honestly. I would pass the award on to you with those amazing peppers and tomatoes... mine did not come out so well!
I grew Nothern Lights a good number of years ago.
Back then, I didn't know they got that big.
I'm glad I put them in a secluded location.
I had 10 plants.
I remember my friend Butchy saying, "You gotta save the pregnant seeds. You gotta save the pregnant seeds from this".
Back then, I don't know about now, Nothern Lights had such a unique smell to it.
It wasn't pungent or skunky, and when exhaled, it had this bluish-white smoke.
You could hold it in without any harshness.
I've often thought it would make an interesting part of a perfume.
I did look into if anyone owned the rights to these names.
I didn't follow through with it though.
I haven't smoked anything in over 20 years.
It makes me thirsty. It's not good when I get that thirsty.
I've tried, 3 times, but it always brought me back to being very very thirsty.
A quench I can never fill.
That said, they are beautiful and hardy plants.
 
Back
Top