You have an amazing collection of incense! You are inspiring me to start looking for some myself. What is your best bang for the buck, Japanese style, oudamberlove, and where should i procure it?
 
You have an amazing collection of incense! You are inspiring me to start looking for some myself. What is your best bang for the buck, Japanese style, oudamberlove, and where should i procure it?
The best bang for your buck, is relative to how you like the aroma. It’s useless to get a good deal on a stick you don’t like. Will pm you in a few hours with more details:Thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
A Trio from Tennendo
Renzan, Kuukai, and Tensei

They share a common thread, an ingredient I’m not familiar with. They strike me as good for room scenting.

Another “long time not used” stick....
Daihatsu Roukaku Aloeswood
I’m wondering why this stick isn’t in my “daily rotation box”
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Started with a medley of sticks, then capped it off with Baieido’s Jinkoh Kokoh

Most of the time the ingredients overpower the agarwood, but after the conditioning of lighting a medley of sticks, the ingredients in the Jinkoh Kokoh took a back seat, and the agarwood was able to shine. It’s certainly in there, I am not sure what region of agarwood was used, but if I were to guess, probably the Hakasui type Vietnamese.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Kida Jinseido
Ikuhokoh

This stick is composed similar to Shunkohdo’s
Ranjatai. That puts it in good company. A well made stick indeed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Jiang is on Facebook. He will include a price list if you request it. Note the various Hainan oils. Jiang uses exactly the same vial and cap as Dr. Incense shows, that is what made me wonder. I’ve come to learn Jiang has been a source for other resellers. View attachment 9432
It is said by some respecrable persons with extreme certainty Jiang is the first source of certain artisanal oils.
 
Vietnamese incense sticks from Tony Bolton. My wife thought I was heating some wild Vietnamese wood that I have on the subtism. Great value at $75 for 20 grams of sticks.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Yep it is very good quality one. Just got mine yesterday. Very generous seller
 
Shoyeido Nan-kun

Enjoying it more now than I ever did before.

Topped it off with a stick that is supposed to be made with over 50% green oil kyara
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
I bought 2 packs of the same sticks. I burned one the night before and one last night. I pick up an annoying (and disappointing) mild harshness in those Nha Trang sticks. Could actually feel it in my throat last night. I burn a incense stick just a few feet away from where I sit. Maybe I’m sensitive to something others are not. I also wondered why the sticks are tan in color and not dark. Probably end up selling them at a loss!


Vietnamese incense sticks from Tony Bolton. My wife thought I was heating some wild Vietnamese wood that I have on the subtism. Great value at $75 for 20 grams of sticks.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
 
Yep you r right about that harshness Martin. I wasn't experienced on me but my kids did.
Thought they were symptoms of flu but Just saw your post and all clear now.
 
Yep you r right about that harshness Martin. I wasn't experienced on me but my kids did.
Thought they were symptoms of flu but Just saw your post and all clear now.

I’m not downing Tony and Tha as I have had many excellent transactions with woods. I think maybe Tony hasn’t burned any of the sticks himself or didn’t notice the harshness.
 
I bought 2 packs of the same sticks. I burned one the night before and one last night. I pick up an annoying (and disappointing) mild harshness in those Nha Trang sticks. Could actually feel it in my throat last night. I burn a incense stick just a few feet away from where I sit. Maybe I’m sensitive to something others are not. I also wondered why the sticks are tan in color and not dark. Probably end up selling them at a loss!
Sorry to hear that.
 
This morning
Tennendo Enkuu
good aloeswood presence, but equally matched by a strong spice/herb presence, makes it a challenging stick to listen to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Shunkohdo Kyara Seikan

I think this stick does not try to manufacture a Kyara note, and instead, leaves the Kyara content to contribute it’s own combusted note. Very low-key, but a Purist’s delight.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Kida Jinseido Ikuhokoh and Shunkohdo Ranjatai,
these are like brothers,
one has some brightness with an ingredient I cannot identify, the other.....darker with Chocolate and Reiryo.

Both wonderful, like works of olfactory art.

But their cousin Baieido Koshiboku can show them a thing or two. It is ultra-wonderful IMO.
 
almost all my Japanese incense is gone, have some random low-grade Indian stuff left and Tibet ones like the Holy Land 1 & 2 and this random assortment pack of Tibet incenses that I got from incense-traditions in Canada (website)
I've not burned any of these really, hmm! This will be my next incense to use for the next few months

funnily, my neighbour's cat walked into my house earlier (I had the kitchen door open) and we're cool with each other, and he came in and went sniffing around and eventually came across the Tibet incenses in the corner where he stayed for a good 2-3 minutes smelling them :Roflmao::Roflmao:

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Back
Top