Seijudo Shogetsu
Yummy stick, first thing i lit today and i got the honey note cleanly along with sweet of crassna etc and there is musk there too >.>

Tennendo Frankincense ..
I'll have to get big box when i do next order, probably with the Yamadamatsu Hojo line.

Seijudo Kyara Horen
Fresh and Elegance!
I have stocked good amount of it, time to hunt for more Heavenly Orchid
 
Yamadamatsu - Ambergris, It comes in a hobby pack with some actual ambergris and a few sticks made with it. I understand the reason why it got banned, but this is just too beautiful. Casually burned it realising how special this is going to be to burn in the future.
This is one of my favorite incense sticks, did you bought it in the Kyoto store?
 
This is one of my favorite incense sticks, did you bought it in the Kyoto store?
sounds like a nice set would love to see a photo!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    503a6807-c720-4930-b6e3-11570afd7240.webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 73
@Jeh @Mr.P i ordered it from kihara-ec.
About a year ago, I bought the larger box at the Kyoto store that comes without ambergris but with more sticks. I finished it in the middle of the Peruvian rainforest, sharing it with some guys from indigenous tribes : Shipibo and Matsigenka. It was their first time smelling ambergris, obviously. These incenses are some of the finest things I have smelled to date.

I wonder if the larger box is avaiable on kihara-ec.
 
Yamadamtsu - Hojo White. I am starting to lean towards the idea as Brandon said that Kyara isn't necessarily great when being combusted. I'm snapping off small lengths of these sticks so I have more left. I think, once i've burnt all three, I will give them a go on my sub instead and make a final impression from there. The white stick in this line has the perfume note that I'm not fond of. Even a little bit of a plastic note? First impression though and I'm a complete novice when it comes to these higher end sticks so I have no doubt I'm missing particular nuances.
 
Yamadamtsu - Hojo White. I am starting to lean towards the idea as Brandon said that Kyara isn't necessarily great when being combusted. I'm snapping off small lengths of these sticks so I have more left. I think, once i've burnt all three, I will give them a go on my sub instead and make a final impression from there. The white stick in this line has the perfume note that I'm not fond of. Even a little bit of a plastic note? First impression though and I'm a complete novice when it comes to these higher end sticks so I have no doubt I'm missing particular nuances.
I did not enjoy Hojo red when burned, but I am going to try and put it on my heater. What temperatures do you think works best?
 
Last edited:
I did not enjoy Hojo red when burned, but I am going to try and put it on my heater. What temperatures do you think works best?
Yamadamtsu - Hojo White. I am starting to lean towards the idea as Brandon said that Kyara isn't necessarily great when being combusted. I'm snapping off small lengths of these sticks so I have more left. I think, once i've burnt all three, I will give them a go on my sub instead and make a final impression from there. The white stick in this line has the perfume note that I'm not fond of. Even a little bit of a plastic note? First impression though and I'm a complete novice when it comes to these higher end sticks so I have no doubt I'm missing particular nuances.
try these Hojo sticks next to Ouju as well and you'll see what I mean about the chemical/oil base being the same. my guess is that have little to no actual kyara in it. ive also tried YMs Shu-ju kyara stick and it just smelled like burnt wood from what I recall.
 
try these Hojo sticks next to Ouju as well and you'll see what I mean about the chemical/oil base being the same. my guess is that have little to no actual kyara in it. ive also tried YMs Shu-ju kyara stick and it just smelled like burnt wood from what I recall.
Are you implying that these sticks are not 100% natural?
 
Back
Top