I need a little nudge and I will get it. And apparently their are three versions of it.
This shop has a sample set of the three.
 
This shop has a sample set of the three.
I think we were referring to Tennendo Frankincense, which has that as an offering, as well as a "Pure" and "Oman" variant
 
I'm in Mexico for a few days. First I burned some locally made copal sticks that had an insane burn time of 3-4 hours. Then I burned three different kinds of copal resin: a more citric white-lemony copal named copal santo, then a grey/black copal with woodier notes, and finally a very dirt, almost maroon copal that is made by the Yaqui people in Sonora that smells like a strong, almost animalic amber.
 
This shop has a sample set of the three.
I tried hojo red yesterday, it was a bit too dark and resinous for me. But pretty good quality for those who like that. I sincerely recommend trying Seikado Submerged Siamese. Kohshiboku has spoiled me forever.

But yes, we were discussing Tennedo Frankincense here.
 
I tried hojo red yesterday, it was a bit too dark and resinous for me. But pretty good quality for those who like that. I sincerely recommend trying Seikado Submerged Siamese. Kohshiboku has spoiled me forever.

But yes, we were discussing Tennedo Frankincense here.
I'll check it out.👍
 
Hahaha, calm down buddy, nobody is showing off here Lol
if you feel me and others sharing our expensive sticks experiences is flexing, you can't be more wrong!
I share for future me (I consider it as an incense sticks dairy!) and for others who will come in the future looking for reviews or opinions about this stick or that, this is a niche inside a niche world, difficult to get info, that's why I'm writing, no flexing here!
When I entered the oud rabbit hole couple years back I was looking for reviews or any information about specific oils and thank god I found another forum that is now gone was having a lot of reviews and was so helpful, never thought this guy is flexing with his oils stash or his wood haha that is hilarious : )
Keep flexing bro 🙂
 
View attachment 51458
Can someone help me recognise this?
Product Details
  • Brand: Kyokushudo (菊寿堂), a Japanese incense manufacturer located on Awaji Island.
  • Series: Kokuboku Ginmi (香木吟味).
  • Scent: Jinkoh Kalimantan (沈香 加里萬丹).
  • Ingredients: Contains a generous amount of tani agarwood (oudh) sourced from Kalimantan, Indonesia.
  • Scent Profile: The scent is characterized by a sharp, spicy note and a sweet, bitter aftertaste unique to the region.
  • Packaging: Supplied in a Paulownia wooden box (桐箱付).
This incense is considered an artwork of fragrance, made with the most luxurious and high-quality agarwood.
 
Its really great quality, i had two small packs but getting big box soon.
You can try the sample pack and see if you like it or not.
Thanks, will add it in my cart for next purchase. I see they have 2-3 versions of it now.
 
Dr Incense - Enlightenment - thanks to @Jeh for reminding me of how elegantly the Doc can combine ambergris into incense sticks! Unlit they smell strongly of Reiryokoh and while lit they release a unique camphor like profile which is savory, and satiating yet elusive and mysterious! The after-burn from my 1 - 3 cm burn sessions is enough for hours of enjoyment!
 
Dr Incense - Processed Vietnam Oud Version : This batch, in particular, made with a special Vietnamese oil that was distilled more than 20 years ago and then blended with corresponding wood from this region, it released an incredibly heating aroma when burning, and a unique sweet melon-like note.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top