Waking up to Green Oil and coffee.

Shoyeido Translucent Path and Infinty
then Seijudo Enju

The Enju is a very thin stick with a slow burn, so I lit two sticks simultaneously.......
problem solved, now it is more enjoyable.
 
Love translucent path. Really strong kyara without too much distraction. Very rich oily fragrance with burnt notes relatively subdued. I found my remaining 1/4 stick out in the garage a few days ago. Glad I found it. Bought the premium sampler pack back in 2008 or so... only the translucent path remains!
 
Tried a few sticks today

Ken Canata

Brunei
Sovereign

KZ

Cumminga Sulawesi
Malinau

It was like a quick burn to try them .. will surely spend some time with them before sharing my experience.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 
Kida Jinseido Ikuhokoh

This is what Kyarazen had to say about this stick (on Fb)

«Being an artisanal incense maker does not mean the world only revolves around what you create, but instead you have to learn to see the beauty on the creation of others and the heritage their incense carry within them.»

I have to agree that Ikuhokoh is indeed a nice stick.
Where Rajantai gives me a blackwood vibe, Ikuhokoh displays the agarwood more realistically, with a bit more balance. These two, together with Koshiboku are my “Tres Bandidos”, if I take them anywhere with me, I’ll be all set 🙂
 
Started with Shunkohdo Kyara Seikan
I hardly smell the Kyara.
This stick is nearly bare-bones agarwood, with just a touch of herbs and musk. Unassuming but very appreciable.

Then....
Yamadamatsu Senshu Siam (Vietnamese).
As with the Kyara version, there are added aromatics to complement the agarwood, I just wish I new what particular Vietnamese Agarwood profile they’re trying to boost. I self confessed that I lack a well rounded Vietnamese profile library.
........and just to show how much I don’t know......
I lit the KZ Eight Millennium stick, and was totally lost. Somehow I think of clove, agarwood, and cedar, but I’m not sure, everything is well blended. Overall, it reminds me of Yamadamatsu Kyara Firebird.

Then......
To top it all off, Shoyeido Infinity, always a pleasure.
 
Vietnam Theme today.

Shunkohdo Kanhoa

A lot of Vietnamese agarwood scent, but a lot of binder/low resinated wood also. Could be plantation. Overall, pretty good.

Kyarazen Nha Trang Classic

Thin sticks, a gentle amount of Nha Trang aroma, similar to Kanhoa, and a bead making scraps/dust vibe. More than likely old growth, and leaves aome aroma in the air.

Seikado Tokusen Chinsui Sham/Siam

The least Vietnamese agarwood aroma, plus I think there are added aromatics to recreate the Vietnamese agarwood profile. A lot of charcoal in the recipe but supposedly around 20% agarwood also. Overall, not bad, but I don’t prefer it. I wish there were no added aromatics.
 
Alsalamualaykum brothers and sisters I'm very new to Japanese incense sticks..but I've just burned my very first stick today....Kyukyodo (Smiling Orchid) from Mermade....wow these sticks smells awesome. I'm not as adept as others so I can't break down all of the ingredients by smell as of yet, but in time InshaAllah. Thank you all for inviting me to a wonderful ofactory experience.
 
Gyokushodo En No Sho

The charcoal based binder delivers the green oil note clearly, but in a small, almost smokeless cloud. Their Blender’s chose an ancient musky component “Onycha” for the recipe. A little musky, but oceanic at the same time, although I prefer the oceanic vibe of ambergris more.
 
Tennendo Enkuu

Although it has a powerful blend of ingredients, their signature scent still comes through.
I noticed that with the different incense houses, each house tends to use a certain set of aromatics.
 
Dr. Incense Sinking Malinau

This stick goes unlit quite often, too much resin, but smells divine!:Inlove:

The stick before this one stayed lit most of the way.


Kenneth Cannata Brunei

The use of charcoal in the binder keeps this stick lit, no problem. Plus, I believe there is a decent amount of Agarwood in the recipe.

Lastly, Shunkohdo Haru no Kaori
(smell of spring)

A light dose of florals and blossoms, like walking through a garden full of blooms. The agarwood is very present. I don’t smell synthetics, but I wonder what aromatics were used to bring about this scent.
 
I keep seeing WSG places. Is this vendor still selling. Google yielded little results. Are KyaraZen sticks still available anywhere?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan
Baieido Kohshiboku Long Roll Kohgen edition.

A little deviation from the original formula. It now has more of the ingredients that remind me of Kohen and Jinko Kokoh. Still okay, but not the same.
 
hi all anyone can give me a contact of premium and tested and checked quality of hojari frankicense i find one in ebay in oman with good feedback any have a sure adress for frankisence thank you

I bought Hojari from ebayer topaz550. It has a nice fragerance and light opaque color. It is large pieces. Takes a month to get to the USA. I bought Hojari oil and frankincense from arabianteeb. To me this is slightly better as the aroma is more pure citrusy, the color is a little more uniform and pure. Both burn very well and I do recommend. It is just a personal preference that I like the Arabianteeb offering over Topaz550, despite the pieces being smaller.
 
Went with Sri Lanka today

Dr. Incense and Imperial Oud

The signature scent of Dr. Incense sticks is very obvious to me now. It’s in this stick, together with Walla Patta. Plenty of agarwood scents in the air, together with the complex signature.

Imperial Oud’s stick is more straightforward.....
agarwood and binder....still plenty of Walla Patta in the air, maybe just a tiny bit less than the Dr. stick, but a little more perfumey.

So which do I prefer? I like them both equally.
Dr. Incense’s has a kick, while Imperial Oud’s is perfumey.
 
Yamadamatsu Shuju Manaka

The Shuju series really deviates from the traditional style. I’m still getting accustomed to it.
(it’s more like chips on a heater)

Followed with Shoyeido Go-un
A very successful agarwood/sandalwood blend
 
Alsalamualaykum brothers and sisters
A pic of my Incense Box. [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Dayall filled with wonderful Incense.
 
Back
Top