It's a little difficult assessing incenses in my apartment at times due to the size of it. This plus it's bloody hot atm so I have rh place closed up with the AC cranking. Incense, in this environment can get a bit overwhelming at times but I don't have any other options. A couple of days ago I went for a swim at a private bush swimming hole that I've been going to for years. The creek that the swimming hole is a part of is a natural border between a private property and National Park so there are rarely other people there which suits me perfectly. I took with me a coil of Kangiiten - Lao/Cambodian soil. This coil absolutely sings in a hot and humid outdoor environment. Even while swimming at least 10 metres away from where the coil was I was getting beautiful wafts of the smoke. Wish I could do this more often.
 
Lit up the kyara from Yamadamatsu today in more-or-less a gratuitous, "it's a holiday" fashion.

House smells amazing!
that's the spirit!
 
Can anyone recommend some high-quality muattar? I'd rather get something that needs to be warmed and materfully perfumed.

I've looked at some of the incense/oud from Arabian Oud, and they sound tempting, but I don't know about the quality (I have learned that price doesn't equal quality, though there are exceptions).

My price range is <$150--pretty much a box of Shoyeido's Myokaku--before the tariffs. USA-located preferred unless it's amazing.
 
Can anyone recommend some high-quality muattar? I'd rather get something that needs to be warmed and materfully perfumed.

I've looked at some of the incense/oud from Arabian Oud, and they sound tempting, but I don't know about the quality (I have learned that price doesn't equal quality, though there are exceptions).

My price range is <$150--pretty much a box of Shoyeido's Myokaku--before the tariffs. USA-located preferred unless it's amazing.
I recently got my nose on some muattar from Hind-al-oud. I was highly impressed, they are one of the brands which is high quality and not synthetic based. I don’t remember the name of the muattar, but I would recommend checking out their website.

I love a couple of perfumes from them too. And had an amazing experience visiting their store in Dubai Mall a few years ago.

Don’t have a lot of experience with bakhoor/muattar, I loved one from a local indian brand and every time I burned it guests would ask about it and made me help them buy.
 
I recently got my nose on some muattar from Hind-al-oud. I was highly impressed, they are one of the brands which is high quality and not synthetic based. I don’t remember the name of the muattar, but I would recommend checking out their website.

I love a couple of perfumes from them too. And had an amazing experience visiting their store in Dubai Mall a few years ago.

Don’t have a lot of experience with bakhoor/muattar, I loved one from a local indian brand and every time I burned it guests would ask about it and made me help them buy.
Thanks for the suggestion; I will check them out!

Joe
 
Thanks for the suggestion; I will check them out!

Joe
I recently got my nose on some muattar from Hind-al-oud. I was highly impressed, they are one of the brands which is high quality and not synthetic based. I don’t remember the name of the muattar, but I would recommend checking out their website.

I love a couple of perfumes from them too. And had an amazing experience visiting their store in Dubai Mall a few years ago.

Don’t have a lot of experience with bakhoor/muattar, I loved one from a local indian brand and every time I burned it guests would ask about it and made me help them buy.
Wow, a new luxury love. I found their perfumes and incense. Do you have any recommendations?
 
Wow, a new luxury love. I found their perfumes and incense. Do you have any recommendations?
My absolute favourites are Everdeep Barari and Oud Zayed. Also look at…

Ghali Al Athman
Sheikh Mohammed
Oud Abu Sultan
Sheikh A
Tahnoun Exceptional
Seri Ana
Habahhan
Deep Massey
 
Yamadamatsu - Hojo (Green) - My first stick from this series - and it already hits the nail on the head for me. Complex - and not really like the other sticks claiming to be "Kyara" to my nose - just a unique blend of all sorts of aromatics that just scream quality. Green, musky, woody - great way to see out 2025.
 
Seijudo Kyara Enju -- Long Life

Beautiful incense. Very deep scent, woody and floral. I bought three itty bitty sticks after reading about it here. From iori or Xerohome, I think. Possibly Mobyus. Whomever it was, thank you 😊 I'm ready to go back for the grown-up sticks, in the itty bitty box.
 
Seijudo Kyara Enju -- Long Life

Beautiful incense. Very deep scent, woody and floral. I bought three itty bitty sticks after reading about it here. From iori or Xerohome, I think. Possibly Mobyus. Whomever it was, thank you 😊 I'm ready to go back for the grown-up sticks, in the itty bitty box.
I also have the itty bitty sticks coming. Sample stick sets are the best.
 
Seijudo Kyara Enju -- Long Life

Beautiful incense. Very deep scent, woody and floral. I bought three itty bitty sticks after reading about it here. From iori or Xerohome, I think. Possibly Mobyus. Whomever it was, thank you 😊 I'm ready to go back for the grown-up sticks, in the itty bitty box.
I also have the itty bitty sticks coming. Sample stick sets are the best.
Don't those sticks only come 8 to a tube, so in that regard you guys are sorta getting close to half the box ?
 
Back
Top