Cannabis is such a beautiful plant.
Agreed. Clary sage when it is flowering has a similar type of physical beauty to it. Likewise it is a stinky and somewhat musky plant in it's fresh form.

If you are a fragrance lover and you garden and have never grown clary sage, it's worth growing because it's spectacular. It's a biennial so you have to keep it alive for two years to get the flowers.
 
So many tomatoes. (Could not resist adding a couple of gratuitous racy tomato photographs). Most of these need a little more time - had to pick these a bit early because many of the tomatoes are splitting before getting completely ripe. Everybody's tomato plants around here (especially mine) look like crap - some kind of blight or something. I got tons of tomatoes though, this is just a few days' harvest and they have been cranking for a month.
Wish you were my neighbor.
 
shampoo ginger is flowering! if you squeeze one of these flowers, they are full of ooze thats reminiscent of cardamom. this is the second kind of ginger growing under the big oak now!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20240927_180821.webp
    319.8 KB · Views: 101
shampoo ginger is flowering! if you squeeze one of these flowers, they are full of ooze thats reminiscent of cardamom. this is the second kind of ginger growing under the big oak now!
Looks like something meant for hummingbirds!
 
Looks like something meant for hummingbirds!
apparently, they have flowers on the cones like this picture i stole from google! and the goo from these "bracts" or cones can be used as a natural shampoo, which gives it the name 😆

gonna have to try this tomorrow. it smells pretty amazing.

my mom got these from a friend who thought they were cardamom. not quite it, but prett cool to have growing anyway. my little jungle continues to diversify!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    x8g064yk6tn41.webp
    118.9 KB · Views: 109
apparently, they have flowers on the cones like this picture i stole from google! and the goo from these "bracts" or cones can be used as a natural shampoo, which gives it the name 😆

gonna have to try this tomorrow. it smells pretty amazing.

my mom got these from a friend who thought they were cardamom. not quite it, but prett cool to have growing anyway. my little jungle continues to diversify!
So much cool stuff can grow in the tropics that's for sure. I feel like you should grow some kava!
 
It has been SUPER interesting harvesting the cannabis plants I grew this year! First time in my life i have experimented with the genetics of fragrant plants and it is just so cool to experience: i planted some siblings from cross-pollinated hybrids, knowing that it would mean all kinds of trait combinations in the offspring. The most fascinating aspect are the aromatic differences among the sibs. One smells just like concord grapes (a trait absent in its parents). Another has a lot in common with lavender to the point where the whole time I was trimming the plant I kept thinking I was smelling it. Another had about 10x the odor intensity of the others - cloying and almost nauseatingly strong, like stepping in dogshit. Yet another is just that pure heavenly "dank" scent with no accessory notes. It's totally expected that there would be this kind of variation but it's still fascinating to see it.

I don't think I would ever grow a bunch of clones or somebody's predefined strain at this point because the genetic recombination of aroma is so fascinating.
Ancestry is white widow, peanut butter breath, mandarin cookies. For better or worse i pollinated this year with alien mints (the seed was from a very high thc batch so my hopes are to intoduce that high potency DNA).

IMG_0129.jpeg
[Ouddict.com] Gardening
 
It has been SUPER interesting harvesting the cannabis plants I grew this year! First time in my life i have experimented with the genetics of fragrant plants and it is just so cool to experience: i planted some siblings from cross-pollinated hybrids, knowing that it would mean all kinds of trait combinations in the offspring. The most fascinating aspect are the aromatic differences among the sibs. One smells just like concord grapes (a trait absent in its parents). Another has a lot in common with lavender to the point where the whole time I was trimming the plant I kept thinking I was smelling it. Another had about 10x the odor intensity of the others - cloying and almost nauseatingly strong, like stepping in dogshit. Yet another is just that pure heavenly "dank" scent with no accessory notes. It's totally expected that there would be this kind of variation but it's still fascinating to see it.

I don't think I would ever grow a bunch of clones or somebody's predefined strain at this point because the genetic recombination of aroma is so fascinating.
Ancestry is white widow, peanut butter breath, mandarin cookies. For better or worse i pollinated this year with alien mints (the seed was from a very high thc batch so my hopes are to intoduce that high potency DNA).

View attachment 41173View attachment 41174
woooahh what are you gonna name your grapey strain? looks nice!
 

Looks like a great harvest, @Mr.P !
I'll be over shortly 🙂
You are always welcome, plenty to share 🙂

By far the most interesting thing has been the variation and distribution of fragrance types among the siblings. Very complex rich aromas that are fascinating independent of any recreational / medicinal psychoactive side.
 
Last edited:
Check out these gourds - "Serpiente di Sicilia" aka cucuzza or zuchetti. I'm going to make some kind of effed up tentacled halloween display out of these if i can... that's a full size skull replica for scale.

Also... i want to dry them and make musical instruments out of these things. I wonder if one would work as a didgeridoo if hollowed out? I'm sure I could fashion something like a vuvuzela or alpenhorn lol
[Ouddict.com] Gardening
 
Check out these gourds - "Serpiente di Sicilia" aka cucuzza or zuchetti. I'm going to make some kind of effed up tentacled halloween display out of these if i can... that's a full size skull replica for scale.

Also... i want to dry them and make musical instruments out of these things. I wonder if one would work as a didgeridoo if hollowed out? I'm sure I could fashion something like a vuvuzela or alpenhorn lol
View attachment 41429
These remind me of Japanese Eggplant. PS loving this thread, the bounty pics, etc...
 
Cucuzza. there’s an amazing and amazingly cheap Italian green grocer near me that sells those in the summer. They’re really good. You can eat the greens and tender vines too called tenerumi. They sell those as well and I wondered what that big pile of squash vines was until I asked.
 
Check out these gourds - "Serpiente di Sicilia" aka cucuzza or zuchetti. I'm going to make some kind of effed up tentacled halloween display out of these if i can... that's a full size skull replica for scale.

Also... i want to dry them and make musical instruments out of these things. I wonder if one would work as a didgeridoo if hollowed out? I'm sure I could fashion something like a vuvuzela or alpenhorn lol
View attachment 41429

Very snake-like!
Maybe some kind of medusa thing?
 
this bucket has been cooking for over a year now, and its looking like its ready to support life! strange thing to get happy about random seeds growing in a bucket of fruit skin emulsion... but i so am! when this dries out, its going to be crumbled down onto my vetiver plants and sandalwood trees.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241025_160618.webp
    366.4 KB · Views: 103
  • [Ouddict.com] Gardening
    20241025_160627.webp
    309.6 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top